Canada Serving Canada.

omgwtfbbq? Really.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
omgwtfbbq? Really.

So I bought my g35 4 door 6mt several months ago. Its been a fairly good car aside from lacking interior quality and some stupid things the last owner did. But the last thing one in my position would expect it for something major to go. Right? Wrong.

I bought the car when this wonderful province was still yielding 30 degree temperatures. So how could I have know the car would make some funny noises and in some instances not work in the cold. The first zero degree day there was, I set off to work as I usually do. Cold aside, something new had reared its ugly head; bearing noise from the transmission. SON OF A BIZNATCH. The issue got progressively worse, and was accompanied by gear grinding (with the use of the clutch of course) and a general sense of 'why did I buy another bloody Datsun'.

Wednesday last week I took the car to the stealership in Calgary. They rattled off a list of things that were 'wrong with the car' a day after they had it. I told them to do a few things that I myself dont have the technology to do, which is fine. They quote me a set of numbers, and my bill doesnt reflect them. Whatever. No big deal. I can deal with that. I find it a small price to pay after I find my warrenty is up in less than a bloody month. The gearbox was apparently replaced without a hitch. Or so I was told. I'll find out when I find time to head up to Calgary to get the car. Lets just hope this car doesnt have any more grim surprizes before the warranty card burns up.

On a different note, does anyone have some factory Brembo's they want to sell me?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm on my 2nd tranny as well. no big deal, as long as Infiniti pays. did you get a free clutch disk with your new tranny? you should have.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 PM
It is a big deal, as they wont be paying for anything else that goes wrong with the car. If this g35 eats another, I think its safe to say I wont be using any more transmission related Nissan product on my dollar.

I dont believe they did. I dont care much, as an OS or ORC super single is on my 'to do in the not so distant future' list.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
That's a pisser, Jon, hope they got your cogs all straightened out.

Y'know I sat in said stealership while getting some tires mounted and listened to the service writers: "Yeah, your brakes are looking a little worn, you should probably replace them for eleventy bezillion dollars. And you need a rad flush for another four bezillion and your diff oil is looking kinda dirty (did they even look? What's the mileage?), that's another 1.1 bezillion, bringing your total to 3.2 twatwillion dollars. Okay? Great! We'll book you in for next Tuesday."

I had to shake my head. I wanted to grab the phone and say "I'll do most of that for you, for half the price, with better products and still make money!!"

Oh well, I guess Infiniti mechanics gotta eat, too.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
That sucks Jon hopefully you don't have more issues.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
That's a pisser, Jon, hope they got your cogs all straightened out.

Y'know I sat in said stealership while getting some tires mounted and listened to the service writers: "Yeah, your brakes are looking a little worn, you should probably replace them for eleventy bezillion dollars. And you need a rad flush for another four bezillion and your diff oil is looking kinda dirty (did they even look? What's the mileage?), that's another 1.1 bezillion, bringing your total to 3.2 twatwillion dollars. Okay? Great! We'll book you in for next Tuesday."

I had to shake my head. I wanted to grab the phone and say "I'll do most of that for you, for half the price, with better products and still make money!!"

Oh well, I guess Infiniti mechanics gotta eat, too.
I know what you mean. They've got their targets and comp structures to motivate selling services.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Hah thanks guys. I like to think of dealerships as licenced con artists. But its still a wonder some of them make the money they do.

Got the car back, everything seems to be in order. They did replace the clutch disc as well. Its nice and grabby, for the time being haha. They also did a few other things, including an outstanding fuel line recall. Forgot to mention that. Needless to say Hyatt certainly wasnt the worst dealership ive dealt with, not by a long shot.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^^ They've improved quite a bit, I think, since Ken Day came on as Service Manager. He's been pretty good to me for the small amount of work I've had done there.

Glad your car's all better, Jon.