Canada Serving Canada.

AT Check light after remote starter install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT Check light after remote starter install

Hey guys
So i get the viper 5901 remote stater alarm combo installed on my 05 AT Coupe and now my tranny is slipping and feels like it wont get outta first. The car has to rev up to like 25-3K to get even rolling . I took it to good ol' woodchester nissan and infiniti and they told me its a ground wire issues. When the alarm was installed they must have forgotten to put a ground wire back in and that is causing the transmission to act up. I was already a bit apprehensive on installing a alarm starter combo, and I got it done at best buy, prolly a stupid mistake aswell. Only plus is I got the warranty plan from them. I'm going to go back there now to see whats good. This is becoming a big hassle. I just want my ride to be driving right again

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by GiLLG35
Hey guys
So i get the viper 5901 remote stater alarm combo installed on my 05 AT Coupe and now my tranny is slipping and feels like it wont get outta first. The car has to rev up to like 25-3K to get even rolling . I took it to good ol' woodchester nissan and infiniti and they told me its a ground wire issues. When the alarm was installed they must have forgotten to put a ground wire back in and that is causing the transmission to act up. I was already a bit apprehensive on installing a alarm starter combo, and I got it done at best buy, prolly a stupid mistake aswell. Only plus is I got the warranty plan from them. I'm going to go back there now to see whats good. This is becoming a big hassle. I just want my ride to be driving right again
DUMB Idea... In the sense that you let 16 year olds at best buy install your stuff, and went to Woodchester Nissan!

Take it to Audioheaven in Richmond Hill and Jeff will fix it! Guy is pro. Installed my Alarm/Starter without a hitch as well as many other guy's on here!

Good luck.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow sucks to hear i know a really good installer at Futureshop in Woodbridge he did my DD and he even took apart the used wiring harness and soldered every connection...

I was thinking of getting the same starter OP now u got me thinking twice...

Shawn do u rem how much roughly they charge, BB near my work told me Labour was roughly 300 and 300 for the alarm/starter

With my employee discount pretty much it would be half ~$300 for everything

Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by gcoupe_toronto
wow sucks to hear i know a really good installer at Futureshop in Woodbridge he did my DD and he even took apart the used wiring harness and soldered every connection...

I was thinking of getting the same starter OP now u got me thinking twice...

Shawn do u rem how much roughly they charge, BB near my work told me Labour was roughly 300 and 300 for the alarm/starter

With my employee discount pretty much it would be half ~$300 for everything
Top of the line compustar was around 550 install with unit from Jeff.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
man i still need to geh mine installed lmao

Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
I would say it is the tach wire that is causing the problem.
Find it and disconnect it and it should rectify the situation immediately.
They need a better source.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:03 AM
so cars at infiniti now after spending the day at best cry all day yesterday...they couldnt seem to find the issue and now infiniti is having a crack at it...they told me they are going to take out wutever besybuy installed and then try to figure out the problem from there.

Has this AT Check light happen to anybody else before?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by GiLLG35
so cars at infiniti now after spending the day at best cry all day yesterday...they couldnt seem to find the issue and now infiniti is having a crack at it...they told me they are going to take out wutever besybuy installed and then try to figure out the problem from there.

Has this AT Check light happen to anybody else before?
NOOOOOOO You should have taken it to Oakville Infiniti, but first to Jeff!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
So infiniti figured out what was up after they pulled the alarm and all from the car and found out that a wire was spliced wrong and that in turn blew a fuse for the A/T control which resulted in my tcm getting fried. So bascially I need a new TCM and Valve Body and the repairs are gonna cost 2800.00. So Best Buy is gonna have to pay the repairs as they are the ones to blame.So as of now, my car is still at woodchester and I got a rental Pontiac G5 as Best Buy will pay for the damages and the rental car. What a headache!!!! But I gotta say Woodchester has been pretty good in helping me out in solving this situation.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Shawn87
NOOOOOOO You should have taken it to Oakville Infiniti, but first to Jeff!

Oakville Nissan/Infiniti is owned by the same person who owns Woodchester. Woodchester is just a tad bit cheaper due to its location. The service is pretty much the same, they share everything with each other.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by wise-1
Oakville Nissan/Infiniti is owned by the same person who owns Woodchester. Woodchester is just a tad bit cheaper due to its location. The service is pretty much the same, they share everything with each other.
Haha Ya i know they are the smae owner, except service and tech wise they are completely different. Oakville blows Woodchester away when it comes down to that.

I had a set of tein coil overs on my G, and Woodchester tried to tell me that I had two different sets of suspension on each side of my car, then proceeded to charge me 200 bucks to raise my car which turned out to be an inch. THEN they tried to rape me on a deal for a new G37. Their words, you can't get any black ones. Are you f*ckin serious?! Then proceeded to tell me I wouldnt like the black 370Z in the showroom. Woodchester BLOWS!

haha sorry for the hijack.

Drain every cent out of Best Buy!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 PM
i think oakville is the worst at sales. When I went in there to buy my G, I was looking at a 4dr 6mt. I sat down to talk price and the guy said, "You don't have money, I'm not going to waste my time with you. Bring your father." I was ready to give a certified cheque for $19,500. The guy didn't believe me. I came back 2 weeks later with my car and told him to eat a dick. Atleast woodchester didn't insult me, although they never called me back. More specifically 'Sal' who just wanted to "earn (my) business" decided (at told the receptionist whom i know) that I'm not serious enough.

wait, i just proved that both dealerships suck. Oh well, I guess its the vibe you give off that determines your experience.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
ahaha Sal " I wanna earn your buiness"