Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010 | 05:19 PM
Your *** is grass old man.
When are you coming to Edmonton next?

Old 05-22-2010 | 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Karma
Your *** is grass old man.
When are you coming to Edmonton next?

Bwwaaaaahhaaa thats been up for a couple weeks now .

i am super busy at work and still trying to wrap up a few things on the car, I want a tune and get the traction control working so I can get the ECU off the passanger side floor. Then i will try to get up to see you, Maybe even UC next friday . I will you

Old 05-23-2010 | 02:10 AM
Put and axle back on a few days ago. Its a Borla Muffler I've had for ages, but i welded on new tips. It fits so well it's just strange! I spent WAY too much time on it, but I really don't want to pay for anthing but the Borla True dual system or a Stillen Dual system. Soon...

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:10 AM
^^ Now all you need is one of these. Especially since you have the tools & skills to weld in an extension.

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:25 AM
Yes please! Pm'd.

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:28 PM
Eno
Question

Okay... looks like I'm going to be swapping out my HFCs.

Suitable direct alternatives seem to be:

Ultimate Racing 350z ceramic core
Kinetix
MD ART Pipes
BERK
Fast Intentions

I've seen a few suggestions of incorperating a magnaflow X and some straight pipes instead of the resonated Stillens...

For now I think I'm going to swap the HFC only...

Any one of the above look better than the rest?

Old 05-24-2010 | 08:27 AM
If it were me (and it almost was) I would go with the UR ceramics since they are high-quality, reputed to have no rasp, and the price is very, very good. NOW you better buy them before someone else does, haha! That said, I have no direct experience with HFCs. But even if you don't like them, you can turn around and sell them for what you paid.

Old 05-24-2010 | 11:36 AM
Eno
Okay then... off to get me registered on 350z then! lol

Old 05-24-2010 | 11:44 AM
What HFC's do you have on there now Ian? Stillen? Any engine lights? I have had good luck wih Random Technology Cats, but i havent seen a G/Z application.
*edit* Just saw that Random does make a couple direct fit applications for our cars.

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:22 PM
Changed the trans and final drive fluid last night and thought "there has to be a better way". I've been using one of the girlfriends old Bahemoth of a shampoo bottle with a pump for years and thought i was as clever as could be. (it does work very well)

Then i saw this:

I never even thought to look for a real gear oil pump. Genius! This came just in time too. Its 92k service time for my frontier and it collective 247.3L of drive line fluids.

Old 05-24-2010 | 01:50 PM
Yup, very handy. I have one, I think it's at red35's place at the moment.

Old 05-24-2010 | 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by 6MTKeith
Changed the trans and final drive fluid last night and thought "there has to be a better way". I've been using one of the girlfriends old Bahemoth of a shampoo bottle with a pump for years and thought i was as clever as could be. (it does work very well)

Then i saw this:
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/images/g2039_600px.jpg

I never even thought to look for a real gear oil pump. Genius! This came just in time too. Its 92k service time for my frontier and it collective 247.3L of drive line fluids.
What is better than that is squeezing the bottles in for a an hour. I could not feel my hands after, would never try without a pump again.

Old 05-24-2010 | 04:12 PM
Eno
Thumbs up

Picked up one of those Grounding Kits from SxExCx and let me tell you- I'm glad I did. I'm on the AT side of things so the difference was pretty noticeable really quick.

As most of you know about me, I'm about as retarded as they come when it's time to install something... just about everything I've purchased wasn't quite right for some reason or another- starting with the wrong sub speakers for the enclosure I bought... then the whole Stillen thing I'm wrasslin with now.

When this kit showed up I read the instructions and was thinking... frick. Hood latch? Where the hell is that? And what in god's name is a firewall? (Apparently he hadn't meant the one on my computer- which I have subsequently re-enabled.)

Anyway- long story short... I followed the instructions that were sent- and between fussing with my jackstand placements and trying to find the contact point under the car I was done in less than an hour. MUCH less than an hour. Everything was exactly the length it needed to be and looked clean pretty much as is- but there are some handy zip ties included for that extra bit of mop and polish.

I think another guy in the actual electrical forum said it best: It's not like I installed a turbo or anything, but the shifts are smoother and there's less lag. I'm not 100% sure about the headlights being brighter, or about the radio being louder- I'm not a light-o-phile nor an audiophile... but suffice to say they're not LESS bright and not LESS loud.

Sean had the product built and shipped within a day- but USPS is not the way to go with that unless you want to pay a bit more for their express packaging... apparently "Customs Tracking" doesn't allow for any tracking whatsoever and their "Priority" is by no means "Express." Or versa vice... I don't remember. One is fast and one is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yes, you can imagine that conversation with the pleasant folks at the united states postal service. A few things became immediately clear to me after that transaction took place, one of which was that the woman I was talking to on the phone should have a firearms restriction.

Any further questions on the grounding kit, let me know... but I give it 3 thumbs up!

Old 05-25-2010 | 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Picked up one of those Grounding Kits from SxExCx and let me tell you- I'm glad I did.

Any further questions on the grounding kit, let me know... but I give it 3 thumbs up!

No one supports local anymore gordgee has been doing grounding kits for our cars for years and has the best one on the market IMO. He lives in Edmonton, and is a great guy i guess he just dosent have the presents on the forum anymore .

Maybe I am too much for supporting local???

Old 05-25-2010 | 12:27 AM
Eno
Not true. I emailed him first and told him I was as good as sold. That was about a month ago- still haven't heard back. Sean stepped up when he saw I was looking local and politely said if local didn't work then he'd take it. And local didn't work. I'm all over supporting the local guy- but I'm an instant gratification guy and a month and counting doesn't quite cut it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spring Mod Thread ►Canada◄