Canada Serving Canada.

Zup with some Petrocan carrying Sunoco 94??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
That's one screw that didn't loosen; must have used loctite on it.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mississauga Folk:

Sunocco on McLaughlin and Britannia is still around. The others I know close by are gone already.

What about the one on Steeles and Mississauga?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
94= a waste of money is been proven unless you have a motor that's been designed for that type of octane, its overkill.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
True, unless the vehicle has adaptive software.
Just had my M coupe tuned, it's set to to 91 but it adapts to 94.

BTW
V-Power will be getting ethanol in September.

Despite growing concerns that the widespread production and use of corn ethanol is actually counter-productive to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, the Canadian government is moving ahead with a mandate to require ethanol blending into all gasoline supplies. By September 2010, Canadian refiners will be required to have at least 5-percent ethanol content in all pump gas. The regulation has received cabinet approval, and if it proceeds, would require nearly half a billion gallons of ethanol annually for blending.

Recent studies have indicated that the full well-to-wheel emissions of ethanol from corn may actually increase emissions rather than reducing it. Nonetheless, the Conservative party that is currently in power in Canada has most of its support in the western provinces, which just happen to produce most of the corn as well. Gord Quaiattini, president of the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association, says that Canadian producers exceed the 20-percent emissions reduction requirement needed to be considered renewable fuels, but the Canadian calculation method is different from the US formula and does not count indirect land use.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
"Nonetheless, the Conservative party that is currently in power in Canada has most of its support in the western provinces, which just happen to produce most of the corn as well."
Not TOO cynical, are we?? Hahaha! Not very damn much corn gets grown around here, and what is grown locally (down by Lethbridge and Taber) we and our livestock EAT!

Canadian Biofuel Industry: Western Canada Perspective and Opportunities

This document is part of the Capturing Feed Grain & Forage Opportunities 2007 Proceedings - "Farming for Feed, Forage and Fuel"
Key Points

* Ethanol and other bio-fuel production is a global happening and will impact on us whether we like it or not
* Canada and particularly Western Canada is ramping up to produce biofuels
* Wheat will be the main substrate for ethanol production in Western Canada and with time cellulosic ethanol will also contribute in a significant way
* The supply of cereal grain should be adequate in Western Canada to produce feed, food and fuel. The higher than high prices for grains seen presently are a result of past low commodity prices and lesser due to global ethanol production.

Last edited by Swivel; 06-16-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Great. So we take food, that's already in short supply, and blend it with something else that is in short supply. They need enough wheat / corn to supply Half a billion gallons and we are told people starve?! Wow.

Better stock up on mini wheats and popcorn.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by 93srvman
Mississauga Folk:

Sunocco on McLaughlin and Britannia is still around. The others I know close by are gone already.

What about the one on Steeles and Mississauga?
Happened to drive by yesterday for the first time in forever, the Steeles/Mississauga rd Sunocco still exists.

D

Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a sad day for us in the Peterborough area. The only remaining Sunoco gas station finally closed and was changed to Esso of all things. Not even a Petro Canada.

I can't get 94 octane anywhere in Peterborough or the surrounding are without having to drive for a hour and then what would be the point. I would use up the gas I just pruchased to get there and back.

I have used only Ultra 94 since I have owned the car and now I am stuck. I guess I am forced to use Shell or Petro's 91 octane now. Bummer!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Sunocco on McLaughlin and Britannia now gone.. shortly to become a Husky

SammJL - Have you checked the Petro Canada's around to see if they have 94? Not sure it only the converted ones will be carrying, or all will be eventually.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Yep, I called Suncor and Petro looking for answers and Suncor didn't even answer the phone. Petro says that only the Sunoco's that have been or will be converted that have the 94 octane tanks underground already, will be carrying the fuel. The original Petro stations would have to either put more tanks in (not going to happen) or substitute the 94 for the 91 in the tanks that already exist.

What's to stop them from using 91 tanks and slapping a 94 sticker on it saying its Ultra? Hmmmmmm.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sammy, is the Sunoco just past 7/35 towards Port closed too.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Not sure Wayne, but it doesn't show up on google. I forgot about that one and it's not too far from me. I will see if I can find it.

I don't think it shows up on the Sunoco site either.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
Sammy, is the Sunoco just past 7/35 towards Port closed too.
You're sharp Wayne.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
You're sharp Wayne.
haha, not, I just know about that one because I have used it many times and it is fairly close to Sammy's.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
haha, not, I just know about that one because I have used it many times and it is fairly close to Sammy's.

Good stuff!

Got my springs done today, spacers and studs done too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zup with some Petrocan carrying Sunoco 94??