Canada Serving Canada.

~~ official top gear thread ~~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~~ official top gear thread ~~

To discuss favorite moments, agree or disagree with choice of cars, and just a love of the show!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I must say sound wise, when they tested the LFA I was in complete awe!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
James May on a ride-along with Ken Block in his rally car on a desert airfield.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
My favorite episode was the one where they attempt to find the perfect first car for a 17 year old. Im sure a lot of people love it because they play it on bbc america all the time

Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved the special in Bolivia where they drove their 4x4's on the highest road in the world with them all gasping for air and the truck's barely running from lack of oxygen. I've seen every episode and this is by far one of the best shows on tv.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by KevcoG35
I loved the special in Bolivia where they drove their 4x4's on the highest road in the world with them all gasping for air and the truck's barely running from lack of oxygen. I've seen every episode and this is by far one of the best shows on tv.
Hahahaha and then James gets out with the machette cause he gets hit from behind on the cliff!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 AM
hahaha.... the joke finally got way too old for him.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Season 15 was pretty good!

Still dunno how Clarkson's caravan made it more than an hour!!!???

Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I saw my first episode last month, the one where they travelled through Bolivia. Loved it. Have since found it on TV here and am a convert.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by whatacar
I saw my first episode last month, the one where they travelled through Bolivia. Loved it. Have since found it on TV here and am a convert.
Thats a good one, slightly different because its a special, but the standard show is just as good and funny!

Welcome to the team of 385 million viewers worldwide!!!! haha

Old 08-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Driving motorbikes trough Vietnam and buying increasingly large gifts for each other.
The destruction of the Toyota pickup truck what fun to watch as well.
Most recently I enjoyed watching Cameron Diaz talk & drive. She's a hottie!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I love this thread.

Cameron and Tom were good, Tom on two wheels!!!

Watching James get the new veyron to 440km/h was pretty sick too!

Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Cameron Diaz drove the freakin' crap outta that thing! Season 15 was pretty good, I really enjoyed the Quattroporte, Panamera and Rapide showdown. I too would take a quattroporte I think. Also, saw my first Aston Martin Rapide on 22x in Calgary this week. What an unbelievable looking car, much sexier than the Panamera IMO.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
did u guys see how 60 minutes covered the show?

he Secret Behind the Hit TV Car Show "Top Gear"

(CBS) Steve Kroft is taken for a hair-raising, 130 mph joy ride by "The Stig" on Sunday's "60 Minutes." A Darth-Vader-like anonymous race car driver who doesn't speak, the Stig is just one of the peculiar features that have helped make the BBC2's car show, "Top Gear," one of the most popular television programs on the planet, with a weekly audience the BBC estimates at 350 million viewers in 170 countries.

Kroft's report on "Top Gear" will be broadcast this Sunday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

What's the mass appeal of a quirky car show that attracts a-list guest stars like Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz, and features a hodgepodge of extravagant races, travelogues, stunts and car reviews? Kroft asks co-hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, as well as the program's executive producer, Andy Wilman.

"It's a journey into the male mind which, I believe is a really potentially very funny place. Because, let's face it, nothing happens there," says Wilman.

Witty humor, running physical gags, outrageous speed, destructive vehicle stunts and car reviews are the show's hallmarks. It's now entering its fifth decade and is available in the U.S. on BBC America, where it enjoys a cult following. Kroft's story includes some of the show's best moments: driving a Bugatti 259 MPH; driving a truck through brick walls; drinking and driving on the way to the North Pole; cooking up elaborate ways to destroy Toyota pick-ups; and a road trip through Alabama in cars sporting fighting words like "NASCAR SUCKS."

The program courts controversy regularly with their often dangerous stunts and the humor that is often taken as anything but funny by some offended group.

There was the time Clarkson drove a truck for a "Top Gear" segment and upset people with a wry reference to a serial killer who happened to be a truck driver. "It's a hard job," deadpans Clarkson. "Change gear, change gear, check your mirrors. Murder a prostitute, change gear…" Says Clarkson, "It's a weekly occurrence that somebody will complain…but if you start to pay attention to everybody's concerns, you end up with something bland and boring."

Each week, Clarkson, a huge, bombastic character, joins May, a professorial type, and Hammond, an energetic and earnest foil, in a clash of personalities and inside humor that is for many the secret sauce in the show. But Clarkson clearly leads the pack in this race. "The chemistry that exists between Richard, James and I has rather taken over…We really, genuinely loathe each other," Clarkson tells Kroft.

As for "The Stig," who never speaks or reveals his identity, "A happy accident," says Wilman. "We couldn't find a racing driver capable of an intelligent comment…And then, I think Jeremy, said, 'Why does this driver need to talk at all?'" Indeed, The Stig does not speak when Kroft tries to engage him, remaining in his mute, anonymous character behind the dark visor that's become his trademark.

Stig's mystery has become such a critical part of "Top Gear" that when he revealed his identity some weeks ago as Ben Collins, he was shown the door. The former Formula Three driver outed himself so he could publish a book; the search is on for his replacement.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Can't say for certain of coarse, but I have my doubts about the ranking between Diaz and Toms lap times. Cruze drove hard, but it didn't seem like his lap was as clean as Diaz. Also, Clarkson barely acknowledged she was even there. Cruze could just be the type of guy that would contract not being overdone by a woman infront of 350,000,000 people.

If you have t seen the arctic special - watch it. Streetfire has complete episodes if you don't want to download.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ~~ official top gear thread ~~