Canada Serving Canada.

After an entire whole day of convincing.... we decided on this....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After an entire whole day of convincing.... we decided on this....

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD and the FIRST A-SPEC SOLD IN TORONTO

I reallllllllllllyy wanted the X6, in fact, my wife wanted the X5 with the M package (to make me agree) but.. i had to do some heavy convincing to get her to accept the 2 seats in the back and the tapered roofline with very little headroom in the rear...

We even agreed on a color and I was one happy puppy.. believe me... i honestly thought i was going home knowing we are getting the X6... BUT... then she asks me last minute to visit the infiniti dealership.... when we arrive.. i fell in love with the 2011 M56x which was about the same price as the X6.... the car looked like it teleported from the future and was waiting for me to tinker with it...

good news was... she loved it as well... but the finance rate killed us...was like 6.95 or something... the X6 was 6.95 but hey, atleast its an CUV, BMW.. and was a very rare vehicle... the FX50's mileage was out of our scope... well past the X6's...

So after some talking, we leave the infiniti dealership, with a 80% X6, 20% M56x in mind.... yes 2 different cars but both are awesome!!!

On the way home, we notice the Acura @ McCowan/highway 7..its where i usually get stuff done for my TL... so we pop in to see what they have to offer... (wife's idea... Acura ZDX is ) ...

when we walk in, there was a BEAUTIFUL BLACK 2010 A-SPEC.... the bodykit, the wheels, and the new styling was soooooo damn sexy... i tried to look normal so the wife wouldn't get any ideas.... she then sits down and instantly falls in love with it... the looks, the features and the price!!

thats the story folks, long but it was an entire day for me.... just a few paragraphs for you guys...

So now, I need to get rid of the G because i don't have any space to park it... going to store the TL for now and park the G and the new Aspec until the G is sold.

It wasn't an Infiniti but i like it here more than the acurazine forums....

some pics i took with my ****ty 3gs iphone camera.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 PM
and its automatic tiptronic with paddle shifters... ya.. i tried to get the Manual... i really did.. and the wife was like... "ah no..."... i even told her straight up "k, i did the same for the G and ppl laugh at me... don't make me go through this again...
"she is like "tell them the same reason as the first time..." lol.. so ya... its automatic cuz she doesn't drive manual and refuses to learn it... its also a 35th birthday gift for her as well July 15th 2010

thanks guys for listening to my rant!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
interior is nice but im not to fond of the new exterior styling at all.
but thats jmho.

congrats though

Old 06-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pick, obviously better price and rate?

I like the new TL, although the inside door handles are kinda weird, feels kinda fragile...

I think auto for the TL makes sense, although it has some grunt, it's not really a "sports" car per say.....

what does a-spec give you?

not really in the same class, but did you consider the wrx or evo? if my gf's car goes 98 maxima, i wanted to convince her to get either of those two lol

Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
@hella hey, everyone has their tastes.. thats the reason they offer all these different packages .... but thanks!!!

@netcbc ... much better price, got 4500$ back for a cash sale, 2000$ off cuz i bargained.. (ye ye.. thats right, i bargained.. lol.. i feel like such a tool... i hate bargaining!!! )

the A-spec offers a better styling.. (pics dont' do justice, couldn't find any better ones on the net since its only been out for about a week and a half), new rims, stiffer ride and other interior accents.. i don't think it makes the car any faster..i could be wrong...

the specifically asked the manager for the 2011 model specs and due date but it won't be out til late november and he promised me that there were no real changes as its still in mid generation... we'll c....

and no i didn't consider the wrx or evo hehe... wanted something with a bit more luxury for the wife and something bigger as well.... if i wanted a race car.. ya maybe i would've considered those :P

Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
awww she won one over u

Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice interior, but the front is too bulky & too much chrome. Congrats on the purchase though.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
nice pick...interior looks sick but not a fan of the exterior i think it looks nicer in white JMHO...but nonetheless sick car...hope you enjoy the ride...

Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM
thanks guys!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
^ i wonder what you're gonna do with this tl lol

Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 AM
ehehe.... well... I'm working on this new tech..... its gonna be just as shocking as the tint tech... except I can see more people using this... ESPECIALLY on other bigger cars!..Stay tuned.... everything i experiment with costs so damn much so still sourcing the parts of this new "project" ... most likely, it will be on the TL after some testing on my old TL by the end of summer!

Old 06-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
sick, come out to a meet with it some time. i wanna see it.

i just noticed that it went from your girl to your wife. When did that happen? congratts

Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Very nice ride. Congrats. Been my experiance ... When the better half is happy, life is better.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by whatacar
Very nice ride. Congrats. Been my experiance ... When the better half is happy, life is better.
Yes! Thanks...

After she drives it around for a while, i'll bring it to one of the meets... I still have my G so going to drive that as much as I can before it gets sold... Maybe i'll swing by with the G and have her bring the TL wednesday night kennedy commons...

The weather has been pretty wet lately, can't wait till it gets dry!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
+1 on the weird exterior styling they had such a nice sports sedan untill this model which is a shame cause I've always been a Honda guy, interior fit and finish surpasses Infinity along with reliability IMO. I do like the Idea of the A-Spec I had no Idea they made this however I have seen a white one with the Acura body kit and it looked nice.
Congrats on the purchase Raam Sam said it best "a happy Wife means a good life" just do yourself and the rest of the world a favour DO SOMETHING WITH THAT DAMN FRONT GRILL!!!!!

Just wondering why didn't you look at a G37 sedan AWD? they must be in the same price range and the G looks 10 times better not to mention more power, nice exhaust note, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After an entire whole day of convincing.... we decided on this....