Canada Serving Canada.

How do you know times are real tough? ----

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for the late reply Colin, I'm not on the board as much these days, but wow I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. We had to put down our 10 year old Golden "Kilti" last fall and it was really, really hard for me. So I definetly feel for you. She grew up with our kids and it was hard on them as well. She also, developed cancer in her stomach area. They couldn't tell from xrays which organ(s) it was attached to but the damage was too severe to even try and remove it, unfortunately.

We have since got two more retriever pups and are enjoying them so much, but I will always have a special place for Kilti and all of her fond memories.

Take care buddy!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
OMG Colin, I am so sorry to hear about Dayne!!! My deepest sympathies to you, as I know all too well what it's like to lose a canine part of the family. My heart is out to you buddy, feel free to call me anytime!!

Shane

Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry for your loss Colin. I've lost pets in the past and felt it as much as the loss of people. It'll get better.
Anthony

Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry for your loss Colin. Remember the good times I know you'll do your best to to console Marg and Syd.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for all the support, guys. I knew I could count on you for some love.
Been a little rough lately.....Glad to have you on my side.....

C. & Sid

Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deepest Sympathies, our vet sent this to us when our collie died several years ago - how true.

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by galkor
Deepest Sympathies, our vet sent this to us when our collie died several years ago - how true.

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.
How true, Galkor. Even tho I'm going thru hell right now, I too would choose to "live no other way".

Much appreciated,
Colin.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I am so sorry that you had to do that. People dont understand how close pets are. I had to put my cats down when they were 18 and 20 so I know how you feel.

I have two "new" babies now and am dreading the day that I have to make that decision.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Very sorry to hear that. I know its hard, Ive lost one of my little guy a few months ago.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear! .... this is one of the main reasons why I don't have any pets. My wife has 2 parrots and I get scared everyday.. its sad cuz they don't live up to our lifespan but they also live long enough for you to get very attached.... I don't think i can handle it..

May ur pooch RIP.