Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hope your right, for fullviet's sake

Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by t7n7
I love this thread.... CSI style...

If she is younger, teach her a lesson... if she is older.. make her pay

GL with the repair. It doesn't matter who drove it, the car was "parked" right? ... but i'm sure if the insurance company sends a person to check it out... he or she will have a hard time believing there was another vehicle involved.
adjuster or appraiser , insurance companies think like us.. hit&run is a very serious fraud as it changes the party at fault. between your insurance going up and not being affected.

i'm not going to tell you to choke the truth out of your sister... but if you care about your future, i would try my best to come up with a valid excuse, something that is a bit more believable then a "hit and run" . They will ask for the street info and everything.. you can't just say "i don't remember".

my insurance is basically *#$)ed for other reasons but i can tell you, the amount of $$ for my premium could easily be spent towards another car.

not trying to scare you

Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Look, regardless of how it happened, the insurance company will (most likely) cover your car.

If you run into another car, you are at fault and Insurance fixes the other car using your liability coverage, specifically your Property Damage coverage. Your car, if you're at fault, is covered by your Collision coverage. Same thing if you hit a pole. To get technical, you are liable for the damage inflicted on the pole. This all assumes that you are at fault.

And, it doesn't matter if your sister was driving. Your insurance covers the car, not the driver - unless you had specifically excluded them.

Not knowing the specifics of your coverage and policy, this is just an educated guess.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read the thread and this sucks. I had my own bad luck but with my older brother, lol. I wouldn't even care if he damaged the car but he ended up curbing one of my Volks while using my car (which they don't make anymore with a custom face paint and no one can re anodize them in the city) .

Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by interalian
Hate to say, that looks more like the driver scraped a concrete pole in a parkade rather than any vehicle impact.
thats probably what happened. i remember my sister doing the same thing to one of our cars in a condo underground parking lot in toronto. my rule of thumb - if i have a nice car that ive put a lot of hours into, i don't let anyone drive it.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Update:
It's getting appraised on Thursday. My sister got a police report before she came to Ottawa. I told her to turn around and go to the Toronto Collision Centre.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
adjuster or appraiser , insurance companies think like us.. hit&run is a very serious fraud as it changes the party at fault. between your insurance going up and not being affected.

i'm not going to tell you to choke the truth out of your sister... but if you care about your future, i would try my best to come up with a valid excuse, something that is a bit more believable then a "hit and run" . They will ask for the street info and everything.. you can't just say "i don't remember".

my insurance is basically *#$)ed for other reasons but i can tell you, the amount of $$ for my premium could easily be spent towards another car.

not trying to scare you
I hope everything works out, my sister is still sticking with her story. The police report has all the street names and etc.

In other news, I brought in my car for some maintenance and while I came back to pick up my car my girlfriend was with me and they gave her a rose and gave us free passes to a local spa.