Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti Elite Protection Plan Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Elite Protection Plan Questions

New member here...and soon to be an Infiniti owner if everything goes well...

I'm interested in buying a 07 Infiniti with 60k on it. The factory powertrain warranty will be up in 2 years and the comprehensive would be up in a couple of month. I was offered a 2-year Infiniti warranty, to extend only the comprehensive (not including powertrain) for another 2 years and it would not extend the factory powertrain warranty at all. The cost for this is $2500. I know I can probably get it for $1000 cheaper, but I'm just wondering why I cannot purchase anything more than 2 years. Infiniti Canada's website states that the IEPP is offered for up to 96 months from the in-service date, which is 8 years.

They also told me that I have to buy the warranty when I purchase the vehicle, not before the comprehensive expires next month. It just doesn't add up. It seems like the Infiniti Warranty they're talking about isn't the IEPP. I then did some research, found out that I can get the IEPP from any dealership. However, I'm not sure if I can get the IEPP through some random dealership from the US (Some of them have websites selling IEPP). It just seems odd that they don't want to show me the detail information on IEPP although I've asked for it many times.

Please help me if you know anything about IEPP.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I know a few of us ended up getting it, and if you intend on strapping any FI legs on then it voids it anyway... But I think it'd void most warranties... except this is one you pay an additional 2500 bucks for.

Most of the stuff I'm seeing guys having to deal with are items that the dealerships skirt around anyway- ie: a rear axle clicking that we interpret as warranty and they interpret as adjustment / service.

Personally, if I'd known this site existed before I got my G I'd have probably just ignored the warranty... there's so much help in here and like I said most of the things I've seen were things the stealerships won't pay for anyway.

Wish I could help you more with the details- but I can say that I'm basically just regretted spending the extra cash on that. It's been useless to me.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your advice, ITNKICN.

I was looking at the G but then ended up liking the M more. I'm just worried that it has more gadgets and gizmos which may fail over time. It seems like the comprehensive warranty doesn't cover the navigation system. So I guess it's like you said, it doesn't cover what's most likely to break, or the dealership will just come up with excuses to not honour the warranty.

I don't think I'll mod the car, at least not before the powertrain warranty expires. I agree with you that it just seems like a waste of $2000 to buy a 2-year warranty that doesn't extend the powertrain warranty. I'll negotiate on the price a bit more. I'll consider if it's a lot cheaper.

Thanks again.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
Thanks for your advice, ITNKICN.

I agree with you that it just seems like a waste of $2000 to buy a 2-year warranty that doesn't extend the powertrain warranty. I'll negotiate on the price a bit more. I'll consider if it's a lot cheaper.

Thanks again.
Ever considered putting the $ you'd pay for the warranty in a Tax Free Savings Account with a relatively safe investment ( ask your broker ) and then using it if need be to repair whatever? That should cover a wack of repairs.
Make sure you check the car our independently. Check out the thread for mechanics.
https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...s-ontario.html

Man of us like Simon Performance.
GLWP