Canada Serving Canada.

2011 G37 no rwd with auto?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^^ Haha, ad's just trying to get my goat (which she can have, just not the sheep!)

Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MontG35
So all f1 drivers are pvssies?
Some of us here as mentioned above share our cars with our better halves.
And don't have the patience to teach em how to drive a manual.(Specially not with my kids riding on the back seat!)
To each his own, i guess...
That was, indeed, intended to get Swivel's cloven-hooved ruminant, but I suppose I should have clarified - with the exception of most F1 drivers...some of them ARE pvssies (*cough* Jacques Villeneuve *cough*). But then, that would have robbed you of a prime opportunity to put me in my place...

On that note...IMHO (and that's 'humble', not 'honest'), rally drivers are the most skilled, followed closely by F1 and not-so-closely by NASCAR.

Now excuse me while I slip into something more comfortable, like my flame suit...

Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree

Originally Posted by ad infinitum
Why on earth would anyone want to pair RWD with an automatic transmission...?!!???

no offense to everyone with an auto, because i drive an 07 AWD G35x in the winter and in the summer i drive my 2010 G37s 6MT Sedan. Who would drive a sick car in an auto and why doesn't anyone have 6MT sedans in stock. LoL waited forever, but it was so worth the wait... that car is amazing, love it so much. Just ordered a GTM twin turbo kit for it, thanks SAM at GTM (winter project)

But i do know auto is more popular, so they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot with the loss in sales. although I'm not sure who orders a RWD in Canada if they don't have an awd for the winter lol

Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by boraturbo
....although I'm not sure who orders a RWD in Canada if they don't have an awd for the winter lol
me

I have zero problems with RWD in the winter.
IMO AWD is way over done in most locations by people who don't know/never learned to drive in snow.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Look on the bright side. Anyone (in Canada) owning a 03-10, RWD 6MT G35/37...your resale value may have just went up.
I still prefer my X, especially right now.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
me

IMO AWD is way over done in most locations by people who don't know/never learned to drive in snow.
+1 RWD and good winter tires, and a judicious right foot to tame the prodigious torque. That said, I do miss the x every now and then when physics are against me...

Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
But how is jack ville still a vag now that he drives in the manliest series in the world?

But really, it's not entirely surprising marketing came up with this. As wayne said, the majority of g37 buyers are opting for awd, making the rwd 6mt sedan a bit of an oddity. Who in their right mind wants one of those. It would seem they are following what Lexus has done with their IS line, offering 6mt in the lesser models but not the flagship. Mostly as it's younger more vibrant folks with a thinner wallet that are after the three pedals. Makes some sense, seeing and this is Canada and one too many things are bass ackwards.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I have wanted to drive a 37 with the paddles for awhile now in order to compare with the 6MT. Of course I would like to drive one with more power than stock. I have heard several race drivers say the paddle shifters allow you to concentrate on what is important when your behind the wheel......driving!!! Your mind isn't thinking about rev matching, heel toe and other things of the sort. I have yet to drive one so I have no personal opinion on the matter. But I have been thinking about G37s alot lately and I would look at the 7AT for sure.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
me

Me two....

Been driving RWD and snows since I bought her 8 years ago. Never an issue in the snow.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by forweareLegion
But how is jack ville still a vag now that he drives in the manliest series in the world?

But really, it's not entirely surprising marketing came up with this. As wayne said, the majority of g37 buyers are opting for awd, making the rwd 6mt sedan a bit of an oddity. Who in their right mind wants one of those. It would seem they are following what Lexus has done with their IS line, offering 6mt in the lesser models but not the flagship. Mostly as it's younger more vibrant folks with a thinner wallet that are after the three pedals. Makes some sense, seeing and this is Canada and one too many things are bass ackwards.
Seriously - you think it's money that makes us choose a manual transmission...??!?? Pfffftt...

Oh, and I'm just going to go ahead and assume that JV comment was pure sarcasm...

Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone who races in Aussie supercar has a thumbs up from me, as much as I wish I was in their place.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I dunno guys, everyone has their thing. All my previous cars were stick (2 hatches and 1 coupe), but my preference is to have an auto when it comes to a bigger, heavier, 4 door car, like my G (08 G35X sedan).
The added paddles, ability to shift up and down with the shifter, and the responsive auto tranny shifting in general(compared to other cars like Camries) makes driving this automatic pleasurable enough for me to look away from manual.

For me, stick is exclusive to coupes and hatchbacks.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only way to own a G series car is with RWD and stick - in my opinion of course. I have driven autos, and then autos with awd and they seem to take so much out of the car. Nice to see canada getting the short end of the stick again with options.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Paddle shifters > Stick any day

Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ad infinitum
Seriously - you think it's money that makes us choose a manual transmission...??!?? Pfffftt...

Oh, and I'm just going to go ahead and assume that JV comment was pure sarcasm...
I would pay a thousand or $1100 more if it costed more for a manual over an auto any day. It has nothing to do with the money. Actually the M6 Sedan with 4WAS i got and nav cost almost the same as a G37xS with navi.. Having driven both they are both great cars in there own aspects. The X rocks in the snow the 6MT is mind boggeling in the dry.

Not to mention i spent nearly $18 g's on a twin turbo kit and I'm over 30. This is My 5th infiniti and no i don't live at home lol and I purchased the 6MT because I Wanted it.. i already have an AWD.... I don't agree with the comment of being marketed to younger people with "thinner Wallets" Since when is a $52 thousand dollar car something teenagers buy? Don't be a hater LoL

Sorry just venting lol

Last edited by boraturbo; 12-13-2010 at 12:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 G37 no rwd with auto?