Canada Serving Canada.

Japan Relief Charity Show/Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Japan Relief Charity Show/Meet

Hey guys,

This was just posted up on C7 and since I know many of you want to extend the invite to you guys.

http://forums.c7performance.com/show...687#post213687

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about we stop giving everyone our support and worry about our own problems first?? My tuition bill is $16,000 per year. Our state is proposing a 50% higher education cut while Obama is focusing on a better education. So would you like to pick up the 50% loss to help OUR OWN country grow and succeed?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Listen I was just extending the invite.

If you don't see eye to eye with helping that's totally cool. To each their own...

Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by BabyGirl
Listen I was just extending the invite.

If you don't see eye to eye with helping that's totally cool. To each their own...
Yea I understand, I was just stating that I think it is a bit ridiculous. We are too busy being a superhero while we watch our country die slowly. We educate the foreign then they return to their country to make them better. We send support to different countries who are already collecting profit for goods, still, nothing in return. We send donations and aide to struggling countries, nothing in return. How about Katrina, how many helped us compared to the help we provided them? It's all bogus and quite embarrassing. I am all for helping others out, but sometimes you just don't have enough helping hands to go around.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
Yea I understand, I was just stating that I think it is a bit ridiculous. We are too busy being a superhero while we watch our country die slowly. We educate the foreign then they return to their country to make them better. We send support to different countries who are already collecting profit for goods, still, nothing in return. We send donations and aide to struggling countries, nothing in return. How about Katrina, how many helped us compared to the help we provided them? It's all bogus and quite embarrassing. I am all for helping others out, but sometimes you just don't have enough helping hands to go around.
It's good that it's a Canadian offering her helping hand and asking other Canadians in the 'Canada' forum.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Winged Wheel
It's good that it's a Canadian offering her helping hand and asking other Canadians in the 'Canada' forum.
New Post Section FTL. I was just stating that America is too screwed up and need to focus on our own problems first.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
AGThing1227 - I understand what you are saying but know that when that stuff happened in Katrina my work and I did a lot of events to raise money and I know friends who did raise money through events, so we did help however we could. Guess it's just the way we are

Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Dude.. a Canadian fellow posted a Canadian meet/charity show in a Canadian forum, and you, obviously not a Canadian judging by your location, have to come in and drop a bomb about your tuition bill and cry about how bad Obama has butt-hurt you...

Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
wow, ignorant American FTL

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
As I stated, it was in the new post section. I give to domestic charities myself so I am not looking down upon the idea of giving. I just simply do not understand how the US can act as this almighty superhero yet have many issues ourselves. Canada, I am not sure about you guys. Giving is great, as long as everything else is ok. More power to you.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
Dude.. a Canadian fellow posted a Canadian meet/charity show in a Canadian forum, and you, obviously not a Canadian judging by your location, have to come in and drop a bomb about your tuition bill and cry about how bad Obama has butt-hurt you...
It's not just Obama either.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
We all have our opinions on things and are not always going to agree, that's the way life goes.

Anyhow if anyone is interesting in coming out to this show/meet hope you can thanks and enjoy your day!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
My tuition bill is $16,000 per year.
wahhh, suck it up or move to Canada where they take care of post of your education fees.

Guys from the US always invading the Canadian forum and price matching with their US pricing pisses me off. Both here and on my350. Get out of this section, you're ignorant and misinformed.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Lyla for posting this up. Great idea!!!!

Will there be a sign up sheet or is it a just show up meet?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
wahhh, suck it up or move to Canada where they take care of post of your education fees.

Guys from the US always invading the Canadian forum and price matching with their US pricing pisses me off. Both here and on my350. Get out of this section, you're ignorant and misinformed.
Again..I was in the New Post Section, not lurking around the Canadian Section. It was my fault for not looking at where the thread was located at. There are a couple Richmond Hills here in the US. Therefore I assumed it was a US thread. Remember, this is a public forum and we are all human, you and I both make mistakes. I have been on here since 06 and have seen you post over the years, we all make mistakes...There were no price matching because a) there is no price to match with $16,000 and b) I was under the impression that this was a US forum (Due to Richmond Hills). Now if I purposely posted in the Canadian Section "price matching", then you would have a valid argument. Your post just added to beating a dead horse because I already stated I made the mistake of confusing this with the US. I had nothing bad to say about the OP, Canada or anyone else. I simply stated my concern. I am neither ignorant nor misinformed, except for the fact that I made the mistake of assuming the OP's Richmond Hill's was in fact the US Richmond Hill's. Have a good day sir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Japan Relief Charity Show/Meet