0%
You're a nice guy but our hands are tied
16.67%
It was the tuner's fault
83.33%
We will pay for cleaning up our mess. Send us the bill
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Defence department regrets to inform you...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Eh Adon...

We had a pretty broad discussion on where the car should go after it was built... a couple of race outfits near vancouver, a couple in vic were pointed out... and then Intec came on the radar and it sounded like they had the experience with the VQ that I thought would be necessary to balance out the turbo / stock AT.

Knowing what I know now, I might have been tempted to stick local but with the exception of the distance these guys have been a dream to deal with. I'd like to be able to stop in a bit more readily and learn some stuff about the engine and the tear down... and the rebuild... but they're keeping me in the loop every step of the way.

I hope to bring good news on monday- You'll have to tell me more about these local shops Adon... they might be able to help me out in the future with some of my upcoming plans and general maintenance. Come Monday we'll see if I'm going to do any of it with the first shop!

Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I haven't talked to Cam since last Friday I mentioned you might have issues and he just winced but we never got to finish the conversation as there was a bunch of distractions.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
yea i remember that thread, i think i mentioned a shop or two in there, there is Garage 5 that's done very good FI work on VQ's and Drive Hard Performance DHP which lays claim to a fully built 350z i think close to 600hp, and another built G35 with 500whp....

anyway yea once again sorry about your issues, keep us updated hope it all works out

Old 04-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the bumpy road, hopefully things smooth out soon.

I have to admit though, if I ever end up doing any more engine work, I won't be hesitating to take it to LSI. Cam sounds like a pretty standup guy.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Okay well I got my answer from Progressive in email. It was polite, and the owner wanted to talk about it instead of email. I haven't done that yet.

Garage 5 and dhp sound like good alternatives. Actually i think when i first started looking the guys from intec had also mentioned them. When this build is complete I'll see if I can swing by and have a chat- see what they're about.

Anyway- any wagers on the response? Poll added.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They will point fingers at the tuner, as would I. The work they did though may have affected your cars outcome, never directly caused catastrophic failure.