Canada Serving Canada.

is it just me, or are there a lot less booming bass cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it just me, or are there a lot less booming bass cars?

It seems to me as if there are a lot less cars with big bass coming from their subwoofer filled trunks as there used to be.

Are kids these days falling out of love with the automobile, and are more hooked on facebook, their smartphones, and other distractions? Or is it that cars have much better factory stereos than before, which also are harder to modify. I am not that old, though when I was a teenager having a car with a loud stereo was one of the things to have.

Yes to many, having a car with loud bass is classless, and annoying, and Ill admit it bugs me too. Ill roll up my windows and move forwards if some punks roll up besides me with their loud bass.

Most of my previous cars had relatively loud stereo systems, though they were well balanced. My last vehicle as well as my current one have completely stock audio however. I can safely say I have out grown having a super loud system...but I still do yearn for a well balanced, high quality audio system at times.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Thats because theres no music coming out. Nothing out right now is good enough to get blasted on a subwoofer. Unless you go back before 07.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Maybe they're all deaf & there's no point anymore.

Although, the kid next door still cranks it up.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I notice it a lot also Phil, but I think it was still the same as years ago.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 05-16-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by speeddream
Thats because theres no music coming out. Nothing out right now is good enough to get blasted on a subwoofer. Unless you go back before 07.
Your not looking very hard, clearly.

Times have changed, kids don't value the same things as we did. Then again I never had a loud stereo to begin with. Just a loud car.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There are still too many, whatever the numbers are now.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by speeddream
Totally agree with you, old school music is the way to go! I have access to new daily songs and they all suck. I have a sound system myself in the car but I turned it off not a big fan of it anymore...used to blast it on my prelude but since our car is more luxurious I stick to that sophisticated appearance.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I'm 20 as most of your know and I was talking with Roy about this today...

I don't know if I am just really awesome or other 19 or 20 year olds just really suck?

The whole big stereo thing has dropped off, instead these kids are writing off theirs cars before they can get them into the shop for a stereo. The kids are getting stupider and stupider, they drive like *** holes in their parents minivans then when they buy these juiced oh sewing machines they drive them into telephone poles. The high school I use to go to has more ignorant ***** in it then ever before. On lunches they take their cars up a 4 lane rd around the corner (70km/max) and do about 160-170 down this road, one kid almost killed himself after owning a 1.8T golf for less than a month.

Anyways, moral of the story. Kids are stupid and booming bass has been put on the backburner since killing yourself is in right now.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Blane...teenagers have been driving that way since the invention of motorized vehicles (hell, even before we put motors on our wheels).
Teenagers have always been 'stupider', lol.

I, for one, will not mind if there is a decline in 4 wheel boom boxes. They are ridiculous. I crank my music once in a while but it doesn't rattle the windows of the 10 cars in front and behind me.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
In the 6 or 7 years I've been into modified cars nobody I know has been as bad as the ones slightly younger than myself.

When I was in high school I can't recall anyone that wrote off their car due to speed or carelessness.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
In the 6 or 7 years I've been into modified cars nobody I know has been as bad as the ones slightly younger than myself.

When I was in high school I can't recall anyone that wrote off their car due to speed or carelessness.
You're fortunate. Back when I was in H.S. ('79) I recall at least 2 from my school that where killed in separate vehicle speed related accidents on side-roads and quite a few more that totalled their cars. Unfortunately, there are too many similar stories from just about every H.S. that I know of in the Counties surrounding the one where I grew up.

Anyway, if loud booming music cars are on the decline, yay!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
I love loud music(new and old rock any metal and some alternative) but I don't see the need for bass any more. But then again my car is pretty damn loud too..... kids don't care much for cars these days, its all about facebook and who has the most friends and dumb **** like that

Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by 3truman
I love loud music(new and old rock any metal and some alternative) but I don't see the need for bass any more. But then again my car is pretty damn loud too..... kids don't care much for cars these days, its all about facebook and who has the most friends and dumb **** like that
I think one big difference from being a teen in my past and teens today is the cool factor. Don't get me wrong, we were pretty cool and had cool toys too...just different and usually much less costly.
When I was a teen I was more than happy to buy the car I could (almost) afford and fix it up to the point were I was proud as a peacock cruising around town.
Many teens today simply must get the latest and greatest of whatever it is that they want...cars included. When it comes to vehicles, most of them can't afford one so they simply don't bother.
I think if they could afford a decent ride then they would be more 'into it'.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM
^ agreed

Old 05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
I'm still boomin around, although my 10s arent very loud...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: is it just me, or are there a lot less booming bass cars?