Canada Serving Canada.

Funny story about being a professional

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Funny story about being a professional

Ok, this is a true story, happened to myself. It's basically resolved but I heard not a single apology.

Anyways, happened around May I guess. We will refer to the shop at "ShopX" and the worker at ShopX as BigD.

I took my wheels and tires down to shopx for bigd to remove the old tires and remount the new. I stuck around for a bit since I know the owner of the shop that the tire mounter rents from (ShopB so to speak) After I while I get bored of hanging around there and I head home. the next day I get a text message from bigd telling me my wheels are done but he couldn't get the rears to seat (it happens stretched tires whatever) I responded with "great, I'll be down after work" I show up and start talking with a few guys in the shop before looking at my wheels. The rear wheels (not mounted) were in front of the front wheels (that are mounted) So I say cool, what do I owe you for the mount as I am putting the rears back in the truck. He says to me "well, I couldn't get the wheels to balance as my balancer can only handle a 9" wheel" In the midst of that, I pick up the rear wheel and notice a 3-4" gouge into the FORGED METAL. All of the anodizing in this spot had been ripped off. I say "uhh bigD, what the **** did you do to the rears" He explains "sorry I had trouble on them and the cheap paint flaked off" I explained what anodizing was and that I was blown away since he gave me his word that he has never scratched a wheel in his 20 years of mounting tires. I put the wheels back in the truck pretty pissed off and go talk with littleS (other shop owner, shop B) then before I leave I go to bigD and ask him "where do we sit, are we square?" he replies with "yes" I go home and nothing more is said.

Now, beginning of June I receive this private message on a local message board.

"Hi Blaine, hows it going??? Thanks for ALL the possitive feed back, its greatly appreciated.... For the record, im processing a lien against your car, G, and will have the rims and tires repo'd very shortly, you want too be a *****, ill give you a reason too be a *****..... (not that i have any use for your spray bombed $10 wheels) "

This message was in response to the follow post in a thread about tire mounting.

" ^ indeed. bigd just rents off lilsteve.

Beverly does my tires now after what happened at shopx (the company inside of lilsteves building) "

I respond to bigDs message with this.

"Ummm, bigd.

1. I haven't said anything bad about you or shopX. I said Beverly takes cares of my tires now and that's it. I never once told people not to go to you. (actually I have recommended people go to you a fair bit in the last 2 or 3 weeks alone)

2. Your lien can not be applied since you never gave me a bill for anything.... Or even spoke to you about it in at least a month and a half. I have been in the shop 3 or 4 times including once last week. Why did you not hand me a bill then?

3. You do no have the VIN to my vehicle since it has never been in your shop.

If you would like to discuss something, please call me and be professional about it.

Thanks. "

Sooo, I didn't hear a response for 2 days and decided I would bring it up to lilsteve (who is a good friend and family friend for many years)

I laid everything out to lilsteve and he says "I was not aware any of this was happening" I will talk to bigD.

About an hour later I hear from lilsteve and he says "I apologize for everything bigd has said, and he says it he actually thought you were someone else on the forum"

I told lilsteve, I know that bullshit but as long as he's in line.

And there it was left.

2 days ago, this was posted in the same thread right after the same guy (a friend of bigd) posted saying shopx is great and they mounted his wheels perfectly (although is wheels are oem and not hard to mount)

"riiiiight, sorry 4DGS' spray painted rims got scratched. "

SOOOO, basically bigD has been talking **** even though as far as I know we were square.

It's quite obvious bigD knew it was me (since he referred to my car as my "g" and has been continuing to call $3500 anodized wheels, sprayed painted.

Anyways, in your opinions what is the best way to deal with it?
Let it go like I have?
Try to hurt bigd's business practice (which will in term hurt lilsteves business in one way or another)

Thoughts?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Id be pissed

Old 07-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
dont let him get away with it that easy...

Old 07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by STCLAIRWEST
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Id be pissed
would you? would you really?......funny thing your commenting in thread about person b f#4cking person a over......

Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Break his knee caps! LOL

This guy is a joke and I can't believe you let him get away with scratching the wheels. Not only that I can't believe you still went back there for more work.

You can't really do much in terms of that anymore because he can say it was there already or whatever, but I wouldn't refer people there after all of that. I would actually tell people to stay away from there after all of his attitude towards the whole situation.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
man ill fuken b pissed off...i would confront him about all of this

Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hossmaxima
Break his knee caps! LOL

This guy is a joke and I can't believe you let him get away with scratching the wheels. Not only that I can't believe you still went back there for more work.

You can't really do much in terms of that anymore because he can say it was there already or whatever, but I wouldn't refer people there after all of that. I would actually tell people to stay away from there after all of his attitude towards the whole situation.
I haven't got back for anything more, he'll never tough a set of my wheels again. BUT lilsteve just happens to be the guy that prints all my vinyl.... So I go to shopB because I still dig their work.

Originally Posted by blaccG35
man ill fuken b pissed off...i would confront him about all of this
He cowers and hides when ever I'm in the shop. It's funny because he has to have at least 150lbs on me lol

Originally Posted by GeeRider
would you? would you really?......funny thing your commenting in thread about person b f#4cking person a over......
Like you've never ****ed anywhere over bhav....

Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Blaine, what I don't understand is why you walked out after he ruined your $875 wheel?
I know you're a nice guy but you also seem to have pretty good business sense.
You should have made him pay before you left. You still can. There is no such thing as a Statute of limitations in Canada. If he scratched it he owes you a new wheel or cash.

btw - I learned about the Statute thing from my lawyer after a guy who damage one of my cars didnt pay for the repairs. Seven years later and I was still able to collect...he was a little shocked. Don't be like me and wait seven years.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Sounds like he owes you a wheel.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol, what a fool... You let him off real easy saving $50-$80 for mounting 2 tires, no balance and some labor on the rears in trade for damaging your wheel.

The Repair and Storage Liens act entitles repair facility to, under a signed work order, withhold an article for a period of 60 days if an agreed upon or fair value for repair is in writing to the person who left the article. After 60 days, a sale is allowed to recover only the cost of the repair.

In my personal experience, (in Alberta) once the item leaves the facility without theft or forced entry, the Lien is invalid. I was owed $900 for work i did to a bike who's owner couldn't pay "until next week" (very good customer of 3 years). He then went through a divorce and decided he didn't want to pay me any more. Without a signed contract for him to return to pay, the repair an storage liens act no longer protected me because I let him leave with the bike.

You're fine if there ever was a hint of worry.

As far as BigD, continue sharing your story and it will hurt him and his business.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
JMO, since you're a nice guy ........ tell him, one more neg. post or comment and you'll tell everyone on every forum the whole story. Never talk to him again, except to say FOAH

Old 07-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Yea I know my way around a lien, been there done it lol

In all honesty I was being way to nice, I was respecting Steve and that's all their was too it. I know if I go after bigD then he'll be payin' outta pocket which means he isn't payin' rent, if he isn't pay rent he isn't pay Steve, if he isn't pay steve, steve has some empty space with a fat **** taking up room.

I'm going to to go in Monday and bitch him right out, he says one more negative thing to anyone and I find out I'll make his business hell.

Everyone in town already knows stay away unless you're mountin' steals.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You seem to have a good hold on the situation. I hate taking my stuff to other people. I used to do my own wheels/tires but when that shop went **** up... Just another reason why i dont like having nice wheels i spose. Hope you get it sorted out as best as you can though.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
you got this blain im sure ull find the right approach to deal with the situation

Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Repair the wheels and hand bigd the bill.

Before that consult with lilsteve of your actions since he is your friend and he deserves the common courtesy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Funny story about being a professional