Canada Serving Canada.

Any Infiniti owners in my area? (Calgary AB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Infiniti owners in my area? (Calgary AB)

Just wondering if any of you own Infiniti in my area? I see ALOT of them sedan and coupes and they sound alot better then mine but mine is just sedan stock for now... But I was wondering If any of you are interested in helping me out with mods? I also have Demon eyes that I bought few weeks ago that I wanted to install but didn't get a chance because it looks like a 12 hr job pretty much. I have a 2005 g35x sedan btw.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Check the Registry, there are a few of us around. Post up some pics too!!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Wasnt there an exact post like this somewhere else? Same guy? i find it hard to believe two people that just got G35s would think angle eyes are still in style maybe civic drivers are stepping up

Do yourself a favor and throw the Angles eyes out and dont put any LEDs in your lights either if you want a BMW or Audi go buy one. Or change your SN to ricer....

Old 09-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
Wasnt there an exact post like this somewhere else? Same guy? i find it hard to believe two people that just got G35s would think angle eyes are still in style maybe civic drivers are stepping up

Do yourself a favor and throw the Angles eyes out and dont put any LEDs in your lights either if you want a BMW or Audi go buy one. Or change your SN to ricer....
Not wanting to put LED's like Audi but just where the corners are so its not that dull orange. And plus BMW'S aren't as fast as Infiniti unless it is a 7 series or M series But Angel eyes make my Infiniti stand out lol but I have only seen "1" and I mean only 1 Infiniti with demon eyes.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 AM
I am in a bad mood again tonight Anyway i see you are the same guy that asked the exact same question in another thread about our alberta meet so clearly you know other owners are in your area so now the question in the title confuses me .

Here are a few forum tips since I see you post the same thing over and over in random threads. If you want to buy something, go to the market place new or used. If you can't find it make a WTB (want to buy) thread. If you still cant find it, it dosent exist. No where local(Alberta) stocks anything aftermarket for our cars. The vendors online here will have everything you need and more they are trusted sellers and you can get what ever you need right to your door. It is alot simpler than hunting for it locally. I am a huge supporter of local shops but some cases it is not possible or they are not even interested in finding small things for us. Engine parts and big items i will try to order through my local shop in RedDeer(Lightspeed Innovations) he has worked on alot of G/Zs and is familiar with them so exhaust/engine/tuning he is the go to guy. Lighting, body mods used parts the classifieds are hard to beat.

Almost everything has a section if you have questions about Wheels and tires there is a section for that, questions about body mods section for that, questions about electronics...you guessed it section for that as well. If you want answers posting in the appropriate section is key. In the Canada section we are laid back and go off topic regularly so it is generally not a huge issue compared to other sections of the forum. But you get better info from guys that are into that area specifically, the guys that know wheels and tires go to that section often so they are more help that posting in a general section hoping one of those guys stumble across your post or worse getting incorrect info from someone that "thinks he knows". There may or may not be a lighting section but it will be covered some where those guys could tell you more about angel eyes and the install as well as switching your bulbs to LEDs. There is a thread in the vendor section of guys that sell everything you need to convert your interior and side markers to LEDs i would start there. The angle eyes i personally HATE them and would bet you never install them because it is a huge pain in the ****. First you have to take the head lights off the car which requires removing the front bumper then unbolting and unhooking the wiring for the lights. then take the lights and put them in the oven in order to take them apart...from there i dont know but it would involve wiring the halos in to the lights and mounting them. Reverse it from there to reinstall hopefully you sealed them correctly or they will leak and form condensation then you can do it all over again to reseal them . So yea it is a huge PITA to do for a couple goofy rings around your lights that belong on a BMW.

I see you are 16 at that age i was modding cars as well and was clueless i look back and cringe at things i did. So here is what i would tell a 16 year old me if he had a G35. Some stuff I am unsure about or maybe out of touch with what is the best I have been twin turbo for along time so I dont follow naturally aspirated mods at all but I will do my best.

Simple performance mods.
Start with a cold air intake(likely find one in the classifieds, or some guys buy a Z tube(from a 350Z) with your stock air box and a drop in K&N filter. Talk to swivel hips ^^ i think he went that route personally i am not familiar with what parts they use from a 350Z. This should be $300 or much less if used or you go the Z tube route. A "POP charger" from Jim Wolf technology is another good one I think it is a cross between a cold air intake and a Z tube.

Then you could go with a cat back exhaust i think the boys said one was on kijiji Calgary for a G sedan recently I also think a Y pipe from a coupe or Z is an improvement over yours again check with the sedan guys to see what they use. This is a little more pricy dont be afraid to buy used.

An intake plenum spacer is also a good mod for power, Motordyne and skunk II are popular ones i think they might be $150. if you take the plastic cover off the top of your engine you will see an aluminum intake it can be unbloted and split in half the spacer goes in between the two halves and increases the intake volume and gives some cheap horse power.

After all of that you can get an uprev ECU reflash to tune it but I think you are looking at about $700 at Lightspeed in RedDeer he is the only uprev licensed tuner in western canada.

Lowering springs are also a one of the best mods around. A drop improves the look of the car greatly. If your budget allows it coilovers are great but they are not usually cheap. So lowering springs will give a nice drop. i am not sure it the springs have to be X specific or if they are all the same you will have to look into that Again there should be a section for Xs and those guys should know what works on your car.

Wheels affordable replacments from G coupes are or Zs are popular again look at swivel hips he has coupe 19" wheels on his. Go to the spot by the user name that says "2003 Infiniti G35" yours says "garage is empty now" and click on it to see the guys car. At the top of this section it has a spot to post your Canadian G lots of really nice sedans in there. Swivel, 4DGS and forewarelegion all come to mind off the top of my head for 1st gen sedans. Please dont get chrome wheels!!

For appearance mods that is up to you a million different combos are available. The vendor threads will have lots of pictures of different bumpers and side skirts available.

These are all things i would tell myself if i were 16 and had a G so it is up to you if you go with those suggestions or not.

The Alberta guys are usually great at helping each other out. CAI or spacer i would help if I had time. I am so sick of wrenching on cars I barely even touch my own car unless i cant help it, headlight mods are a hassle so most guys wont want to help you with those at all the Calgary guys do have mod parties once in awhile so those are a good spot to get help there are even Do it yourself threads on here that explain how to do the mods. They can be helpful and if you get in trouble from there guys are usually willing to come help out if you are in a bind.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 09-08-2011 at 03:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Swivel (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Bauss, you will NOT find better advice than that ^^^

Old 09-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Also Bauss, not to discourage or bring you down but I have one more thing to add regarding your comment about being faster than BMWs. The 135i and 335i are quicker/faster than a G as well but it doesn't matter. Just don't kid your self and try proving otherwise (especially on the streets).

Old 09-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too bad i could have sold you my angel eyes...

Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
I am in a bad mood again tonight Anyway i see you are the same guy that asked the exact same question in another thread about our alberta meet so clearly you know other owners are in your area so now the question in the title confuses me .

Here are a few forum tips since I see you post the same thing over and over in random threads. If you want to buy something, go to the market place new or used. If you can't find it make a WTB (want to buy) thread. If you still cant find it, it dosent exist. No where local(Alberta) stocks anything aftermarket for our cars. The vendors online here will have everything you need and more they are trusted sellers and you can get what ever you need right to your door. It is alot simpler than hunting for it locally. I am a huge supporter of local shops but some cases it is not possible or they are not even interested in finding small things for us. Engine parts and big items i will try to order through my local shop in RedDeer(Lightspeed Innovations) he has worked on alot of G/Zs and is familiar with them so exhaust/engine/tuning he is the go to guy. Lighting, body mods used parts the classifieds are hard to beat.

Almost everything has a section if you have questions about Wheels and tires there is a section for that, questions about body mods section for that, questions about electronics...you guessed it section for that as well. If you want answers posting in the appropriate section is key. In the Canada section we are laid back and go off topic regularly so it is generally not a huge issue compared to other sections of the forum. But you get better info from guys that are into that area specifically, the guys that know wheels and tires go to that section often so they are more help that posting in a general section hoping one of those guys stumble across your post or worse getting incorrect info from someone that "thinks he knows". There may or may not be a lighting section but it will be covered some where those guys could tell you more about angel eyes and the install as well as switching your bulbs to LEDs. There is a thread in the vendor section of guys that sell everything you need to convert your interior and side markers to LEDs i would start there. The angle eyes i personally HATE them and would bet you never install them because it is a huge pain in the ****. First you have to take the head lights off the car which requires removing the front bumper then unbolting and unhooking the wiring for the lights. then take the lights and put them in the oven in order to take them apart...from there i dont know but it would involve wiring the halos in to the lights and mounting them. Reverse it from there to reinstall hopefully you sealed them correctly or they will leak and form condensation then you can do it all over again to reseal them . So yea it is a huge PITA to do for a couple goofy rings around your lights that belong on a BMW.

I see you are 16 at that age i was modding cars as well and was clueless i look back and cringe at things i did. So here is what i would tell a 16 year old me if he had a G35. Some stuff I am unsure about or maybe out of touch with what is the best I have been twin turbo for along time so I dont follow naturally aspirated mods at all but I will do my best.

Simple performance mods.
Start with a cold air intake(likely find one in the classifieds, or some guys buy a Z tube(from a 350Z) with your stock air box and a drop in K&N filter. Talk to swivel hips ^^ i think he went that route personally i am not familiar with what parts they use from a 350Z. This should be $300 or much less if used or you go the Z tube route. A "POP charger" from Jim Wolf technology is another good one I think it is a cross between a cold air intake and a Z tube.

Then you could go with a cat back exhaust i think the boys said one was on kijiji Calgary for a G sedan recently I also think a Y pipe from a coupe or Z is an improvement over yours again check with the sedan guys to see what they use. This is a little more pricy dont be afraid to buy used.

An intake plenum spacer is also a good mod for power, Motordyne and skunk II are popular ones i think they might be $150. if you take the plastic cover off the top of your engine you will see an aluminum intake it can be unbloted and split in half the spacer goes in between the two halves and increases the intake volume and gives some cheap horse power.

After all of that you can get an uprev ECU reflash to tune it but I think you are looking at about $700 at Lightspeed in RedDeer he is the only uprev licensed tuner in western canada.

Lowering springs are also a one of the best mods around. A drop improves the look of the car greatly. If your budget allows it coilovers are great but they are not usually cheap. So lowering springs will give a nice drop. i am not sure it the springs have to be X specific or if they are all the same you will have to look into that Again there should be a section for Xs and those guys should know what works on your car.

Wheels affordable replacments from G coupes are or Zs are popular again look at swivel hips he has coupe 19" wheels on his. Go to the spot by the user name that says "2003 Infiniti G35" yours says "garage is empty now" and click on it to see the guys car. At the top of this section it has a spot to post your Canadian G lots of really nice sedans in there. Swivel, 4DGS and forewarelegion all come to mind off the top of my head for 1st gen sedans. Please dont get chrome wheels!!

For appearance mods that is up to you a million different combos are available. The vendor threads will have lots of pictures of different bumpers and side skirts available.

These are all things i would tell myself if i were 16 and had a G so it is up to you if you go with those suggestions or not.

The Alberta guys are usually great at helping each other out. CAI or spacer i would help if I had time. I am so sick of wrenching on cars I barely even touch my own car unless i cant help it, headlight mods are a hassle so most guys wont want to help you with those at all the Calgary guys do have mod parties once in awhile so those are a good spot to get help there are even Do it yourself threads on here that explain how to do the mods. They can be helpful and if you get in trouble from there guys are usually willing to come help out if you are in a bind.

Good luck.
I appreciate your insight on things!! Yeah i did post that in a few threads but I didn't know until I saw that group witht he Calgary Mini meet but I have a sedan is it still possible to TT it?

Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Modifying bauss
I have a sedan is it still possible to TT it?

Yes it is search "ttrank" he has a TT sedan, however I am not sure if the X is different than regular sedans when it comes to TT or supercharger kits.

I did a quick search and found his thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ddy-twins.html

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 09-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Yes- some of the best feedback I've ever had on this car was from sylvan- who will be more local soon by the sounds of it. I'm from Calgary but living in Vancouver right now. 16 with a g eh? Nice! I'm going to highly recommend the marketplace here because as I learned the hard way good deals are to be found that will save you massive dollars that could be better spent on more important things (like girls).

I'm not a big help with car things but I have learned a lot from these guys as you will too. Swivel is the local nice guy, sylvan is a living dichotomy of grumpy and a saint, forewarelegion earned my title of funniest person in the world (but I don't remember how anymore), and me... Well, I'm "not a car guy" but somehow managed to dump about 30k in a TT project recently and learned some valuable hard knock lessons aLong the way. Basically lived the FI lesson that things don't always work out the way you want.

I agree with the guys here about the angel eyes (unless yours have a red tint to them which would be incredibly... Ummm... Not good) and chasing the tail of another make isn't awesome. LED upgrades on running lights, marker lights, map lights etc... Yeah- I get that. Especially the license plate ones... Looks sharp.

Major + on the uprev route. I'm looking forward to posting some big numbers with uprev next week- but near stock cars make tangible 10-20hp/tq increases with the tunes- while air mods only don't seem to net any real efficient gains. Engine management is a huge part of these cars and uprev is a great route. Pretty much need the cipher cable too... Which is another 180-200... Which will give you the flexibility to do some pretty standard monitoring / ecu resetting etc that a device like a Cobb offers.

There are lots of areas for improvement on the g- (especially the sedan, but sadly a two door conversion is not yet available ) but the first ones most guys go with is intake... Spacer as sylvan mentioned- but if you increase the in you have to increase the out. So like he said high flow cats and exhaust are great follow ups... Best with a tune. Didn't notice if you were AT or not but if so the transgo upgrade is unbelievable. Doesn't increase hp or anything but dayum did it ever improve the shifting.

Anyway welcome to the forums and hope I can help you out sometime.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Having been 16 once I didnt like taking other people advice, but if you were to listen to any it would be what your reading here. Listen to these boys, they wont steer you wrong.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by forweareLegion
Having been 16 once I didnt like taking other people advice, but if you were to listen to any it would be what your reading here. Listen to these boys, they wont steer you wrong.
Oh no doubt about that especially since I don't know much about doing any mods so I actually take in allll the info given because these guys know alot about this stuff. I also have a question for the corners on my car I believe the bulbs are 194?? But Aren't they the same bulbs for the license plate lights? Are they both usable within each other?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should put a single turbo on it...

i might just have one for you to bolt on and go!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And I have another motor for you when your current grenades, and some brake so you dont run into a wall.

Are we bad people?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Infiniti owners in my area? (Calgary AB)