Canada Serving Canada.

The Weather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005 | 09:19 PM
|
Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Gord, there doesn't seem to be the same growth in the number of Infiniti cars around here, especially the coupe. I don't know exact numbers but I would say there are about a half dozen coupes here in Halifax/Dartmouth- maybe 25 sedans. That's fine by me. I have the same observation here in this area on age. I'm in the low end of that scale myself. This web site makes me think most of the US guys are 20-25 years old.
After Jim, my collegue, bought his G35x, two other physicians, orthopods I think, got almost exactly the same car and park on the same floor as he does! Boy, was he ticked!

GSM, computers can be a real pain sometimes! My Gateway died when the capacitors on the motherboard went. I would have had to replace the MB to get up and running again, which would have required new memory. Figured I'd replace the processor while I was at it, and the MB needed some special spacers to fit in the Gateway case..... Bottom line, I got to use the old hard drives in the new computer I had to build and that was about it!

I ended up rebuilding the old Gateway as well, bought a new 250GB harddrive on Boxing Day for the new computer, etc. etc. I was going to re-format both computers during the holidays, but I only got to the new one. Fortunately, the Gateway was up and running, as is my laptop (been acting up since I installed SP2)........ ......... ........

Old 01-09-2005 | 03:15 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
What a pain being offline.......I'm thinking of picking up something just to use in the event my main pc crashes again.
LOL- being 'OOS' is a terrible fate, especially in the dead of winter.
C.

Old 01-09-2005 | 04:12 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
wondering wher you were

Originally Posted by gsedanman
Weather's the pits here too Gord. Blustery, snowy, very windy, (not as cold as the West tho) and here I am: P/C down for 2 days.......UGGGGGG

Come on Spring..
It's headed here too. You Ontario guys always seem to send the bad stuff a day or two later.
We're all praying for a mild winter and an early spring- that's for sure.

Old 01-12-2005 | 09:37 AM
lol, wouldn't be a canadian forum without weather talk :P

Old 01-12-2005 | 09:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
It's headed here too. You Ontario guys always seem to send the bad stuff a day or two later.
We're all praying for a mild winter and an early spring- that's for sure.
Hahaha, I'm just passing on what Gord sends my way......sometimes it's pleasant, but other times......^&^%$%^&^%

Gord, we've had enough rain now. Hasn't stopped for 2 days....

Old 01-13-2005 | 08:51 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
enough crappy weather

Originally Posted by gsedanman
Hahaha, I'm just passing on what Gord sends my way......sometimes it's pleasant, but other times......^&^%$%^&^%

Gord, we've had enough rain now. Hasn't stopped for 2 days....

Remember it's not who laughs loudest but laughs last is the winner!!

Actually what we got last night was over rated. A bit of snow, freezing rain, but temps are rising to 5 today and 11 tomorrow with that rain you're talking about,so I'm sure much of this mess will go.

Old 01-13-2005 | 09:10 AM
Wow! +13C last night with strong winds, lightning and rain. All of our snow is gone. I feel like getting out the wash bucket, putting on the shorts and washing the G. It is going back to the minuses tonight with snow squalls.
This weather is so screwed up! What is happening to our Canadian winters that we enjoyed when I was a young pup?
Wayne

Old 01-13-2005 | 10:53 AM
How low does the Ambient temp read?
It was around -34C here this morning (wind chill felt like -45C) but my in car reading only went down to -30C. Is that as far as it goes?

Old 01-13-2005 | 02:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by radjack79
How low does the Ambient temp read?
It was around -34C here this morning (wind chill felt like -45C) but my in car reading only went down to -30C. Is that as far as it goes?
radjack79
That's cold bro, you've got my sympathies..... Too cold for me....
I've not heard how low our car thermos go. It will be around -30. When I get some free time, I'll get the ESM out and see what it has to say on the range.

Last night was about +12 here, but today is +15!
I'll take all of this we can get in the middle of Jan. All our snow has gone again. YEH

RBull, I've not been laughing too loudly lately, but smiling somewhat at least
C.

Old 01-13-2005 | 09:28 PM
|
Administrator
My God! It's ccccold out there! This morning, with the very slight breeze, it was -49 C with windchill factored in! I wished today our Gs came with heated steering wheels. Even a 1/2 block walk was an ordeal. It's supposed to go up to -20 or so on the W/E.

Old 01-13-2005 | 10:18 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Wow that's cold

Originally Posted by gordgee
My God! It's ccccold out there! This morning, with the very slight breeze, it was -49 C with windchill factored in! I wished today our Gs came with heated steering wheels. Even a 1/2 block walk was an ordeal. It's supposed to go up to -20 or so on the W/E.

Having lived in Winnipeg for 9 years I can appreciate that Gord.

I run about 90k per week here in Dartmouth so I'm out a lot and I'm glad our coldest is at least 10 degrees higher- and much warmer overall.

Hey, Colin smiling is good. I think you're practicing for the first drive in the M.

Cheers
Deane

Old 01-14-2005 | 03:40 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Having lived in Winnipeg for 9 years I can appreciate that Gord.

I run about 90k per week here in Dartmouth so I'm out a lot and I'm glad our coldest is at least 10 degrees higher- and much warmer overall.

Hey, Colin smiling is good. I think you're practicing for the first drive in the M.

Cheers
Deane

Deane,
Intgr8r has seen the new M in GTA......it's getting close.... -- I'm having palpitations just thinking about it........Gord I need an Rx. or maybe a shot of rum. (breathing hard)
Gord-- That's 'Brass Monkey' weather my man. Stay inside

Old 01-17-2005 | 10:12 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
It's back. Blizzard number 2. The city is shut down today. Not a whole lot of snow- 25cm to date but the damn 80-90km winds are affecting visibility and causing some decent drifts.
Are you Easterners sending us this crap again!!

Old 01-17-2005 | 10:16 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
It's back. Blizzard number 2. The city is shut down today. Not a whole lot of snow- 25cm to date but the damn 80-90km winds are affecting visibility and causing some decent drifts.
Are you Easterners sending us this crap again!!
Uggggg. Not nice after your recent blast. The worst part of any storm is the dam winds

Here in Southern Ontario, we've gotten off lightly of late, -- I think Gord sent that one to me and missed and hit you.

Take care Deane and stay home where it's safe if you can.

C.

Old 01-17-2005 | 10:37 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
No worries GSM. I'm safe and sound in my home office.
I'm hoping we can get all of this nasty stuff over with soon and have an early spring.
I can't wait to get the G out on the road again. I know it's going to feel real good because even my jeep is now starting to seem pretty normal and almost sporty!

Off topic-
BTW besides grounding, ztube and K&N what other mods do you think are worthwhile and cost effective on the G?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Weather