Canada Serving Canada.

Hit and Run, Toronto , where to take for rear bumper, pls help! Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Addytdot
Definitely dont go through auto insurance. youll be screwed.

Thats a veryyyyyy easy fix. happened to my bumper a few years back with a huge hole in it too. right now it looks brand new. They pop it out with a heat gun and paint it. prob shudnt cost more than $400 - $500 max. I took mine to CFD auto collision at islington and steeles. might be far for you , but there shud be a ton of other good places.
agreed, the shops the moment they know u have coverage, they wanna change it right away the full bumper. I will wait for my investigation the constable i saw today said he believe my story(lol it was true anyways) and unless the other party admits, so my choices are after talking to insurance is: 1- if its no fault they ll cover me up to 500 bucks, in this case im gonna go with the fix(replacement too much money from my pocket) the car is 9 yrs old, i mean after fix it will still ook okay 2-if they admit, full bumper replacement(normally i owuld have gone with the first choice.if they admit and we could have get this thing done without going through insurance.) 3-they say i am partially at fault , then insurance says my 1k deductible plays, i will tell them i will fix on my own since im gonna pay and send them the pics as soon as the bumper is fixed(not replaced)

Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
i see alot of g35's with that part of the bumper hit and dented in. more than i wish i saw..

Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
quick update, i talked to cops, they are still gonna interview the lady. i spoke to insurance , they put this as no fault accident, i had 500 deductible which they waived. i left the car and carstar at dovercourt. gave me a loaner choice of camry, altima and ford fusion, went with Altima (lol nissan is in my blood) the insurance agent said even the other side admits the hit and run they are not able to get the money from other party, reason was insurance companies dont chase or sue each other(i dunno) they did say this would not change my premiums, i wont believe it until i get charged next month gonna wait for car star to fix it, definitely a replacement coming. will put pics once its done, probably thursday or friday.