Canada Serving Canada.

Service at Agincourt Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service at Agincourt Infiniti

I have a bit of a quirk with my 1st experience at the dealership (aside from warranty services). Usually, all my maintenance are done by a small local shop whom I trust. However, when my car reaches its next major maintenance schedule at 96K, I considered getting it done at the dealership (since it is the last chance to identify any warranty problems). Therefore, I thought of establishing a relationship by starting things off with a simple oil change...

I brought my own Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 (they actually carried this brand themselves but I didn't know). The G35 takes 4.7 liters with the filter change. I brought in 4.4 L and 1 L jugs. When completed, they didn't return the remaining oil. There should be about 2/3 left from the 1 L container. They cost $8/L. I asked for it and the service person returns the 4.4L jug with barely any oil in it (perhaps 50ml). They basically used up the entire 5.4L. Also, you would think logically, one would use the 4.4L first and then use the 1L to top up, not the other way around.

Secondly, they informed my car is leaking oil and they must replace the drain plug. I thought oil leaks would be covered by warranty. However, it was $5 so I didn't care.

Lastly, they called me at work to notify one of the marker lights is burnt out. They quoted $23 ($2.50 for the bulb) to change it. I questioned this work as most light bulb changes are very simple DIY. The service rep explains this is not a DIY as it is behind the fender. I had my doubts but told him to proceed. Sure enough, when I went home and look at the manual, it's the simplest procedure. You don't even need to unscrew anything. I went to my car and popped out the marker lights with my hand. It is a 2 minute job. I'm surprise the service rep would lie and risk their reputation over $20 lousy dollars.

In the end, my cost basically doubled. That is the end of my experiment at the dealer and will be returning to my regular mechanic.

Anyone else have good/ bad experiences at dealerships. I read another thread that Agincourt charged $25 to replace license bolts. The general consensus seems negative with most dealers. I only noticed good comments on Yorkville Infiniti.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no problems here

Here in Halifax I've not had any issues to date however only have 7k on my car. It's been in for one oil change at the dealer and three other warranty adjustments and fixes which of course weren't charged. The oil change was $44 plus tax however. The only other slight pick is one time when I picked my car back up the radio station was changed along with the bass cranked up full and the treble reduced,station changed etc. However their detailer did an incredible job on my car. Every time I got it back it was absolutley spotless in and out(and I'm fussy) tires,wheels done etc

Last edited by RBull; 02-05-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:36 PM
If your dealer clean your car in and out, that $44 oil change is well spent. My car didn't even get hosed down, let alone an actual wash. The fiddling around of your radio settings would bother me too. I don't even like it when the wife touches it.

Actually, both the wife and I thought there were cigarette ashes on the seats. However, we couldn't smell anything and figured it must be something else. Also, I'm sure there must be a no smoking policy at dealers. Can anyone confirm? I would be really pissed if they in fact smoked in my car.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meridian,

I don't like going to dealers myself. I have a local shop do my oil changes while I wait and have receipts to prove mileage and materials used. If and only when neccessary, I will go to Yorkville for any warranty work required.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Meridian
I have a bit of a quirk with my 1st experience at the dealership (aside from warranty services). Usually, all my maintenance are done by a small local shop whom I trust. However, when my car reaches its next major maintenance schedule at 96K, I considered getting it done at the dealership (since it is the last chance to identify any warranty problems). Therefore, I thought of establishing a relationship by starting things off with a simple oil change...

I brought my own Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 (they actually carried this brand themselves but I didn't know). The G35 takes 4.7 liters with the filter change. I brought in 4.4 L and 1 L jugs. When completed, they didn't return the remaining oil. There should be about 2/3 left from the 1 L container. They cost $8/L. I asked for it and the service person returns the 4.4L jug with barely any oil in it (perhaps 50ml). They basically used up the entire 5.4L. Also, you would think logically, one would use the 4.4L first and then use the 1L to top up, not the other way around.

Secondly, they informed my car is leaking oil and they must replace the drain plug. I thought oil leaks would be covered by warranty. However, it was $5 so I didn't care.

Lastly, they called me at work to notify one of the marker lights is burnt out. They quoted $23 ($2.50 for the bulb) to change it. I questioned this work as most light bulb changes are very simple DIY. The service rep explains this is not a DIY as it is behind the fender. I had my doubts but told him to proceed. Sure enough, when I went home and look at the manual, it's the simplest procedure. You don't even need to unscrew anything. I went to my car and popped out the marker lights with my hand. It is a 2 minute job. I'm surprise the service rep would lie and risk their reputation over $20 lousy dollars.

In the end, my cost basically doubled. That is the end of my experiment at the dealer and will be returning to my regular mechanic.

Anyone else have good/ bad experiences at dealerships. I read another thread that Agincourt charged $25 to replace license bolts. The general consensus seems negative with most dealers. I only noticed good comments on Yorkville Infiniti.
Like you I've heard good things about Yorkville Infiniti, altho I've not got any service done by them, I feel I could trust them to work on my ride. I have dealt with Jerry Liu for parts and advice. He also attends our meets when he can.

I've also heard good things about Alta Infiniti (Woodbridge I think).

I go to Brantford Nissan whom I know and trust with my rides, but the drawback is that a Nissan dealer cannot do warranty work on our G's. Apparantly the dealer must be a combination Nissan/Infiniti or solely Infiniti to do your warranty work.

If and when I need warranty work, I'll go to Yorkville, Alta, or Guelph Infiniti.
There's also a new one in Oakville that I've heard nothing about.
------------
Concerning the oil.......As you said, the G takes 4.7l of oil including filter, -- is it possible that with the drain plug leak they may have lost a little changing the plug. Check your level to see that it's not over or under filled.

.. And the clearance light replacement.....the side marker light (orange corner) is easy to access and do a bulb change, but there are other marker lights beside the headlights that are much harder to access. Are you sure of which marker light they changed?

These are just thoughts of possible answers for you. It may have gone down just as you thought it did, but is it possible it went down another way?

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 02-05-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:30 AM
gsedanman,
Thanks on the suggestions of the dealerships. It is important finding a good shop whom you can trust. I wish my experience from Agincourt was better. They are a 10 minute walk from my house.

I also thought perhaps they lost some oil b/c of the drain plug. However, 0.7 L is a lot to loose. It can't be dripping that much. My car is parked in the garage and there are no oil marks on the floor. Since their shop also uses Mobil 1, I wonder if they accidently put it back on their shelves. My brother also brings Mobil 1 to his Mazda dealer. They returned the unused portion both times.

The oil dip stick does show it at completely full on my G35. BTW, I hate that stick. By the time you pull it out through all those bends, you don't know if the reading is accurate anymore.

With regards to the marker light, it was the driver side marker they replaced (by the tires). I know it b/c my car was covered with the white snow dust but that marker was cleaned. It baffles me why they cleaned the marker cover. Perhaps to show they replaced the bulb. I don't know any small local shops that would actually charge for this work (except for the cost of the part).

Old 02-06-2005, 09:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
gsedanman,
Thanks on the suggestions of the dealerships. It is important finding a good shop whom you can trust. I wish my experience from Agincourt was better. They are a 10 minute walk from my house.

I also thought perhaps they lost some oil b/c of the drain plug. However, 0.7 L is a lot to loose. It can't be dripping that much. My car is parked in the garage and there are no oil marks on the floor. Since their shop also uses Mobil 1, I wonder if they accidently put it back on their shelves. My brother also brings Mobil 1 to his Mazda dealer. They returned the unused portion both times.

The oil dip stick does show it at completely full on my G35. BTW, I hate that stick. By the time you pull it out through all those bends, you don't know if the reading is accurate anymore.

With regards to the marker light, it was the driver side marker they replaced (by the tires). I know it b/c my car was covered with the white snow dust but that marker was cleaned. It baffles me why they cleaned the marker cover. Perhaps to show they replaced the bulb. I don't know any small local shops that would actually charge for this work (except for the cost of the part).
Kind of sounds like they didn't do you any favours doesn't it..... Too bad...That's a bit chinsy of them.
If they did the oil change then changed the plug, they may have lost a little. It's a backwards way of doing it but if they didn't notice the plug leaking initially and changed the oil first, it could explain the other part liter.

Those corner lights can be changed in about 1 minute. Iwonder if they charged you for changing the other clearnance lights by mistake.

The dipstick was named after the dipstick that designed that freakin' thing. LOL. Checking when it's cold is almost impossible, tho do-able. Best to check when hot, that way the stick and tube are warmed and will allow the stick to come out easier. Trouble with that is all the oil is still up in the tube and messes the stick every time you draw it out. AAAAAAAAAAAR

With a little fiddling and a lot of swearing, you can get a 'handle on it' but it takes some practice.

I suggest you go back to Agincourt and talk to the service manager. He should be at least approachable and be concerned with your service questions. If there is a mistake and you were overcharged and your $6 liter of oil was mistakenly put back on their shelf, give them a chance to rectify it.
You may find them very receptive.......They should be. You're an Infiniti customer.

G/L

Colin

Old 02-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I did display my discontent over the oil. Service rep simply apologized but didn't seem to care. Anyways, the missing oil is not that big of a deal. To me, it just shows their lack of attention to detail and customer service.

I was more upset that their service rep lied over the phone indicating the marker light was not a DIY and you have to go behind the fenders. He did quote me $23. Charging this amount for a one minute job is one thing... but lying about the DIY is just shady. You don't expect that from a dealership. I did consider complaining to the service manager. However, getting all worked up over $20 is just not worth it; especially if the service manager starts giving me BS (I suspect they will be very defensive over the accusation that their rep lied). Instead, I vent here. Surprisingly, it is therapeutic

That oil dipstick... never seen anything like it. I was running late for an appointment but thought of quickly checking the oil. What a mistake that was!

Old 02-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Meridian, I think you expect way too much courtesy from dealers.(any auto dealers for that matter).

If you seriously thought they were lying, I would complain to the General Manager of the dealer, not the service department. Today they lie about a small thing, tomorrow they lie about something more important about your safety.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Wink Which dealership?

I'm only 5 minutes from Agincourt Nissan/Infiniti but wouldn't touch that dealership with a ten foot pole. The only dealership I trust my ride to is Yorkville Infiniti. Jerry leads a great team of technicians and mechanics and provides nothing short of service excellence and expert advice. Although, the dealership is out of the way for me, it's worth every km I have to drive.

I admit I'm pretty **** when it comes to my G so when it come's to keeping me satisfied and on the road, Yorkville get's two thumbs up.

The only thing I don't let them do is wash my car (even if they offer it for free).

Old 02-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Folks,

I have had a fair bit of service done at Agincourt without any issues that I recall.

They have always been courteous and have never tried to screw me over on anything so far

I would hope this trend continues since they are the closest dealer to my house and work !

Old 02-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Thumbs down GayNess

Yup!! im the license bolts guy! they charged me $25 because it was "very" hard to take those rusted bolts out...they didnt even tell me it will cost that much...i should of just go to canadian tire next door and buy 4 bolts.
Stupid me...Or smart them!
Ps. Becareful when you go in when you change new rotor! they will charge you for service! but the parts are free! They will tell you:
We have gave you free parts! But...Pay for the service please...next time ill just tell them to give me those parts and ill do it somewhere else!

Old 02-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Hey Meridian,

I bought my G35 Coupe from Agincourt in November 04. I sort of indirectly know the owner (Bob Stephen)... and I have a very close friend of mine who is a veteran technician at the dealership. He's been there for like 6 years or something like that. Anyhow, I know for a fact my car and I will both be treated with the highest levels of service. If you like I can put you in touch with him. He is a great guy and when bringing the G to Agincourt you can specifically ask for him every time you go! No body else touches my car their!!!

Heck if you like we could meet up and I would personally introduce you to him. I live in Ajax.

BADG35

Old 02-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That is what I love about thes site . The willingness of the people here that are ready to go out of their way to help each other. A pat on the back to Badg35 .
Wayne

Old 02-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
help

Originally Posted by GEE35X
That is what I love about thes site . The willingness of the people here that are ready to go out of their way to help each other. A pat on the back to Badg35 .
Wayne

I agree. I just wish I lived 1500 kms closer to where most of the other Canadian G drivers are located so I could benefit or offer that help myself!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service at Agincourt Infiniti