Canada Serving Canada.

***Updated: GTA MEET April24***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005 | 04:57 PM
Is the meeting still on for you local fellows that live near SO or is being moved to another, more pleasant weekend?
My wife and I have decided not to come tomorrow because of the sloppy weather (It's a 3 hour drive each way), she was supposed to work this weekend and she traded to work next weekend . We were really hoping on getting out.
We will definitely be down for another weekend provided she isn't working. I want to see all of your nice rides.
Wayne

Old 04-02-2005 | 05:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Thanks Deane, from us all.

I'm glad you had some decent weather for a change.
Ours was great for the week previous, : warm, dry, summer-like conditions. By all accounts, winter was gone (along with all the snow) and clear sailing ahead.

BUT-- Mother Nature can be a little 'difficult' at times... &*^%&tch ...

Monday we'll be back to good weather, and we'll be back on track. (unless she gets out of line again.)

Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-02-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2005 | 06:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Sorry guys and gals, but for us -- GEE35X, Smilepro, and I, as well as many of you in GTA area, feel it's best to postpone the meet for this Sunday, Arpil 3rd. in favour of a weekend in the near future.

The little extra delay will make our reunion that much more enjoyable and special.

I look forward to seeing you all very soon. Any suggestions/observations/questions please post here -- I've left this post sticky for now to be more accessible for everyone.
If you guys in GTA area fare any better with the weather, and deside to meet up anyway, have a good one.
Watch the weather tho......all of Southern ONtario looks pretty grim for the next day or so, either for snow or rain or both.
Be safe.

Colin.

Old 04-02-2005 | 07:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
A little late jumping in here....
I agree completely with postponing.

Next week is no good for me, I put business travel for
this week off to next.

2 weeks from now would be best for me.
Cheers everyone & stay safe,

Old 04-02-2005 | 08:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
A little late jumping in here....
I agree completely with postponing.

Next week is no good for me, I put business travel for
this week off to next.

2 weeks from now would be best for me.
Cheers everyone & stay safe,
Cool Ian, We'll meet up soon for sure, hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Stay in touch.
Colin

Old 04-03-2005 | 01:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey all, How's it going in GTA?
Around here, we've had about a foot of wet snow! UGGGGG, and by the sounds of the news, the storm has dumped over pretty much all of southern Ontario.
Apparantly on the shores of Lake Huron where GEE35X (Wayne) is, the roads are dry and no snow!.
Wayne, you're one lucky GEE right now, lol. enjoy the fine weather, whilst we slug it out shovelling this %^&^*&^%ing crap.

I'm sure there's been many a time where the tables have been turned. Being on the lee of the lake is no fun at times either is it?

Stay safe everyone, and of course 'happy shovelling'. (lol did you say you might cut the grass today Wayne?)

Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-03-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2005 | 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Hey all, How's it going in GTA?
Around here, we've had about a foot of wet snow! UGGGGG, and by the sounds of the news, the storm has dumped over pretty much all of southern Ontario.
Apparantly on the shores of Lake Huron where GEE35X (Wayne) is, the roads are dry and no snow!.
Wayne, you're one lucky GEE right now, lol. enjoy the fine weather, whilst we slug it out shovelling this %^&^*&^%ing crap.

I'm sure there's been many a time where the tables have been turned. Being on the lee of the lake is no fun at times either is it?

Stay safe everyone, and of course 'happy shovelling'. (lol did you say you might cut the grass today Wayne?)

Colin
Hehe I just love it, nice sunny day here and I hear of road closures between here and T.O. I washed my car 2 days ago in preparation for our meet today and as you can see, still clean and not a drop of snow or rain today. I can't believe you are getting that much snow, if you are my sympathies for you .
Wayne

Attached Thumbnails ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-cnv0294.jpg  
Old 04-03-2005 | 03:07 PM
It's unbelievable, it's actually snowing AND it's accumulating. Well my car is still clean as well. I drove my wife's car, which was actually cleaner than mine as I detailed it inside and out two weeks ago and it has not been driven since... oh well, better hers than mine

Old 04-03-2005 | 03:59 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by MattAu
It's unbelievable, it's actually snowing AND it's accumulating. Well my car is still clean as well. I drove my wife's car, which was actually cleaner than mine as I detailed it inside and out two weeks ago and it has not been driven since... oh well, better hers than mine
Hey MattAu, likewise with my new M. It's been here for 3 weeks now and only got 300 clicks!(and nothing in the last 10 days) Darn weather, and Oh yes, now that I have my Bro's '99 Solara to 'lean' on, that's getting the majority of duty, especially in this crap.
Wayne, I'll bring a cooler full of snow when I visit on Tuesday, just in case you feel you're missing something.

What a mess!!!!

C.

Old 04-03-2005 | 04:22 PM
Wow, I drove up to Newmarket to register for SoloII on my summer wheels. It was tough...I had to be pushed out of my parking spot.

Old 04-03-2005 | 04:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hehe I just love it, nice sunny day here and I hear of road closures between here and T.O. I washed my car 2 days ago in preparation for our meet today and as you can see, still clean and not a drop of snow or rain today. I can't believe you are getting that much snow, if you are my sympathies for you .
Wayne
Hey bro, here's a taste of what's happening just west of you> I snapped a few pics of the back patio and the kid's little 'walkways'. I didn't have the energy to do the whole 'circuit yet. My back was aching a little after dong the driveway a couple times this morning.
Sid took a dive into the snow this morning after a bird, and almost disappeared --- he clambered back out but looked like a snowman with all the snow stuck to him. He looked like a sorry mess.
Dayne was there snickering of course at Sid's naivete. it was hillarious.

The sun should be back out tomorrow, so our 'wonderful winter blanket' will be all gone soon. oh drat. lol.

Later
C.

P.S. oh yes the M-- I snapped only one pic the other day after 'shoehorning' both the M and the Solara into the garage.
Not a lot of room for error when parking is there? Needless to say, I'm real careful --
C.

P.P.S. -- oh yes -- the back yard was clear up to Friday. I was out with the kids playing ball in the warm sun, then we had a nap laying on the grass for a while. It'll be a while b4 we're back out there again.

C.

Attached Thumbnails ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-mini-100_0009.jpg   ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-mini-100_0013.jpg   ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-mini-100_0014.jpg   ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-mini-100_0015.jpg   ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***-mini-100_0016.jpg  

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-03-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2005 | 05:01 PM
Colin...GULP.....eek :
That is unbelievable, hehe, it looks like Sid and Dayne are enjoying the snow much more than you did . They are definitely very spoiled, look at the nice run-ways you dug out for them.
Don't bring any of that stuff up here on Tuesday,Yuch, cause Spring is here in Kincardine, heck they are doing the early lift in of the boats here in the Harbor next weekend.
Tight fit in the Garage Colin. I would be giving the M all the space she deserves and making the Solara stand guard outside.

Ballz....ooooo , that would be scary driving in that wet snow with the summers on, definitely good to back home safe and sound, eh?

Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-03-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2005 | 05:08 PM
Great puppy pics!

Old 04-03-2005 | 06:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Balzz
Wow, I drove up to Newmarket to register for SoloII on my summer wheels. It was tough...I had to be pushed out of my parking spot.
Hey bro, you're brave going out in that. Glad you made it home ok.

I used the P/C polisher today on the black Solara and was impressed with the job and the ease of use.
2 coats of Z-5 on it's hood brought it back to respectability.

Now that I've got my 'hand' in on the Solara, I'll chance a couple more coats on the M.

Yeh the puppies... Sid and Dayne...bless 'em, They're my pride and joy, even beyond what's sitting in the garage -- lol.

C.

Old 04-04-2005 | 03:47 PM
|
So using the polisher made the job a little easier? What does the P/C stand for? I'm rakin' my brain but just can't put it together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***