***Updated: GTA MEET April24***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 05:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
& what about one for M45s
hahaha, maybe if some 'others' come, we can have that category too.
C.

Old 03-23-2005 | 06:12 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
couldn't resist

Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
bump
Whew, I was wondering when we were gonna get some meets going! I'm most definitely in! See you all there... hey maybe Jerry can bring some prizes? LOL

What does winner of the dirtiest car have to do THIS time?

1. Gsedanman
2. Balzz
3. PimpCoupe
4. Endless G
5. Rumble
6. BurntRenolds
7. PDT
8. MattAu
9. 35Bills
10. inTgr8r
11. smilepro (weather permitting)
12. GEE35X and GEE35Xette
13. Digger
14. Whatacar
15. Wolfsterx (not sure yet)
16. KamikazeiG35
17. RBull (in my dreams)
Here's hoping for some great weather
Al
DEANE

Old 03-23-2005 | 06:37 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
No worries Deane, all you Easterners will be with us in spirit .
C.

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:34 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gsedanman
No worries Deane, all you Easterners will be with us in spirit .
C.

Right on bro.
BTW, my G seems to be running real well. I can notice a slight difference with the K&N (growl) and with the synthetic all around. There does seem to be reduced driveline friction, if my butt dyno is right.

Old 03-23-2005 | 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Right on bro.
BTW, my G seems to be running real well. I can notice a slight difference with the K&N (growl) and with the synthetic all around.
You should try the plenum spacer! Even bigger growl! Butt-dyno is pleased too. Just installed my 3/8" today. I've been pulling off far too many work-from-home days since getting the G.

Old 03-24-2005 | 08:07 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Balzz
You should try the plenum spacer! Even bigger growl! Butt-dyno is pleased too. Just installed my 3/8" today. I've been pulling off far too many work-from-home days since getting the G.
Hey Balzz,
Excellent. I've got a Z tube on the way so we'll see what that does. Where did you buy the plenum spacer and what was the cost? Easy installation?
I can relate to the G distraction factor too after getting mine home last week from storage. I'm not employed but I've got some serious projects I'm working on here at home and have made "more than one pleasure G drive" during the days. My productivity has certainly been compromised

Deane

Old 03-24-2005 | 09:13 AM
PDT
Originally Posted by GEE35X
If Colin's M aero-kit comes in perhaps we can have a group install at Square One. How about it, eh Colin?
GSM, should we all bring our tools with us?

Old 03-24-2005 | 01:47 PM
Hey Balzz,
Excellent. I've got a Z tube on the way so we'll see what that does. Where did you buy the plenum spacer and what was the cost? Easy installation?
I can relate to the G distraction factor too after getting mine home last week from storage. I'm not employed but I've got some serious projects I'm working on here at home and have made "more than one pleasure G drive" during the days. My productivity has certainly been compromised

Deane
Yeah, the install was easy. Only took about 30 mins. I got the spacer from Tony (Hydrazine) for $215 USD + shipping...I think it was $10 or $15 shipping.

Old 03-24-2005 | 03:49 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Balzz
Yeah, the install was easy. Only took about 30 mins. I got the spacer from Tony (Hydrazine) for $215 USD + shipping...I think it was $10 or $15 shipping.
Thanks, I'll have to consider that one along with so many other mods I'd like to do.

Old 03-24-2005 | 04:35 PM
Thanks, I'll have to consider that one along with so many other mods I'd like to do.
Me too! And a PULLEY as well!

Old 03-24-2005 | 04:48 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Right on bro.
BTW, my G seems to be running real well. I can notice a slight difference with the K&N (growl) and with the synthetic all around. There does seem to be reduced driveline friction, if my butt dyno is right.
Deane, From what I've seen on car programs and heard from other members, there's a few ponies to be had by going to synthetics 'all 'round' in our G's.
For what it's worth, the 'Horsepower TV' guys got 7 hp by going fully synthetic on one of their rides.-- to my mind, the extra punch is well worth the investment alone, not to mention the added protection, slicker shifting, and heat reduction.

Be careful not to over oil the K&N after cleaning tho. Apparantly excess oil can mess with the MAF sensor.
Between the K&N panel filter and the Z-tube, they add some nice 'tunes', and along with the Hydrazine spacer, it's even better.

Enjoy.

Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-24-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2005 | 04:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by PDT
GSM, should we all bring our tools with us?
LOL, That's a very generous offer guys, but I've promised Jerry and his boys the install since he wants pics for advertising. I can't let him down.

I'm really hoping the kit arrives in time for our meet. Jerry says a Saturday morning is all that's needed. April 2nd would be nice.

Bring the tools anyway....there may be a few Z-tube installs to do and some other things to play with.

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-24-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2005 | 07:22 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Deane, From what I've seen on car programs and heard from other members, there's a few ponies to be had by going to synthetics 'all 'round' in our G's.
For what it's worth, the 'Horsepower TV' guys got 7 hp by going fully synthetic on one of their rides.-- to my mind, the extra punch is well worth the investment alone, not to mention the added protection, slicker shifting, and heat reduction.

Be careful not to over oil the K&N after cleaning tho. Apparantly excess oil can mess with the MAF sensor.
Between the K&N panel filter and the Z-tube, they add some nice 'tunes', and along with the Hydrazine spacer, it's even better.

Enjoy.

Colin
yeah I watch those guys too.
I've read that tip on the over oiling before but don't expect it's going to hit me for a while with the few kms/year I put on my unit. Maybe a trip to Ontario would change that.
I've got a champagne taste on a beer budget right now with the G as far as all those mods. I expect that all to change dramatically come this fall.

Old 03-24-2005 | 07:24 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
Me too! And a PULLEY as well!

Yep I like the pulley idea too. I remember seeing many of those horsepower tv shows where they had some incredible gains with some of the Detroit iron.

Old 03-26-2005 | 09:01 PM
Hmmm...the CASC SoloOntario open house is the same time...looks like I'm out for this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Updated: GTA MEET April24***