Canada Serving Canada.

Zaino??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooking up for Zaino

Jerry from Yorkville Infiniti carries a full line of Zaino waxes.
Drop him a line:

Yorkville Infiniti Service
133 Pears Ave. Toronto, Ontario M5R 1T3
Phone: (416)975-2623 Fax: (416)964-2211
jliu@dfcauto.com

http://autonet.ca/dfcauto/dfcinfiniti/Service.cfm

Old 03-20-2005, 02:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by smilepro
Boy you guys must have alot of confidence in yourselves to use a polisher like that on your rides. Maybe I am paranoid because my car is black! I have a light compound recommended for black ( I believe it is called Farecla G10, anyone hear of it?) Anyhow, not absolutely sure it is necessary...my car shows some slight spider webbing under direct light. I am thinking that a couple coats of Z5 would take car of this though. Any thoughts guys? What makes these polishers that you guys ordered so special? Time to check out their website!
Hey Ted, Yes I understand your caution toward power buffers and polishers. They need to be used with much respect and care.
From what I've read the 'orbital' type is best and will give a decent job without burning or scratching. Apparantly it's in the 'orbital' motion rather than a circular motion that is the secret to success.
Two fellas have contacted me lately with info on their use : GEE35X (Wayne) and G35Bills (Bill) . These guys have some invaluable info on websites available for buffing usage and optimum Zaino usage.
Bill has a P/C buffer and has some tips on its use. I'm sure he and Wayne won't mind sharing on the subjects.
Balzz has a P/C buffer too and will have tips to add especially for 'ham handed' buffers like me.

I have used Z-5 for small scratches and it does work wonders, Ted. It appears that it's a scratch filler and helps hide the damage done.

One thing about ZFX I forgot to mention was what RBull said: that using it allows application of subsequent coats sooner. Without ZFX, Zaino recommends complete drying time b4 another coat, so if you want to apply a coat or 2 of Z-5 as well as a coat or 2 of Z-2, it can be done within the same day.

Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-20-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I was about to buy a buffer at Canadian Tire yesterday for 100 bucks...not the same one but looks alot alike...whats the benefit for this 200 one...explain that orbital stuff a little?

Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by BurntRenolds
I was about to buy a buffer at Canadian Tire yesterday for 100 bucks...not the same one but looks alot alike...whats the benefit for this 200 one...explain that orbital stuff a little?
Power, reliability, etc. Here's an article on the PC. It talks about the 7424 but the 7336 is similar except for the 6" counterweight.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html

Old 03-21-2005, 08:16 AM
O.F. Administrator
Great find Balzz. You can't beat a tutorial like that. I'll have to post a link to it in our Detailing Forum too.
That may be the site 35Bills mentioned to me. Very helpful for us polisher 'newbs'.
TNX.
Colin

Porter Cable Polisher Tutorial

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-21-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Great find Balzz. You can't beat a tutorial like that. I'll have to post a link to it in our Detailing Forum too.
That may be the site 35Bills mentioned to me. Very helpful for us polisher 'newbs'.
TNX.
Colin

Porter Cable Polisher Tutorial
I think you forgot to post the actual link in that thread though.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by Balzz
I think you forgot to post the actual link in that thread though.

I knew that, I knew that...............

Thanks Balzz, I guess that might help.

C.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Guys,

The site is called http://properautocare.com .

Colin, if you get your order in from carsmartcare, would you bring it to the meet on April 3rd? I would like to see the products first hand.

Thanks

Old 03-21-2005, 12:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by 35bills
Hey Guys,

The site is called http://properautocare.com .

Colin, if you get your order in from carsmartcare, would you bring it to the meet on April 3rd? I would like to see the products first hand.

Thanks
Be glad to Bill......and thanks for posting the autocare site.
Colin

Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Good job with that link...thanks a bunch. Now I just have to steel one...2 bills isn't cheap...It does semm worth it.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Guys,

Im not too familar with paint protection products so I apologize if Im not up to speed with everything. I just got a used 2003 G coupe a month ago and I would like to provide the paint with some added protection and shine. I've heard Krown provides a polymer based compound that is supposedly pretty good. I've never used it, but it sounds quite decent. According to most people on this forum, Zaino seems to be the preferred choice among paint protection products. Does anyone know if Krown's product is inferior/superior/equal to Zaino? Please advise.

G35evolution

Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 AM
there are two major types of paint protection: wax and "sealants". wax is wax - it's a natural product usually based on carnuba wax. most commerical "off the shelf" products mix pure carnuba wax with some petroleum products in order to get the consistency, color, and "applyability" (not a real word). i used to be a fan of "pure" carnuba wax with no additives, specifically "one grand blitz wax". i would apply that after a complete wash and 3m hand glaze and/or 3m swirl remover.

however, after buying my 350z last year, i decided to switch to "synthetic wax" also known as sealants (not to be confused with paint sealants which are different). zaino was the pioneer with this but other notable brands are klasse (my brother uses this on his tt) and wolfgang (i use this on my 350z).

synthetic waxes are becoming very popular, in fact traditional wax brands like meguirs are making synthetic products like NX-G (or whatever the stupid name is). syths are generally shinier than waxes but don't have that "deep gloss" look that wax does. traditionalists (car councours people) will still put a wax on top of a synth to get "the look". the good thing about synths is that they last a lot longer. a wax will last 4-6 weeks, a synth can last up to 6 months (zaino lasts the longest).

i really like wolfgang, it's much easier to apply and take off than a true carnuba and the shine is unlike anything it's. the paint is soooo smooth after putting it on, smoother than zaino or klasse (i've done a direct comparision) but it lasts the shortest amount of time compared to the other two.

the other good thing about synths is that you can reapply frequently.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Not really Zaino related since I don't use any Zaino product, but I made my car purdy today and I couldn't resist getting a few pics.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
AWWWW Man, this sh-t is contagious . I just finished ordering a PC7336SP polisher with pads and backing plate from carcare.com After seeing Balzz car just a gleaming on the previous post and I want to do my rides and my boat, I had to do it.
Thanks for all the info and input folks.
Wayne

Old 04-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
AWWWW Man, this sh-t is contagious . I just finished ordering a PC7336SP polisher with pads and backing plate from carcare.com After seeing Balzz car just a gleaming on the previous post and I want to do my rides and my boat, I had to do it.
Thanks for all the info and input folks.
Wayne
You too can now use your hood as a mirror.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino??