Canada Serving Canada.

Oakville Nissan/Infiniti Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oakville Nissan/Infiniti Dealership

Hey Guys,
I was wondering what the customer service is like at Oakville Nissan/Infiniti. I am experiencing some rear axle noise when I accelerate from a stop. I have read the TSB along with many threads regarding this issue so don't worry guys...it's nothing new. I live in Oakville so getting it done here would be the most logical choice right now. Just want to get a feel for how Oakville Nissan/Infiniti treats their customers. Any positive or negative comments about this particular dealership?

Thanks Guys

G35evolution

Old 04-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I get all my service done there and live in Brampton. They're good - very mod friendly dealership.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey PimpCoupe,

Thanks for the feedback. So you drive all the way over to get your car serviced at the Oakville dealership? That's quite far for you, but I guess if the service is good then it's worth the trip. I hear that they are only one of a few dealerships that are certified to install Stillen performance products.

G35evolution

Old 04-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Actually, the guy who does all the performance installs lives in my neighbourhood so usually we trade cars for the day. He's done a bunch of my mods - always well done and they are not one of those dealerships that you have to argue warranty coverage with.

If you have any questions about performance upgrades, go in and talk to Craig (mechanic).

Old 04-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Picked up my G last week and also have some strange noise when I start from a near stop in first and second. I would describe it as a shivering from the clutch or rear end. Is this the issue G35Evolution talked about.

I got my car from Alta Infiniti and will give them the first chance to fix it next week. Otherwise, I live in Mississauga (Erin Mills) and Oakville is no big deal for me, if you recommend them as the best around.

Last edited by G-Force; 04-09-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey PimpCoupe,

That's great to know...after a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is get into a conversion battle over a simple warranty issue. I appreciate all the info...I will try to contact the mechanic you suggested for further details regarding the noise coming from the rear axles.

G35evolution

Old 04-09-2005, 04:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G35evolution
Hey Guys,
I was wondering what the customer service is like at Oakville Nissan/Infiniti. I am experiencing some rear axle noise when I accelerate from a stop. I have read the TSB along with many threads regarding this issue so don't worry guys...it's nothing new. I live in Oakville so getting it done here would be the most logical choice right now. Just want to get a feel for how Oakville Nissan/Infiniti treats their customers. Any positive or negative comments about this particular dealership?

Thanks Guys

G35evolution
Oakville Infiniti-Nissan looks live a class act all 'round. My brother will be taking his Coupe to them for service and warranty on my recommendation.
I've only dealt with Markus in their parts department who have been most helpful, and I wouldn't hesitate to go there for more.
I'm not surprised that the reports are good.

A little further afield is Infiniti of Yorkville in downtown Toronto. They're a class act too, just a little further to go.

Another dealership getting some good press is Alta Infiniti in Woodbridge. I know of one moderator (Hi Rumble), and other members who go and like their service.

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-09-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by G-Force
Picked up my G last week and also have some strange noise when I start from a near stop in first and second. I would describe it as a shivering from the clutch or rear end. Is this the issue G35Evolution talked about.

I got my car from Alta Infiniti and will give them the first chance to fix it next week. Otherwise, I live in Mississauga (Erin Mills) and Oakville is no big deal for me, if you recommend them as the best around.
Hey G-Force,

The noise that I am referring to is definitely coming from the rear axles and it always occurs once the vehicle begins to accelerate from a standstill. On some vehicles the sound is coming from both rear axles. However, in my case, it is coming from the axle on the rear-passenger side. It is also quite evident when you slowly go over speed bumps in parking lots. It sounds like a "clunk" from a loose bolt. At this point, Im not sure if it is detrimental to the vehicle if it is not fixed, but I don't want to take that chance so Im going to schedule an appointment asap to get it done. Based on the feedback that I am receiving, I think I will try the dealership in Oakville. I will let you know how it turns out. If you want further information regarding this issue, the TSB is listed on www.infinitihelp.com. Look for the heading "clicking noise from rear axles"

G35evolution