Canada Serving Canada.

Any Calgary G35 sedan drivers out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005 | 08:43 PM
BMC
|
Any Calgary G35 drivers out there? / PRO-KIT Installed!!!!

Hi everyone

Just wondering if there are any fellow g35driver.com sedan owners based out of Calgary.

My daily driver (BS '04 6MT Premium/Aero) is pretty much stock:

- winters I run the 17" OEM sport wheels with Blizzak's (215/55-17)

- summer set up consists of 18 x 8 HP Evo's with Hankook Ventus K104's (245/45-ZR18).

Only other mod I'm thinking of is a set of lowering springs, either the Eibach Pro-Kit or the Tein H-Techs.

Would love to hear from fellow Calgary owners.

Cheers
BMC

Attached Thumbnails Any Calgary G35 sedan drivers out there?-01.jpg  

Last edited by BMC; 05-16-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2005 | 02:35 AM
Mik
i plan on buying an '05 6MT Sedan very soon... will order in first part of June.

did u buy ur G35 thru Hyatt?

Old 04-27-2005 | 09:35 PM
BMC
|
Calgary

Originally Posted by Mik
i plan on buying an '05 6MT Sedan very soon... will order in first part of June.

did u buy ur G35 thru Hyatt?
No, I bought mine used. Got a great deal on 2004 (in-service date was Feb 2004, I bought it in Oct 2004) so it was pretty much new without the new car price. Apparently the prev owner (a guy from Ontario in sales) moved to Calgary and his wife wanted an SUV instead, so they got rid of the G.

What colour are you getting? The new front end and painted side sills and rear on the '05 looks great.

I'm thinking of putting the Nismo aero kit on my ride.

Make sure you post pics of your ride when you take delivery!

Old 05-07-2005 | 10:10 PM
Mik,

Did you order your G yet? I ordered a coupe mid april and they told me they weren't going to see many more until the fall. I have a couple of weeks to go before mine arrives, The hardest part is the wait.

Old 05-08-2005 | 07:42 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by BMC
Hi everyone

Just wondering if there are any fellow g35driver.com sedan owners based out of Calgary.

My daily driver (BS '04 6MT Premium/Aero) is pretty much stock:

- winters I run the 17" OEM sport wheels with Blizzak's (215/55-17)

- summer set up consists of 18 x 8 HP Evo's with Hankook Ventus K104's (245/45-ZR18).

Only other mod I'm thinking of is a set of lowering springs, either the Eibach Pro-Kit or the Tein H-Techs.

Would love to hear from fellow Calgary owners.

Cheers
BMC
BMC, I'm not from Calgary but want to compliment you on the car. I really like the set up you've got. Nice ride.
Any idea how much it costs to do the drop with the springs?

Old 05-08-2005 | 11:56 AM
BMC
|
Costs to drop the car with springs

Thanks for the compliment.

My friend just installed his H&R springs on his 98 Boxster - the place that did the alignment (and boy did he need an alignment - the camber was off a ton!!!) said they could have done the spring installation and alignment for approximately $400 to $500 Cdn. I'm actually waiting for my Eibach Pro-Kits to arrive (ordered them from EverythingG35.com) - hopefully this week - I'll post my installation/alignment costs once it's all done.

Are you thinking of lowering your coupe?

Old 05-08-2005 | 12:12 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by BMC
Thanks for the compliment.

My friend just installed his H&R springs on his 98 Boxster - the place that did the alignment (and boy did he need an alignment - the camber was off a ton!!!) said they could have done the spring installation and alignment for approximately $400 to $500 Cdn. I'm actually waiting for my Eibach Pro-Kits to arrive (ordered them from EverythingG35.com) - hopefully this week - I'll post my installation/alignment costs once it's all done.

Are you thinking of lowering your coupe?
Probably just window shopping. There is a lot of stuff I would like to do as far as mods. It just takes me a fair bit of motivation to part with my money.
I've never owned a lowered car and am somewhat concerned with clearance and especially with alignment/ tire wear issues. I'll ;ook forward to seeing your information posted.

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:45 PM
I'm from BC but I'm in Calgary at least twice a month. I hadn't seen alot of G's on the road during the winter months, but with the better weather I've been seeing more.

Like the colour -- same as mine

I did the Eibach's a couple of months ago. No issues of bottoming out over speed bumps but when parking at a curb I have to be careful.

My next big purchase will be wheels. What do you think of the Hankook rubber??

Old 05-09-2005 | 02:49 PM
BMC
|
K104's

Great to hear from you.

As for the Hankook's - the K104's have treated me well thus far. There's a tad bit more noise which is to be expected, but not to the point where it's annoying. I still find it to be a very quiet ride. Traction is great and cornering has become much more fun with the extra 30 mm of tire width.

I haven't yet had an opportunity to see how it rides in the rain.

Do you have pictures of your car with the drop???

Last edited by BMC; 05-09-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2005 | 07:34 PM
Here are a couple of pics, just after install of Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Attached Thumbnails Any Calgary G35 sedan drivers out there?-eibach_1.jpg   Any Calgary G35 sedan drivers out there?-eibach_2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2005 | 07:39 PM
Alignment before install of springs was way out from factory spec. After spring install they were able to get the alignment closer to spec but camber arms are needed to get back to factory spec -- I'm shooting for coupe spec.

These springs, combined with the Hotchkis sway bars, are allowing me to drive it more like a sports car --- car is fairly flat through the corners. Highway exit and entrance speeds can be higher with a more secure feeling. Car stabiltiy during braking in corners is greatly improved.

Last edited by BbyG35; 05-09-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2005 | 07:46 PM
BMC
|
Nice drop!

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. So have you installed the camber arms yet or still running only the springs?

How has your tire wear been thus far?

Old 05-10-2005 | 12:17 PM
No camber arms as yet -- trying to find ones which don't cost an arm & leg (no pun intended). I'm favouring Stillen, but the cost is ridiculous.

No noticeable tire wear problems...yet!

Old 05-11-2005 | 04:11 AM
Mik
crappola... if there rn't anymore '05 G35s coming in, i guess i might have to wait for an '06 model. i might be able to get a couple of guys i know to find one, but then it might be too much trouble. the G35 sedan or coupe is the only vehicle i am looking at. i will be checking things out tomorrow. i am putting as large a downpayment as i can, so that's why i was waiting till June. oh well, the 'Stang is going to have to make it to at least the Fall i guess.

Old 05-13-2005 | 03:03 PM
BMC
|
Springs arrived.

Originally Posted by BbyG35
Here are a couple of pics, just after install of Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Well it's good I took the day off. UPS just pulled up to my place about 10 minutes ago and dropped off my long-awaited Eibach Pro-Kits. I had ordered them from EverythingG35 back in mid April but they were on backorder. I didn't have to pay any brokerage fees - at least the driver didnt' think so - perhaps they'll send something to me in the mail.

Anyway, time to make some phone calls to arrange to have the car lowered and aligned. Will post pics once it's done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Calgary G35 sedan drivers out there?