Canada Serving Canada.

Ticket Fighters in Toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticket Fighters in Toronto

Can anyone provide feedback on how effective it is to use ticket fighters like X-Copper, etc. Is there a company that is particularly highly recommended with getting good results?

Old 05-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Re: Ticket Fighters in Toronto

yeah they are actually good. It's not cheap .. and you might still have to pay a fine ... but they are excellent at getting them to drop any "points" off your insurance .. which is the main thing you want!

Old 05-26-2003, 01:41 PM

WAIT,
any ticket regardless of if there are points or not are reported to the insurance company, ie even a 5km over which carries no points.
therefore, the best thing is to have the ticket/charges dropped

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 05-26-2003, 02:26 PM

Yeah, they are pretty effective and I would recommend them. There aren't any ones that are better than others, since it all depends on who is going to be working on ur case even within the same company or building. All places want to get the same result so that is my advice. I can tell you that not all x-coppers are really ex-cops. I know a guy who works there and was a computer sales rep at Business Depot. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's still a G thang!!

Old 05-26-2003, 07:22 PM

Hey I went to US got a 88mph ticket in a 65mph zone, what should I do??? I dun wanna ignore it becuz I dun wanna get in shXt next time I travel/get caught in US... any sugguestion or "expertees" here?
Thanx for helping...

[b][i]G35cp-5AT+PerformPk+Silverstone/graphite+AllTinted
See me? Light twice, honk once then smile

Old 05-26-2003, 07:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about your luck doll. You gonna speed like that you should have some 'provocative' clothing on. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img].........
You'd have to go back to the 'scene of the crime' to fight it right? Probably not worth it-- 13 over.. If I were you I'd pay it and hope your insurance doesn't get wind of it.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-26-2003, 08:19 PM

I just got two speeding tickets last months (both are 33km/h [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]), and I am going to be a "white mouse" to try x-copper. My friend said x-copper is quite good on fighting speeding ticket, but not cheap though.

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2003, 08:19 PM

I paid the ticket I got in NY and it never showed up on my record here.

Err, I mean the ticket that I may or may not have gotten.

Old 05-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I typed something long but as my bad luck in posting long threads in this forum, got a message saying there was an error posting..ah well

To keep the long story short:
1. Tickets in US probably won't have any affects on your insurance, though it WILL show up on your record when you try to renew your plate sticker. So in the end, just like any traffic violations, you'll end up paying.

2. If any of you have actually been to court to fight traffic tickets, you'll know those so called traffic ticket fighters do nothing but just show up, take any FIRST offers from prosecutors ( yeah, they got 100 of cases stacked up for one appearance, you think they got time to argue for you?. Anyone shows up in person or by a representative knows that you are almost guanrantee to get a plea bargain from the prosecutor minutes before the trial begins. Say you got clocked doing 33km/h over, that probably means something like over $140 in fines with 4 points, without even saying a word, the prosecutor will offer you something like reducing it to 24km/h over, equivalent to 2 points and a reduced fine of course. That type of stuff is what those X Copper would do at most, and he'll come back to you as a HERO, saying it was his skillful court tactic that led to your good fortune in saving that 2 precious points, 'cause "that'll save you from huge insurance premium increase", at the meantime, even with a reduced fine, you end up paying hundreds more for his so called service..

They got skills alright( to persuade people that whatever they do, is really worth $200-$400 that they charge you), just nothing that really impress me as I have naively used them before, but since then I have also fought 2 tickets for my wife and 1 for my parents, with much better results. I'd say you should consider using them only if:
a. Your time is worth more then $100/hr, so it'll cost you pretty much the same either way
b. You just have too much money to throw away, in which case, please donate half of that to me, and I can promise you the same thing: I win ( you a lesser conviction ) or it's free

Ah..I am not really good at "keeping long story short" am I?

G35: Black with Willow/Canadian Premium Package.
Z3: Silver with Red leather interior.

Old 05-27-2003, 12:01 AM

Yes but the point here is not the money, it's the merit points that U will be deducted for insurance purposes isn't that the whole point of doing that??? I swear most ppl are willing to pay like $200 for reducing 2 points rather than paying the $100 ticket but have 4 points off on record rite???

[b][i]G35cp-5AT+PerformPk+Silverstone/graphite+AllTinted
See me? Light twice, honk once then smile

Old 05-27-2003, 12:34 AM

My speeding ticket, each cost me only $153.75, but 4 points....and the ticket fighter charged me $300. So, it mean I placed a bet $150 to reduce 4 points.

Sounds expensive, but for a young driver like me, the insurance will raise more than $150 per month if I let those points survive [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 01:13 AM

OK here's the deal......You all have a serious misconception ........demerit points have ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with your insurance rates....they only affect the status of your drivers licence....conversly, CONVICTIONS ARE DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL WITH INSURANCE, meaning that if you get convicted of ANYTHING traffic (speeding, following too closly, failing to stop, disobey stop...etc) related and your insurance company gets wind of it....you will PAY MORE.....so please dont fall into the "save you precious demerit points" bullshit that these agents have to feed you.....

Having said this a good agent will ensure that you are never convicted....these agents are called LAWYERS......not x-coppers, not Tickets, not points....they are all scams...

My Family has been in the insurance business for 25 years and this is the knowledge that I am passing on to you, if you need insurance, email me...i'll get you a great rate. If you need a lawyer, email me...i'll get you great council. If you are still confused call your local Allstate agent and bug him/her.....lol

Hope this clears some of the confusion...

G35 M6 - Sliverstone -

Old 05-27-2003, 09:08 AM

right on BLNGBLNG
any conviction goes on your record for 3 years (unless its really serious and it stays on longer), if u drive 3 years ticket free then its erased. so when u fight a ticket u need to have it DISMISSED or dropped.
here's a little trick i've used a couple of times. get a buddy of yours to show up at the court hearing, if the cop is a no show then they should say that they are there to represent you and most likely the charges will be dropped. the cop shows up ask them to talk to the prosecuter before the trial begins and say that u are outta town and to reschedule. he might just drop the charges or reschedule the trial.
works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 05-27-2003, 09:48 AM

Man, just show up yourself and you'll get reduced fine and points for sure...I don't think any of those ticket fighters will promise you that you would get away with no conviction, they probably just promise you a lesser conviction, that's all.

And while you are there, try to talk to the prosecutor which probably tell you to plea bargain with the officer who issue you the ticket(s), ask him/her to let you go with 16km/h over, that will reduce your fine to $40+ and no points, which was what I got on both tickets I fought for my wife for speeding 34km/h over...

Listen to BLNGBLNG, points got nothing to do with your insurance premium, once convicted, even with no points, your insurance premium will increase...so unless the ticket fighter promise you that there won't be a conviction or he'll give you $300, I don't see there is anything in it for you in that $150 bet of yours......

They are just bunch of salesmen and you know how highly I think of salesmen

Old 05-27-2003, 09:55 AM

Hehe Tabz...this is the same trick I used, except that I am always that buddy who shows up for other's tickets...but it's pretty hard to get no convictions as cops always show up these days ( guess the government need the money, I even heard that there are insentives for the cop to show up). There was this one ticket that I had to reschedule it twice before I got a no point conviction.