Canada Serving Canada.

Any deals with Canadian Infiniti Dealerships

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 01:30 PM
|
Any deals with Canadian Infiniti Dealerships

This is my first car purchase and I've got a couple questions for anyone out there who bought a G35 in Canada.

edit: I know there's been some info out on this board several months back but i think the market might be changing a bit with the new 3 series and lexus's IS250 announcement...

I'm looking for a G35x base model (can't have sunroof cuz I need the headroom), there's so much info out for US buyers are there any good sites where I can get invoice price and rebate info?? (or do any of you guys know what price I should be paying?) Do they come down from MSRP if the car isn't on the lot? I would be getting independent financing (I can get prime, probably better then dealship) so if I'm just handing them a cheque does that mean I should get a better deal?

Also, other than frieght and federal taxes do I really need to pay for any other services?

Thanks for any feedback guys,

Tim

Also I should mention that I'm from Winnipeg, we only have one dealer here so it might limit my negotiating power. If it comes to it is it a bad idea to buy the car out of province?

Last edited by tdiddy23; 05-08-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2005 | 01:50 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by tdiddy23
This is my first car purchase and I've got a couple questions for anyone out there who bought a G35 in Canada.

I'm looking for a G35x base model (can't have sunroof cuz I need the headroom), there's so much info out for US buyers are there any good sites where I can get invoice price and rebate info?? (or do any of you guys know what price I should be paying?) Do they come down from MSRP if the car isn't on the lot? I would be getting independent financing (I can get prime, probably better then dealship) so if I'm just handing them a cheque does that mean I should get a better deal?

Also, other than frieght and federal taxes do I really need to pay for any other services?

Thanks for any feedback guys,

Tim

Also I should mention that I'm from Winnipeg, we only have one dealer here so it might limit my negotiating power. If it comes to it is it a bad idea to buy the car out of province?

Hey Tim,
I'm a Winnipeger from way back for about nine years.
Sorry I can't help you with a source for invoice pricing however.
We only have one dealer here too for all Atlantic Canada and I ordered my car in too with a discount. I think you might expect at least $1000-2000 off MSRP. As far as other charges you will have an admin. fee which cost me $179. Whether you finance with them or arrange on your own will not likely make a difference in your price. I too considered buying out of province but the drive to Montreal and/or shipping charges didn't make sense to me. As the dealer here was a good customer of mine I really didn't press them too hard on what was a reasonable deal they offered me anyway.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-08-2005 | 02:20 PM
I got the invoice price for my 04 coupe at car cost canada last October. You should give it a try.

Old 05-08-2005 | 10:39 PM
|
carcostcanada

thanks guys i checked out that site, got the factory invoice price, what type of markup should i expect to pay for this car? I'm thinking of offering 4% over invoice, and maybe paying $150 or so for admin fees. I've located a few cars in Toronto on the lots. Should I be paying the full cost of freight if a car is on the lot?

I think I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage negotiating because I'm only 21, thats why i got my own financing I don't want to deal with all that from the dealer.

Oh yeah, does anyone know if Infiniti has any graduate rebate programs??

Old 05-09-2005 | 08:39 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
thanks guys i checked out that site, got the factory invoice price, what type of markup should i expect to pay for this car? I'm thinking of offering 4% over invoice, and maybe paying $150 or so for admin fees. I've located a few cars in Toronto on the lots. Should I be paying the full cost of freight if a car is on the lot?

I think I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage negotiating because I'm only 21, thats why i got my own financing I don't want to deal with all that from the dealer.

Good job so far. I suggest start at 2% over invoice plus all the regular charges admin.etc. Most of the manufacturers also pay dealers 2%+ on the back end after car is sold and warranty is registered. I don't know anything about their graduate programs if they have them.( I have two nieces going to U of M now.)
Freight is not negotiable since you're paying to get the car to Canada and from west to Ontario or Manitoba. Remember your local dealer will likely be willing to locate a vehicle for you and negotiate getting the car from another dealer for you, if they don't have the car in stock now. I would start there and then try elsewhere if you can't be satisfied. They may be more willing to negotiate if they know you are willing to buy in another province.
good luck

Old 05-13-2005 | 07:20 AM
G35 Prices

I bought mine a year ago using the APA (apa.ca). They give you both invoice price and a pre-negotiated price at a selected dealer. Around Toronto that dealer is Woodchester in Mississauga. It costs 50.00, but at least you know what you can without an argument to compare to what you're getting at your local dealer. I also tried carcostcanada but the invoice was the same and their dealer was in Markham.

Old 05-17-2005 | 02:00 AM
apa has free invoicing price

Old 05-20-2005 | 07:34 AM

shipping is a flat rate across canada to even out the frieight cost to different areas in canada

if you have cash you can buy straight from a car broker, they will only charage 500 over the invoice and the car is yours