Canada Serving Canada.

G35 Featured in June PAS magazine!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Man, those photos are SMOKING!! With all that sweet audio gear in the back does that mean your racing days are over??

AL

PS. Sorry to hear I missed a mini-meet over the weekend - I so would've been there...
Al, Just so you know, check out the "Big Smoke" thread stickied at the top of the page for details of our next meet to include LMC. Hope to see you there.
Colin

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread Sam, I hope Al won't mind answering on the other thread.

C.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all of the compliments everybody.

Yea, my racing days are over until I get tired of the car and remove all of the audio gear and turn it into a full blown race car. For now I will just enjoy the car and all of the looks it gets until every Tom, Dick and Harry have a G35 because they are so popular. Then it will be time to hit the track again.

The car will be in a few car shows coming up. The Grand Tuner show at the Molson Indy, Darknights and possibly Import Fest. Keep an eye out for me if you attend any of these shows.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
PDT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SammyJL
Awesome, I didn't even know it was there already. Thanks man!
Your welcome!!

I'm surprised they never told you..

Old 06-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by SammyJL
I drive my car as often as I can. It's no trailer queen that's for sure. I've had it out to Shannonville and Mosport for lapping days and had a blast. I've had the front end repainted twice already due to stone chips and will probably have it painted again before the year is up. I don't however drive it in the winter.

As far as working on the car, I do as much as I can with the knowledge that I have and if it's too hard then I have someone with experience help me. I've had my dash apart more times than I can remember and I also did some engine and exhaust work myself.

Yes you have to spend some money to set the car apart from the rest but the main reason is to have parts installed that the magazine can promote for their clients.

I hope that made sense.
Glad to hear that you're not afraid to get your hands dirty. Great job and good luck with future mods !!

Old 06-05-2005, 04:27 PM
are you coming out to the LMC meet this Saturday?

Because I would LOVE to check out your setup first hand! If not, I look forward to bumping into you soon!

Cheers,
Al

Old 06-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Because I would LOVE to check out your setup first hand! If not, I look forward to bumping into you soon!
Sorry, can't make it this weekend, I have other commitments. I really wanted to go to the Mitsubishi meet as well but I guess I'll have to wait until next year.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Please post tq and HP dyno graphs as well as track times with exact rims, tires and weight reduction. I assume you taken it to the track at one point or another since you have spent some time and money on performace mods?

Last edited by Gting; 06-06-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gting
Please post tq and HP dyno graphs as well as track times with exact rims, tires and weight reduction. I assume you taken it to the track at one point or another since you have spent some time and money on performace mods?
I don't have track times, as the events that I attended were lapping days only, no official racing. I've never driven, let alone raced, on a road course track before those events but I had a blast.

I haven't taken the car to the strip yet because I'm still learning how to control this car and it's not really set up for drag racing right now. I will probably wait until I build the bottom end before I take it to the strip. This car has very little traction in a straight line. As soon as you get on the gas a little too hard the car drifts sideways everytime. I need to swap out the VSLD for a true posi differential.

Right now I just want to put the car in a couple of car shows and see how it does and then next year it will see more track time. Don't get me wrong, I drive this car every night to blow off some steam from working all day. It's not going to be a trailer queen by any means.

I have a dyno chart from the last dyno but it's a little hard to determine the exact numbers due to either the clutch slipping or the wheels slipping on the dyno. You can see there was a huge spike at the point of the slipping that exaggerate the final numbers. Also the dyno didn't have a proper fan to place in front of the intercooler so there was almost zero functionality of the intercooler during the runs. I figure I am getting around 420 rwhp with everything taken into account.

Attached Thumbnails G35 Featured in June PAS magazine!-web-dyno-run.jpg  
Old 06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Sammy... didn't see your car on cover of June issue. Does this mean it will be on July issue due out soon??

Old 06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
www.pasmag.com .

Enjoy the write up about Sams' beast!!!

Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 PM
hmmm.. I read the article and it stated:

A respectable 330 horses transfer through the Exedy Carbon Single clutch to the rear wheels, which is close to a 100hp increase over the stock baseline.
Did you upgrade something else after that? As you stated that you have 420 hp... or Am i reading wrong?

Old 06-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by BbyG35
Sammy... didn't see your car on cover of June issue. Does this mean it will be on July issue due out soon??
As far as I know the June issue hasn't been released yet. Did you see a June issue somewhere?

Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
hmmm.. I read the article and it stated:

Did you upgrade something else after that? As you stated that you have 420 hp... or Am i reading wrong?
That was before AAM retuned the car with the new fuel system, 3/8" plenum spacer, ECU flash and e-manage remapping.

There will be a follow-up article stating the new numbers later.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Usually the issues come out almost a month early. The June issue has been out for almost a month now -- and I searched through it to find the article, but couldn't find it.

The July issue should be out this week.

The on-line article is available for reading per your link in an earlier post

Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by BbyG35
Usually the issues come out almost a month early. The June issue has been out for almost a month now -- and I searched through it to find the article, but couldn't find it.

The July issue should be out this week.

The on-line article is available for reading per your link in an earlier post
Then it must be the July issue. It's whatever issue that is coming out next. The last issue said April/May on it so I thought the next issue would be Jun/Jul. It also said on the last issue for the retailers to display the mag until Jun 15, so I assume that it will be on the shelves by Jun 16.

You wont be able to miss it because I'm on the cover as the feature ride called "G-Unit". I'd post the cover but I don't want to ruin it for those that want to wait for the mag.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Featured in June PAS magazine!