Canada Serving Canada.

Modified your car? You're a street racer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modified your car? You're a street racer...

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...1-015/page.asp

The particularly disturbing part is this...

"Police in all the G.T.A. cities, along with Barrie, South Simcoe, Guelph, Ottawa, London and Waterloo have been given special powers to seize and impound cars that have been specially modified for speed."

It appears they can seize cars at their discretion if you have any modifications.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Balzz
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...1-015/page.asp

The particularly disturbing part is this...

"Police in all the G.T.A. cities, along with Barrie, South Simcoe, Guelph, Ottawa, London and Waterloo have been given special powers to seize and impound cars that have been specially modified for speed."

It appears they can seize cars at their discretion if you have any modifications.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless your car is really loud or you're caught speeding.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:30 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Shane, That could be very disturbing if they take it too far, but I'm sure their intent is to catch these guys out racing at all hours of the night. We've all heard them, and maybe even seen them , at 4am going mad.

It's just what I've heard from people.....really,..... nobody I know would partake in anything so sinister.

C.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Shane, That could be very disturbing if they take it too far, but I'm sure their intent is to catch these guys out racing at all hours of the night. We've all heard them, and maybe even seen them , at 4am going mad.
Agreed, but it looks like they're going to start harassing people just for "looking fast" (Celica drivers could be in trouble ). My G is pretty much stock so I'm not worried for myself right now, but this sets a bad precedent IMO. They're not stepping up their efforts to catch people in the act, they're stepping up effort to catch people who they think may participate in street racing.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by AdamsInfiniti
In the same vein, street racing with an unmodified vehicle is every bit as bad as street racing with a modified one, so treat them the same, too.
Absolutely!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:35 AM
If a street racing has increase every day and night, then the government or the ppl should open an other race track or a place for a street racer, not a drag racer. Not many tracks are available for the street racers. Many tracks are booked and there is no time for them to book it on time. Using the race track (Striaght line), it may or will prevent many street racers getting tickets and hopefully will reduce the death rate, but I think it is the only way to get them off the street in a safer way.

My friend and I were thinking of opening up a small track for street racers and the investment will be large such as location, insurance, lawyers (for noise problem in the area if resident complains, or ppl sueing), etc. We can charge it for a less fees and open for 24 hours. *just an idea*

Old 06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
If a street racing has increase every day and night, then the government or the ppl should open an other race track or a place for a street racer, not a drag racer. Not many tracks are available for the street racers. Many tracks are booked and there is no time for them to book it on time. Using the race track (Striaght line), it may or will prevent many street racers getting tickets and hopefully will reduce the death rate, but I think it is the only way to get them off the street in a safer way.
There have been many cases of cops setting up shop just outside a track as well to stop cars as they're leaving. So much for encouraging people to keep it off the streets.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
We need to stop this automotive profiling.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Did they mention what is consider of modified?

Old 06-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Gee, thanks for the highly informative and mature post!!

(sorry Shane, I had to remove his quote too.) UGGGGG
C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 06-02-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Gee, thanks for the highly informative and mature post!!
Agreed Shane, I think it's better to just disregard that post .

Old 06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by WolfsterX

My friend and I were thinking of opening up a small track for street racers and the investment will be large such as location, insurance, lawyers (for noise problem in the area if resident complains, or ppl sueing), etc. We can charge it for a less fees and open for 24 hours. *just an idea*
Yes that's a good answer to the issue. I wish (and many of us) they'd do that. There simply isn't enough organized racing and facilities around.
C.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Texasscout, You may not have intended to upset us, but your recent post with attachment wasn't appreciated. I couldn't allow it to stay.

Colin.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Texasscout, You may not have intended to upset us, but your recent post with attachment wasn't appreciated. I couldn't allow it to stay.

Colin.

I personally think the intention was quite clear....but anyways. Good work removing that garbage Colin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified your car? You're a street racer...