Canada Serving Canada.

Modified your car? You're a street racer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005 | 10:35 PM
Police Spot Checks

As I was driving home tonight I came to a police spot check. They were here in Mississauga down a road where you can't see them before it's too late and nowhere to turn.

Anyway, as I approached it I saw there were 3 cruisers on one side of the road and 3 on the opposite direction. There was one (undercover) hidden in the street before the check point and one about a block after.

At first I thought it was the RIDE program in place, but it looked strange since it was early (7pm). Anyway, it became very clear to me as I got closer that they were checking cars. They had a couple of Civics and Acuras on the side of the road talking to the drivers.

I thought I was gonna get stopped, but they just waved me through. This must be part of the ERASE program that kicked in this week here in Ontario. I am surprised to see the police has gone as far as setting up spot checks like this.

The whole idea that moded cars are illegal and subject to seizure is just stupid, and I hope it gets challenged.

I agree with the idea of getting street racers off the road, but this is clearly profiling.

Old 06-04-2005 | 10:59 PM
Thumbs up

because of MISS CANADA...errr.. MISS UNIVERSE!... GOD.. SHE's HOT!!
You must give credit where credit is due....

BTW... This post STARTED as politics...

Police in all the G.T.A. cities, along with Barrie, South Simcoe, Guelph, Ottawa, London and Waterloo have been given special powers to seize and impound cars that have been specially modified for speed.
This is the politics of a POLICE STATE impounding you car because you have a few speed parts on it. It will take POILITICS (or the courts, how long will THAT take)to get this police over turned. If that isn't POLITICS I don't know what is!

I am NOT for street racing! This stuff belongs on a track. The city and provincial governments should provide a way for these guys to shoot it out on a track and keep it off the streets. Open up an unused runway for a Saturday/Sunday. Charge a few bucks to cover the cities insurance and make them sign a waver of liability and let them race!

Last edited by Texasscout; 06-04-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2005 | 08:46 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Texasscout
You must give credit where credit is due....

BTW... This post STARTED as politics...

This is the politics of a POLICE STATE impounding you car because you have a few speed parts on it. It will take POILITICS (or the courts, how long will THAT take)to get this police over turned. If that isn't POLITICS I don't know what is!

I am NOT for street racing! This stuff belongs on a track. The city and provincial governments should provide a way for these guys to shoot it out on a track and keep it off the streets. Open up an unused runway for a Saturday/Sunday. Charge a few bucks to cover the cities insurance and make them sign a waver of liability and let them race!
I tried hard to stay away from this thread, however I just can't do it. Your inititial post with attachment was extremely offensive. Why you would post something like that in a Canadian forum is beyond me. Your lack of respect for the Canadian members is quite apparent. If you don't like Canada, fine....but next time it would be appreciated if you could keep your offensive material to yourself.

And I find it quite ironic that you talk down on Canadian healthcare.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-06-2005 at 10:48 AM.