Canada Serving Canada.

www.infiniti-parts.com - Anybody buy from these guys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:15 PM
BMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.infiniti-parts.com - Anybody buy from these guys?

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any purchase experience with Infiniti-parts.com ???

I have bought online from everythingg35.com (my Eibachs) and my clear corners from Oakville Infiniti-Nissan and I know about Grubbs, but I was looking for another alternative vendor of the aero front bumper / side sills / rear valance. I found these guys when scouring the freshalloy.com forums.

Have any of you bought product from these guys?

I would otherwise buy the front bumper from Justin at everythingg35, but I saw the post in the sedan forum chronicling a bad experience. Even with my Eibachs they were a little late in delivery - they had told me they were on backorder and that it would just be a matter of days, but I had to be the one to initiate follow-up on the status of the order. There were also examples when Justin would say he would contact me but didn't, until I followed up. I realize these guys are busy, but do they only have ONE guy handling everything over there?

I guess I'm a little gun shy with major purchases from the U.S., given nightmare experience when I purchased by wheel/tire package. Seems like sometimes the Canadian orders take a backseat to the U.S. customers!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Joel- I don't know anything about that place but I believe inTgr8r had his Nismo front end shipped to Toronto from everything and his experience was good. Perhaps pm him to get his views and particulars on the purchase. That front end does look awesome .
Wayne

Old 06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have in the past. They are Ok, however, I ordered all weather mats last week and I havent received them up to now!

Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 PM
BMC
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Joel- I don't know anything about that place but I believe inTgr8r had his Nismo front end shipped to Toronto from everything and his experience was good. Perhaps pm him to get his views and particulars on the purchase. That front end does look awesome .
Wayne
Wayne, I did ask Ian some questions some time ago about his Nismo front bumper cover and it looks like he got his on time. Sometimes it's nice to have more than one vendor of a specific product to choose from, instead of just one or two out there that corner the market - the customers are at their mercy in the latter case. I guess with the Nismo aero kit us Canadians don't have that luxury.

The guy at Oakville Infiniti-Nissan told me that they will soon be a NISMO dealer. Didn't give me any specific date as to when that will be, but it would be nice to be able to order parts from Canada instead of from the U.S.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BMC
Wayne, I did ask Ian some questions some time ago about his Nismo front bumper cover and it looks like he got his on time. Sometimes it's nice to have more than one vendor of a specific product to choose from, instead of just one or two out there that corner the market - the customers are at their mercy in the latter case. I guess with the Nismo aero kit us Canadians don't have that luxury.

The guy at Oakville Infiniti-Nissan told me that they will soon be a NISMO dealer. Didn't give me any specific date as to when that will be, but it would be nice to be able to order parts from Canada instead of from the U.S.
I agree Joel, it would be great to get things this side of the border. Definitely would be plus if Oakville Infiniti could get more, I have only dealt with their parts desk one time and they were very helpful, seemed like good people to deal with.
Possibly Yorkville Infiniti in Toronto might be able to get your goodies. Give Jerry the Parts & Service Manager a call, his email and phone # are: jliu@dfcauto.com or call 416-975-2623. Gsedanman got his aero kit for his M through Yorkville.
Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 06-17-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I did get a quote from Infiniti-parts before ordering from Justin.
They had a better published price, but wanted a small fortune for shipping.

I phoned Justin & got a MUCH better deal.
They ship surface for a large object like that, which can introduce a few time variables.
Mine arrived on the exact day that they said it should.

From my experiences (at least 3 different orders) I have only good things to say about EverythingG35.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Talking

I'm resurecting an old thread after doing a search.

It's my understanding that if an item is shipped 'ground' that I don't have to worry about brokerage fees. Is this true?

I don't mind ordering things from the states, but I'm always leary about brokerage charges since they seem to be pretty random (i.e I have no idea what they'll be until the item shows up). By the way, when I say 'I', I actually mean friends, since I let them be my guinea pig!

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I did get a quote from Infiniti-parts before ordering from Justin.
They had a better published price, but wanted a small fortune for shipping.

I phoned Justin & got a MUCH better deal.
They ship surface for a large object like that, which can introduce a few time variables.
Mine arrived on the exact day that they said it should.

From my experiences (at least 3 different orders) I have only good things to say about EverythingG35.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Jerry is not at Yorkville anymore...

Originally Posted by GEE35X
Possibly Yorkville Infiniti in Toronto might be able to get your goodies. Give Jerry the Parts & Service Manager a call, his email and phone # are: jliu@dfcauto.com or call 416-975-2623. Gsedanman got his aero kit for his M through Yorkville.
Wayne
Wayne,
I don't know if you heard, but Jerry is no longer at Yorkville (though he is still very much alive and kicking on the site!) but he is now over at Erin Mills mazda as their service manager there.
Al

Old 03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Wayne,
I don't know if you heard, but Jerry is no longer at Yorkville (though he is still very much alive and kicking on the site!) but he is now over at Erin Mills mazda as their service manager there.
Al
Kami.. you probably didn't notice the date of Wayne's post

Old 03-14-2006, 05:17 PM
That would be my fault for resurecting such an old thread, but I was hoping to learn whether or not I could safely, and for a reasonable price, get stuff shipped from everythingG35.

Ian, I think you said you bought stuff from them. Did you pay brokerage? Was the shipping reasonable?

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Kami.. you probably didn't notice the date of Wayne's post

Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Esoteric

It's my understanding that if an item is shipped 'ground' that I don't have to worry about brokerage fees. Is this true?

I don't mind ordering things from the states, but I'm always leary about brokerage charges since they seem to be pretty random (i.e I have no idea what they'll be until the item shows up). By the way, when I say 'I', I actually mean friends, since I let them be my guinea pig!
Actually, it's the opposite, at least from UPS.

If you ship UPS 'overnight', they cover the brokerage. If by ground, they can charge you an exorbitant brokerage fee.

It cost me less to have my Valentine 1 shipped overnight to me, than it would have by ground.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks Gordgee.

So, to summarize my current understanding, when shipping UPS, overnight is the way to go, but if I can avoid UPS altogether and go USPS, then I can avoid brokerage altogether.

Of course, I also understand that you can't ship oversize items USPS.

So are there ways to minimize the brokerage fees, or do you just ship it and hope for the best? I've heard of people minimizing the declared value, but i'm looking for 'legitimate' ways to lower the brokerage fees, as I don't want to risk losing my money should there be a problem with the items.

Originally Posted by Gordgee
Actually, it's the opposite, at least from UPS.

If you ship UPS 'overnight', they cover the brokerage. If by ground, they can charge you an exorbitant brokerage fee.

It cost me less to have my Valentine 1 shipped overnight to me, than it would have by ground.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Here's one thing to be cautious of. I've recently ordered the following into Canada

1. HKS Hi Powered Exhaust

2. Front and Rear splash guards and OEM front lip

3. Tokico/Tein combo

All three from different vendors. The first said they had to use UPS because the item was considered oversized. However, he dropped the value huge and I didnt pay much in COD fees

The second was bought from everythingg35.com and I was promised FedEx when I ordered. It was a condition of my order - NO UPS. How did it show up? UPS. Big COD charges.

The third was bought from Creative Autoworks and again, on the condition of NO UPS. I have the PM exchanges still. I was promised USPS. How did it show up? UPS. BIg COD charges.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eledin
Here's one thing to be cautious of. I've recently ordered the following into Canada

1. HKS Hi Powered Exhaust

2. Front and Rear splash guards and OEM front lip

3. Tokico/Tein combo

All three from different vendors. The first said they had to use UPS because the item was considered oversized. However, he dropped the value huge and I didnt pay much in COD fees

The second was bought from everythingg35.com and I was promised FedEx when I ordered. It was a condition of my order - NO UPS. How did it show up? UPS. Big COD charges.

The third was bought from Creative Autoworks and again, on the condition of NO UPS. I have the PM exchanges still. I was promised USPS. How did it show up? UPS. BIg COD charges.
Actually UPS is my preferred carrier. The COD charges are the taxes (GST, PST) on the goods you're buying. Even if you used Fedex or USPS you'll still have to pay those no matter what. The only thing you can save money on is on the BROKERAGE fee if you use USPS.

I can't understand why UPS is hated so much when it comes to this. FEDEX, DHL, PUROLATOR and all others are subject to the same rules imposed by Canada Customs.

There are ways to save money on the tax, duties and brokerage. Everytime I buy something from the USA I tell my vendors how to do the paperwork, choose the carrier and ask for a tracking number.

In my case, UPS has been excellent. Just this week my wheels were scheduled to arrive on Tuesday but were late becasue they made a mistake on the entry to Canada customs so they waived the brokerage fee and arranged to have my wheels delivered within an hour after our phone conversation.

When FEDEX brings my stuff in, I ask them to call me when the goods arrive and I clear it myself with customs. Their customs brokerage arm (FEDEX TRADE NETWORKS) is horrible in my experience in getting things done in a timely fashion.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chico
Actually UPS is my preferred carrier. The COD charges are the taxes (GST, PST) on the goods you're buying. Even if you used Fedex or USPS you'll still have to pay those no matter what. The only thing you can save money on is on the BROKERAGE fee if you use USPS.

I can't understand why UPS is hated so much when it comes to this. FEDEX, DHL, PUROLATOR and all others are subject to the same rules imposed by Canada Customs.

There are ways to save money on the tax, duties and brokerage. Everytime I buy something from the USA I tell my vendors how to do the paperwork, choose the carrier and ask for a tracking number.

In my case, UPS has been excellent. Just this week my wheels were scheduled to arrive on Tuesday but were late becasue they made a mistake on the entry to Canada customs so they waived the brokerage fee and arranged to have my wheels delivered within an hour after our phone conversation.

When FEDEX brings my stuff in, I ask them to call me when the goods arrive and I clear it myself with customs. Their customs brokerage arm (FEDEX TRADE NETWORKS) is horrible in my experience in getting things done in a timely fashion.
I would agree UPS has a good service and is the carrier of choice for my business goods arriving from the States. IMHO their brokerage charges are a little more but the service has been good. UPS is working to expand market share/service into Canada and now has rebranded all of the MailBoxes Etc. stores as The UPS Store following the same recent conversions in the U.S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: www.infiniti-parts.com - Anybody buy from these guys?