Canada Serving Canada.

Got my snows...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my snows...

reposted from another board.. thought you fellow canucks might be interested in case you don't read freshalloy..
----------------
Yay, after endless delays, I finally got up my wheels and tires today!

So I'm running SE Fox 5's with Blizzak LM-22's on a coupe with Brembos.. They fit. 225/50/17 front, 235/50/17 rear.

When I first mounted my front tire, the wheel wouldn't sit snuggly but I kept tightening (stupid).. after I torqued it properly, I remembered the tire guy telling me to remove the pin (actually a screw) from the front brake assembly before mounting the front wheels.. DOH! I had managed to partially embed the screw into my new wheel Anyway, after removing it everything fit much better.

The screw is there apparently so you don't accidently rotate your wheels and put the larger rears on the front. Of course I was idiotic enough to outsmart them by continuing to tighten the wheels even though I felt something was wrong...

So I took her out in -10C weather this evening, lots of snow and icy sections on the road. Handled perfectly... I found an empty parking lot and fooled around for a bit. I could feel the VDC/LSD working as I tried to break the rear loose.. it's quite easy to do if you really want to, but the car is brought back under control quickly. VCD off is another story... krispy kreme city!

The ride is noticably softer.. bigger sidewalls, plus the tires came inflated to around 33lbs, whereas I was running the 18" factory tires at 35lbs. Handling was still ok, but I didn't push her on the streets since it was still slippery and many cars on the road.

Anyway, I'm happy to finally be able to drive again! 3 weeks old and less tham 300km for the garage queen! Soon to be fixed

Old 12-04-2002, 07:32 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Got my snows...

Great news. You can finally get some k's on it. That screw you mentioned: there to stop you mounting the rears on the front???? Strange! I'll have to wait and see in person.
My dealer arranged a deal for me: 17" Enkei CDR-9's and Yokohama AVS-901 winters. The settup looks similar to stock 18's and the price $2100 installed. Pricey but looks good.( and hopefully works good too). They're sitting in my L/R waiting for my Coupe to arrive.
Later.........Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.