Canada Serving Canada.

1st service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 04:49 PM
Mik
|
1st service

just had my 1st service completed on my G35 6MT sedan. had it done at Hyatt Infiniti in Calgary. good service for the most part. only took about an hour and they washed the car... not that it needed it. price for the service was under $60.00 which i consider reasonable.

the one complaint i had was that the clutch pedal clicks each time i depress it. they said that they weren't able to isolate the problem, but did ad more foam insulation to lessen the noise. we'll see how that goes. not really satisfied with the fix though. i think the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted a bit, so i'll be looking up the DIY for that here.

Hyatt Infiniti said that they use non-synthetic oil until the 12000km service. after that, they use Mobil 1 synthetic.

question... do i need another oil change before my next service?

thanks

Old 08-08-2005 | 05:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hi Mik, Congrats on the new ride. Sounds like you're getting decent service where you are.
I change my oil about every 4.5 to 5k kilometers, so you'll have to judge from there.

Not sure if there's a DIY on clutch adjustment, but there's been talk of it on the forums lately. You may find what you need in there.

Welcome to G35Driver..we look forward to hearing about (and seeing) your new ride.
C.

Old 08-08-2005 | 05:30 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Mik
just had my 1st service completed on my G35 6MT sedan. had it done at Hyatt Infiniti in Calgary. good service for the most part. only took about an hour and they washed the car... not that it needed it. price for the service was under $60.00 which i consider reasonable.

the one complaint i had was that the clutch pedal clicks each time i depress it. they said that they weren't able to isolate the problem, but did ad more foam insulation to lessen the noise. we'll see how that goes. not really satisfied with the fix though. i think the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted a bit, so i'll be looking up the DIY for that here.

Hyatt Infiniti said that they use non-synthetic oil until the 12000km service. after that, they use Mobil 1 synthetic.

question... do i need another oil change before my next service?
thanks
Hi mik,
Congrats on the new ride. I have an '04 6mt and had that same clicking with the clutch pedal that was sporadic but more often than not. I isolated it to the little pin/linkage under the pedal and brought it in to the dealer. The reason it was sporadic was the pin would roll around and sometimes land in tighter position than before. They ordered the new parts and now it works like it should. The mechanic said to me he was surprised how much improvement there was with the new pin and it really showed how sloppy the other one was.

Old 08-09-2005 | 06:09 PM
Mik
|
thanks guys,

i'll look into that pin!

now... to find a good detail shop to buff out the scratches... grrrr....

Old 08-09-2005 | 07:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Nice catch Deane...
- LUV this place

Old 08-09-2005 | 08:43 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Nice catch Deane...
- LUV this place
Thanks Ian.
Yep, that makes two of us. I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing the job you're working on now with your G.