Canada Serving Canada.

How much to pay for remote starter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Albert, is that you? If so, I didn't know your driving a G. I thought you bought a Mini?!?

It's Rich from Torontomaxima.com BTW.

Anyways, yeah I'm in the market for a Compustar Alarm for the G35 also. I wanted to remove it from the Max and have it installed on the G35 but I figured paying labour for removal and then install will prob cost the same as buying a new unit w/ install. I'll prob contact Jeff (Audio Heaven) and Jeff (Lockdown) for price comparison.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Also, if there's enough interest. We can set up a group buy. I know Audio Heaven would be more then happy to set one up as this is how I originally got one for the Maxima. Besides, If there's 5 or more G35's for them to do, I'm sure they will know what they're doing after running through a few installs. I'm just be the fifth install after all the bugs are worked out J/K - I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by klubjunkee
Hey Albert, is that you? If so, I didn't know your driving a G. I thought you bought a Mini?!?

It's Rich from Torontomaxima.com BTW.

Anyways, yeah I'm in the market for a Compustar Alarm for the G35 also. I wanted to remove it from the Max and have it installed on the G35 but I figured paying labour for removal and then install will prob cost the same as buying a new unit w/ install. I'll prob contact Jeff (Audio Heaven) and Jeff (Lockdown) for price comparison.
Mini??? Where would you have gotten that info???

Good to have you join the G world, Rich! I'm sure you're lovin' the car, so I won't bother telling you how great they are.

I've got a friend in the install industry and he was telling me about a clifford unit that he recommended, he didn't have too many good words for compustart. I'm just mostly worried about the intelli-key stuff, but I did buy the auto so I could get remote start installed, so one way or another...

Good to hear from ya, Rich. Jer still post-***** at TM?

Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Hello Everyone

This is Jeff from LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.. Just to be clear to all admins, I am not advertising here just responding to questions from fellow forum members. We will start the process very shortly to become affiliates as we can see there are a number of products/services we can assist with here.

Just to clear the air in terms of our pricing that was listed here, that pricing reflects the use of advanced bypass/doorlock integration modules which have been recently released and allow us to install remote start/security products much easier than previously able to on both Infiniti and Nissan vehicles. The modules which we use now enable us to integrate with the factory immobilizer/factory security/doorlock system much easier now than even 6 months ago.

Before the release of these integration modules we used to have to hardwire aftermarket products directly into various circuits of the vehicle, now the modules allow us to seamlessly integrate with the vehicles databus system and make the aftermarket system act like factory and control all factory options.

Our modules are from BYPASSKITS.com, that is both the brand and the website address for you to check these products out. For everyone's reference the immobilizer bypass module DOES NOT REQUIRE A KEY TO BE GIVEN UP!! It is what is known as a KEYLESS module and WILL WORK ON 2006 model Infiniti/Nissan vehicles using the intelligent key/remote which stays in your pocket to drive the vehicle. They also function on 2005 older Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.

Please be advised we WILL NOT BE POSTING prices here UNTIL we become affiliates, we respect any affiliates currently on this forum and do not want to step on any toes here. If you would to contact us please do so at:

www.lockdownsecurity.ca
info@lockdownsecurity.ca (BY FAR THE BEST WAY TO REACH US)
(647)-435-5896 (we are very busy during the day and may not always answer this line, please please leave a message and we will call you back!)

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
i got a quote from compustar for $700 installed for their newest remote start system with alarm P2WSS-AS. It will be released in about a month what do you guys thing of the price.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
lockdownsecurity

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but did anyone ever get an alarm installed at lockdownsecurity? I went to see them today and Jeff gave me a good deal on a 2 way alarm with shock and tilt sensors. I am just curious as to how reliable they are.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by alphabit
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but did anyone ever get an alarm installed at lockdownsecurity? I went to see them today and Jeff gave me a good deal on a 2 way alarm with shock and tilt sensors. I am just curious as to how reliable they are.
What alarm did he offer you?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd say no more than 500.00 installed.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by SammyJL
What alarm did he offer you?
He offered my the viper 5000. He has the compustar pro as well, but said the LCD on the viper was more detailed or something like that.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Jeff has done will over 50+ cars on my old Toprotege.com board and countless others.

He did my work on my last show car (sponsored by Clarion)

I am going to have him do work on my G35 this summer.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
I'd say no more than 500.00 installed.
Are you familiar with the Canadian market?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Is it fair to say that most alarms are created equal and it comes down to brand preference. The 3 companies I have been looking at are: Clifford, Viper and Compustar.

Thanks

Peter

Old 04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
This is the one that I am getting. I don't know how good it is, but it looks alright to me.

Attached Thumbnails How much to pay for remote starter?-autopage900.jpg