Canada Serving Canada.

I'm done with Yorkville

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:16 AM
See you later Jerry

Jerry:

Best of luck with your future endeavors! I definitely know what a struggle it is to find something to do that inspires you. In fact, both my wife and myself have just recently changed careers. I even changed the industry I work in!

I was just going to get all the dings and scratches fixed on the coupe. At least you no longer have to look in pain with me every few months when I come to the service centre to show you what other damage my wife caused to the car!

Sincerely,
Alex and Joanna

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:20 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
oh man and I booked an appointment this sat to go to Yorkville to have my first oil change. Do I still go to Yorkville or should i go to other Infiniti dealer. Someone give me some suggestion since this is my first real car.
If it's just the first oil change it's no biggie, but...
it would be good to establish a relationship with a dealer you can trust.

What area are you in?

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:22 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by duhprez
Yorkville Infiniti will realize the errors of their ways when they will see all the business they've lost.

But now we're all up the creek without a paddle.

Jerry...we're all waiting for you to open up your own Infiniti dealership or at least a service centre!

Greener Pastures?
& do custom work, like exhaust systems

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:42 AM
Well I am in the North York area so I am kind of smack in the middle of all the infiniti dealer.

Old 09-20-2005 | 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your departure Jerry. It was a pleasure (for once in my life) getting my car serviced at a dealership....all thanks to you.

Good luck in the future!

Old 09-20-2005 | 05:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Guys,
I'm not sure what Jerry will say about our continued patronage at Infiniti of Y., but from my experience, I've been happy with them, and impressed with their professionalism and care towards my cars.
The service department's front end is always very helpful and efficient and the floor staff has been very good with service on my cars.

I'm not encouraging anyone to continue with them, but I am saying that all my experience with them leads me to believe that doing so would probably be ok. Time would tell in any case.

I would not be shy about returning there, and would hope that Jerry's replacement will be as helpful and friendly.

It's up to you what you do, but Jerry may be too busy for a while, and may not have time to visit here real soon.

My .02

Colin.

Old 09-20-2005 | 07:56 PM
Once again, wish you all the best Jerry..

even though I have some doubts if i should go back to Infiniti of Yorkville..
because for many times, it is Jerry that fixes the stuff for me..

godmans

Old 09-20-2005 | 08:19 PM
Jerry,
Sorry to hear you are leaving I of Y, I appreciate all your advice an knowledge and hope the team there can keep up what you help start. Hopefully they will keep up to date with toys that won't void warranty.

Good luck in your future endevours, and keep us posted on where you land.

H8TOBL8T

Old 09-20-2005 | 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by godmans
Once again, wish you all the best Jerry..

even though I have some doubts if i should go back to Infiniti of Yorkville..
because for many times, it is Jerry that fixes the stuff for me..

godmans
+1, same here... now i'm thinking going to Infiniti of Oakville.. a really big place and clean too!

Old 09-20-2005 | 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
+1, same here... now i'm thinking going to Infiniti of Oakville.. a really big place and clean too!
I can say first hand the service people there are good guys and know their stuff about modded G's. They also carry many aftermarket parts like Stillen and Nismo.

I had my first oil change there and knew my car had a few mods and did not say a thing about it but just compliments.

Just like WolfterX said it is nice, clean, lots of parking, TV lounge and a nice cafeteria.

Old 09-20-2005 | 11:04 PM
Which dealer?

Originally Posted by Chico
I can say first hand the service people there are good guys and know their stuff about modded G's. They also carry many aftermarket parts like Stillen and Nismo.

I had my first oil change there and knew my car had a few mods and did not say a thing about it but just compliments.

Just like WolfterX said it is nice, clean, lots of parking, TV lounge and a nice cafeteria.
Maybe it's worth a drive to check them out.....all the waaaaaay from Scarberia. I got to meet Jamie Wilson, the parts manager at Oakville Nissan Infiniti when I was at the Z-Fest this past weekend. Really nice guy and right into the mod scene.

But I also agree with some of the comments regarding the mechanics at Yorkville. Great bunch of guys and know their stuff. They're also right into the mod scene which is alot more fun than your run of the mill oil change or factory service schedules.

Old 09-20-2005 | 11:09 PM
Angry Jerry..

damn..
now i am lost lol... i just moved .. and now i live so close to the
Infiniti of Yorkville Service department lol..like 5 mins of drive !

where should i go for service !?

Old 09-21-2005 | 12:41 PM
|
Hey guys, thanks for the props, it was a great pleasure dealing with all you guys. It made going to work very interesting and fun. I liked doing the mods that did not affect warranty, but still yeilded the FUN FACTOR.

In terms of service I do belive they have a very competent manager now, his name is Mario. He comes from Acura, and he used to own his own shop so he has been in the business for awhile, I wish him good luck working there. I don't think things will be any different in service reception or quality of work, so I would say give them a go. There is always good techs that work there, and they are always eager to please.

However pricing will be an issue, I always offered the G35driver members a special discount, not sure if they will honor this any longer. To give you and idea, the standard LOF is $106.72 including taxes. This includes a wash and a light vacuuming, and if prebooked a service loaner is available.

I will always check here, once again thanks for all the support. Till then!

Old 09-21-2005 | 10:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Keep us in the loop, Jerry. You know we'd love to know how it goes, bro.

I'll give Mario a call sometime for a 'chat' --

Hope to hook up with you at a future meet.
Colin.

Old 09-22-2005 | 01:27 AM
Hmm

Hey Colin,

Let us know how your....uhhh..."Chat"....goes...

Ben

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm done with Yorkville