Canada Serving Canada.

Canadian XM G35's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canadian XM G35's

Anyone install the factory XM (or Sirius) tuner from everythingg35.com? I just ordered one Monday and am dying to get it in (hasn't arrived yet). I've had add on XM tuners in my other cars for a couple of years now and it's driving me nuts not having it. I hate local FM radio and the MP3 is good, but I just miss the variety.

So anyone got it in Canada??

Thanks.

Albert

Old 10-21-2005, 05:47 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by akrus
Anyone install the factory XM (or Sirius) tuner from everythingg35.com? I just ordered one Monday and am dying to get it in (hasn't arrived yet). I've had add on XM tuners in my other cars for a couple of years now and it's driving me nuts not having it. I hate local FM radio and the MP3 is good, but I just miss the variety.

So anyone got it in Canada??

Thanks.

Albert
Hi Akrus,
I've not had any experience with XM yet in any of my rides including all my Infinitis.
But I am interested in it, and would like to know how your install goes along with how good reception is.
Please let us know , and are you in the East or West, and are you installing XM yourself?

I look forward to hearing about it. g/l

Colin.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Colin. I'll be installing it myself and am confident that it will work fine. My past units would only drop reception if I was beside a tractor trailer on the north-east side of it (satellites are south west), but that rarely happened. the other times would be under a covered garage or a bridge - being under a bridge for less than 3-4 seconds wouldn't cause any problems, so that's very rare.

I live in Kitchener.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts and any locals are more than welcome to check it out/ask questions once I get it.

Albert

Old 10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Colin. I'll be installing it myself and am confident that it will work fine. My past units would only drop reception if I was beside a tractor trailer on the north-east side of it (satellites are south west), but that rarely happened. the other times would be under a covered garage or a bridge - being under a bridge for less than 3-4 seconds wouldn't cause any problems, so that's very rare.

I live in Kitchener.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts and any locals are more than welcome to check it out/ask questions once I get it.

Albert
Excellent Albert.....I'd like to hear about it and maybe see it once it's in.
TNX and good luck.
Colin.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:29 PM
The XM tuner finally arrived. Here are the details:

- Left Arizona via UPS Oct 18 (ordered from www.everythingg35.com);
- $261USD for tuner/antenna and mounting stuff;
- $10USD for shipping;
- credit card billed for $360CDN;
- package arrived in Kitchener, ON Oct 25;
- COD of $96 CDN - $46 GST; $46 brokerage; $3 GST on brokerage

I haven't installed it yet, but will probably do that Thursday. I have opened the boxes and looked inside, but that's it.

Now, I await my snows from Tirerack...

Albert

Old 10-26-2005, 07:25 PM

So, it appears that the 2005 Canadian sedan is NOT pre-wired to accept the XM tuner

I just took the trim pieces off the trunk panels and there is no N-Bus wiring as indicated by the instructions provided by www.everythingg35.com. When speaking with Dan at Scottsdale Infiniti ( home of www.everythingg35.com ) he believed that all 2004 and newer G's were prewired (as makes sense...). I'm on the phone with him right now to see about the harness that they also sell, but I'm leary as to whether or not that will work - trying to get confirmation that the harness will work.

Just got off the phone and have a return authorization from Dan. He couldn't find any sort of instructions so I've decided that it's wiser to return the tuner than pay bokerage and GST on something that may not work. This way I'm just out the $100 that UPS and good ole Canada charged me, as well as return shipping. I'm so disappointed that the car isn't pre-wired.

So, it's costing me a bit, but hopefully someone else won't get burned.

Albert

Last edited by akrus; 10-26-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check pm. I am interested to buy it off you.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering how you were going to hook it up. When I looked into hooking up my ipod, I realized it was not prewired (another indicator was lack of a SAT button like the US models).

Old 10-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Balzz
I was wondering how you were going to hook it up. When I looked into hooking up my ipod, I realized it was not prewired (another indicator was lack of a SAT button like the US models).
2005 owner's manual states that SAT1 and SAT2 show up when pressing RADIO button, just like AM and FM - that's in the Canadian manual in my car. This lead me to believe that it would be there since there was reference to it's operation. I should have taken the car apart when I first spoke with everythingg35, but I was assured it would be there as he told me that they had shipped to Canadians before.

It just doesn't make sense that they would not install it in the Canadian cars as we are a tiny percentage of the overall G market.

I do wish I'd have heard from you earlier, or at least read something about the Canadian cars not being pre-wired, prior to ordering the tuner - live and learn.

Albert

Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I ran into the same problems when I bought my Phatbox. Everyone was saying all 04's came with the SAT pre-wire. I guess not the Canadian cars as we didn't have SAT radio at the time. I had to get Phatnoise to send me the n-bus cable to attach to the back of the head unit and it took me half a day tearing up my interior to run the cable to the trunk. But it was definately worth it in the end.

FYI there are some companies that sell this cable for like $30 or so you have to search the internet. It is for nissan CD changers or something like that.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 owner's manual states that SAT1 and SAT2 show up when pressing RADIO button, just like AM and FM - that's in the Canadian manual in my car. This lead me to believe that it would be there since there was reference to it's operation. I should have taken the car apart when I first spoke with everythingg35, but I was assured it would be there as he told me that they had shipped to Canadians before.

It just doesn't make sense that they would not install it in the Canadian cars as we are a tiny percentage of the overall G market.

I do wish I'd have heard from you earlier, or at least read something about the Canadian cars not being pre-wired, prior to ordering the tuner - live and learn.

Albert
My car has the sat button. What does this have to do with it being prewired?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
My car has the sat button. What does this have to do with it being prewired?
I was taking a gamble that the following all added up to a highly likely scenario:

- there is a way to access SAT (RADIO button);
- everythingg35 lists all G's newer than 2004 were pre-wired on their website;
- when I asked everythingg35 whether they know for sure that the Canadian cars are pre-wired, I was told 'yes'. They told me they've sold these kits to Canadians. I now hear that maybe only the coupes are all pre-wired (third party info, not from everythingg35)

Now the next part of the puzzle is to determine whether the plugs are different on the HU, if they match, then ordering the pre-wire kit isn't a big deal. Hoping that the logic and pin-outs for the tuner he sent me is the same as the tuner used for the 05 is the final piece of the puzzle. If the plugs are completely different (and that can be told with pics, fairly easily) then there's no sense in continuing.

Albert

Last edited by akrus; 10-28-2005 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
2005 owner's manual states that SAT1 and SAT2 show up when pressing RADIO button, just like AM and FM - that's in the Canadian manual in my car.
the owner's manual is a generic one that they send out to various locations ie. us and canada. they don't print a specific canadian one. my 05 coupe also is not pre-wired for sat nor do i have a sat button. cheers.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
the owner's manual is a generic one that they send out to various locations ie. us and canada. they don't print a specific canadian one. my 05 coupe also is not pre-wired for sat nor do i have a sat button. cheers.
US 05 coupe/sedans don't have SAT button either. They use RADIO button.

Albert

Old 10-28-2005, 01:00 PM
US 05 coupe/sedans don't have SAT button either. They use RADIO button.

Albert
hey your right. wonder why they got rid of it. seems more convenient then tapping the radio button.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian XM G35's