Canada Serving Canada.

Wheel Refinishing! Winter is here -almost!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Refinishing! Winter is here -almost!

Hey guys, I want to let you know that I can also arrange to have your rims repaired and refinished ranging from $130 and up per wheel plus taxes.

The repairs are flawless, and the paint match is very close, Not exact, wheel manufactures do not release colour match info, to help the industry out.

So nicks, gouges, spokes that are scratched can be restored to their former glory. I have had tons of wheels refinished, and unless you actually stare at them you would not know they were redone.

Answers to common questions:

Is the colour match exact?----No! The idea is to hide the unsightly scratches or damage, the colour match is damn close though. Especially if you have to return the car off lease, or resell the car, this is and added selling feature.

I washed my wheels with acid, now the paint is streaked or spotted can I polish this out?---No! The wheel acid - (and many have done this-) has now eaten through the paint, this must be refinished. Never ever spray wheel cleaner on a hot rim!

How long does this take? --- there is 2 ways the refinishing can be done - drop the wheel off to me directly, or I can arrange to pick up if local. Or you can drop the entire car off to me - this process will take 1 day, once the appointment is booked. Otherwise the process takes less than a week.

Do I need to remove my tires?--No! the process can be done with your tires on the rims, and the tires need not be rebalanced.

Is the painting perfect?----Almost - to the best of the abilitiy of the painter. However there maybe the occaisional dust bunny. Which is almost unoticable unless you stare at the rim looking for it.

The wheel cap is a slightly different colour after the rim was refinished why?--The paint on the wheel is a close match and is not exact, so there will be a slight difference, better the rim without the damage then a slightly off colour cap.

Do you just do Infiniti?---No I can have all sorts of wheels refinished, some to their original glory, some as best possible pending the condition of the wheel. It all depends on the extent of the damage and refinishing required.

Warranties??---If the paint falls off there is a warranty- assuming no redamage, if the finish becomes discoloured that is not warranty, my refinisher uses a premium wheel paint. If there is an issue with the painting of the wheel, then I can address this for you, most cases at no charge to you. Blatent redamage of the rim voids warranty.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email mogiemo@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Jerry

Last edited by QRAFTWERKZ; 10-24-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by YORKVILLE
Hey guys, I want to let you know that I can also arrange to have your rims repaired and refinished ranging from $130 and up per wheel plus taxes.

The repairs are flawless, and the paint match is very close, Not exact, wheel manufactures do not release colour match info, to help the industry out.

So nicks, gouges, spokes that are scratched can be restored to their former glory. I have had tons of wheels refinished, and unless you actually stare at them you would not know they were redone.

Answers to common questions:

Is the colour match exact?----No! The idea is to hide the unsightly scratches or damage, the colour match is damn close though. Especially if you have to return the car off lease, or resell the car, this is and added selling feature.

I washed my wheels with acid, now the paint is streaked or spotted can I polish this out?---No! The wheel acid - (and many have done this-) has now eaten through the paint, this must be refinished. Never ever spray wheel cleaner on a hot rim!

How long does this take? --- there is 2 ways the refinishing can be done - drop the wheel off to me directly, or I can arrange to pick up if local. Or you can drop the entire car off to me - this process will take 1 day, once the appointment is booked. Otherwise the process takes less than a week.

Do I need to remove my tires?--No! the process can be done with your tires on the rims, and the tires need not be rebalanced.

Is the painting perfect?----Almost - to the best of the abilitiy of the painter. However there maybe the occaisional dust bunny. Which is almost unoticable unless you stare at the rim looking for it.

The wheel cap is a slightly different colour after the rim was refinished why?--The paint on the wheel is a close match and is not exact, so there will be a slight difference, better the rim without the damage then a slightly off colour cap.

Do you just do Infiniti?---No I can have all sorts of wheels refinished, some to their original glory, some as best possible pending the condition of the wheel. It all depends on the extent of the damage and refinishing required.

Warranties??---If the paint falls off there is a warranty- assuming no redamage, if the finish becomes discoloured that is not warranty, my refinisher uses a premium wheel paint. If there is an issue with the painting of the wheel, then I can address this for you, most cases at no charge to you. Blatent redamage of the rim voids warranty.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email mogiemo@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Jerry
Hey Jerry,

Where are you now? are you on your own?

Old 10-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Lol I am still hunting for a JOB, its tough as nobody is hiring. So to make ends meet I must do a few things here and there. If anyone has ideas as to jobs, that'll be most appreciated.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jerry,
That's a great offer of help, and one which most, if not all, of us can benefit from.
Great to hear from you, sorry to hear that you're still 'looking'....
.. I'm sure that if anyone hears anything at all about a possible employer, they'll holler ASAP...

G/L and thanks for the help with the wheels. I contact you by email soon for more details.....

Colin.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Lol I am still hunting for a JOB, its tough as nobody is hiring. So to make ends meet I must do a few things here and there. If anyone has ideas as to jobs, that'll be most appreciated.

Jerry spoke to oakville infiniti since I was there for an oil change.. They might have an opening at the service counter. Let me know if you want me to put ur name in, since i know most of the folks there.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jerry... my wife curbed her front passanger wheel (mini cooper s). i'd like to get this fixed. where abouts do u do the servicing and how long does it take? we are located at royal york and eglinton. thanks.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Are you planning to install winters on this car, if your are then it makes it really easy. Once you have the wheel off I can have it reapired fairly quickly- you can give me a email at mogie@rogers.com so I can make arrangements for you. Otherwise if you leave me the car it takes 1 day!

Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by M6_G
Jerry spoke to oakville infiniti since I was there for an oil change.. They might have an opening at the service counter. Let me know if you want me to put ur name in, since i know most of the folks there.
Thanks I appreciate the offer-
I cannot imagine going from Service and parts manager to being counter help....sigh...demoted.....

Old 10-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you planning to install winters on this car, if your are then it makes it really easy. Once you have the wheel off I can have it reapired fairly quickly- you can give me a email at mogie@rogers.com so I can make arrangements for you. Otherwise if you leave me the car it takes 1 day!
no winters... they're all-season. what major intersection is the repair place located?

Old 10-28-2005, 01:40 PM
The repair place is mobile!