Canada Serving Canada.

Fuel Pump Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2005 | 04:40 PM
|
Angry Fuel Pump Noise

I don't know if this is normal or not. My '05 sedan M6 fuel pump is just the noisiest thing I have ever heard. its like a lowe frequency rumble that just annoys me to no bleeding end!!

Anyone know if there is a solution to this?? And don't tell me to turn up the radio since I know its still there.

Eeyore

Old 10-25-2005 | 04:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by EEYORE
I don't know if this is normal or not. My '05 sedan M6 fuel pump is just the noisiest thing I have ever heard. its like a lowe frequency rumble that just annoys me to no bleeding end!!

Anyone know if there is a solution to this?? And don't tell me to turn up the radio since I know its still there.

Eeyore
Well you could turn up the radio.......but that wouldn't solve much would it. lol......and if the pump is too noisy, it means that it may be faulty..and in need of replacement.

I know these pumps are quite noisy at the best of times, but a quick trip to the dealer will allow him to see if yours is more noisy than it should be, and perhaps get another one in for you.
G/L and let us know what happens.

BTW, in case I didn't b4-- welcome to G35Driver, and hope to see you at a future meet.
'Grats on the new ride.

Colin

Old 10-26-2005 | 08:40 AM
|
Colin,

by chance you wouldn't be the same person with a new M45 sedan at my Go station that I usually park in??

On another note. I am getting a little concerned with my clutch on the car. On the 2nd or 3rd day after recieving the car, I was up on a hill and still getting used to the clutch and I was revving the engine a little too much as I was loosing my foot holding on the clutch trying to prevent from popping it. What had happen was I a had almost lost total clutch pressure at the peddle, but the clutch was still engaged until I regained control of the peddles. At first, I thought this was some sort of engine/TCS/VDC management control preventing harm from the car and me so I thought nothing of it since the car is normal anyway after that.

Right now, I am getting intermittent popping noises from the clutch as if there was some sort of hydraulic issue. The popping noise sounds like a toilet plunger being removed from the toilet and having that sound. Anyone had this?

thanks

Karim

Old 10-26-2005 | 08:31 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Karim
Sounds like you've got a couple of strange things going on with the clutch operation and noise and the fuel pump noise. I couldn't quite follow what you were saying happened with the clutch while you were on the hill but it doesn't seem normal then or now with the popping sound. I would see the dealer since neither issue seem normal or acceptable.

Old 10-26-2005 | 09:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Karim
Sounds like you've got a couple of strange things going on with the clutch operation and noise and the fuel pump noise. I couldn't quite follow what you were saying happened with the clutch while you were on the hill but it doesn't seem normal then or now with the popping sound. I would see the dealer since neither issue seem normal or acceptable.
That's the best advice Deane....It doesn't sound normal at all, and should be looked at ASAP.
The dealer will quickly determine if the clutch and pressure plate are in order.

Karim. That's not my M you see at the GO, but there sure aren't many around yet, and it's 8 months after it's release....
Only time I see any is in your area, and not many at that. (2 so far)

BTW I'm in Cambridge, about an hour west of you. (small town by comparison)

G/L with the fix(es)-- isn't our warranty great.

Colin

Old 10-26-2005 | 09:16 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Sedanman
That's the best advice Deane....It doesn't sound normal at all, and should be looked at ASAP.
The dealer will quickly determine if the clutch and pressure plate are in order.

Karim. That's not my M you see at the GO, but there sure aren't many around yet, and it's 8 months after it's release....
Only time I see any is in your area, and not many at that. (2 so far)

BTW I'm in Cambridge, about an hour west of you. (small town by comparison)

G/L with the fix(es)-- isn't our warranty great.

Colin
Yep, when in doubt check it out. Especially if it doesn't cost to do so.

Old 10-26-2005 | 10:09 PM
|
Guys,

Thanks for the advice certainly it helps knowing there is someone out there to bounce concerns on. Now the test comes where do I take the car!! This point in time I am tempted to make the drive to Oakville for the oil change and have a look at the car with the issues I have, since its the recommended dealer considering I got my toy from Yorkville just after Jerry left

The closest would be Agincourt but there has been a few issues with them from forum users and I am hesitant to go there as I didnt get a car from them because of availability and need. Any other advise you guys could dispense??

Karim

Old 10-27-2005 | 05:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by EEYORE
Guys,

Thanks for the advice certainly it helps knowing there is someone out there to bounce concerns on. Now the test comes where do I take the car!! This point in time I am tempted to make the drive to Oakville for the oil change and have a look at the car with the issues I have, since its the recommended dealer considering I got my toy from Yorkville just after Jerry left

The closest would be Agincourt but there has been a few issues with them from forum users and I am hesitant to go there as I didnt get a car from them because of availability and need. Any other advise you guys could dispense??

Karim
Karim, don't be concerned with where the car was purchased -- you don't need to go to the same dealer for service......I've been to many different dealers than where my Infinitis were bought and had no issue whatsoever.
The important thing is to find someone you like.
I've been to Guelph Infiniti, and I've been to Oakville Infiniti and been impressed with both.
My brother, who has the Coupe now, has also found Oakville Infiniti to his liking.

As far as "issues"....well you won't find many places that don't have some customers with issues. All I can tell you is what I've found myself (and my family) and so far I'd go back to both those places I mentioned, and I've heard a lot of good things about Oakville INfiniti.....A member who I remember well in that respect is SammyJL (Sam). He's always had good things to say about them.

G/L with the repairs wherever you go.
Colin

Old 10-27-2005 | 06:27 PM
You might want to try Morningside Infiniti. I know they have done some mod's to members rides in the past( Vortec Supercharger). I don't know too much about their service dept as a whole.

B.