Canada Serving Canada.

New Member from Cambridge On.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005 | 05:25 PM
|
Smile New Member from Cambridge On.

Hi guys tomorow I will be picking up my 04' Silver G35 6MT in Oakville, I was undecided between the G and an 04 TL 6MT. After driving both I made the right choice to go for the G35 plus the price of a used one is cheaper than the TL.
I used to own an 02 Maxima 6spd until last Monday when I lost control of it and totaled the car, the accident is a long story but the good thing is that I'm alive and well and I didn't get charged. Once the Insurance gave me the check for the car and I found out my premiums wouldn't go up I started searching, I found this G35 6MT in Oakville last Saturday I testdrove it then went home and did a History check on it to see if it was as good as it drove. on Tuesday I went back and made a deal and now here I am on G35 Driver writing this story.

I have a couple of questions for all of you, you guys probably have heard these questions a hundred times before but I'll ask anyway.
1. I heared there is a way that you can modify the DVD Navigation so it will play movies is this true? if so how much and where can I get this done?
2. I have winter tires with Rav 4 steel rims from my Max do these fit on the G?

Thanks in advance guys and I hpoe there is some members in the K/W Cambridge area so I can get together with you guys next summer

P.S the guys at Toronto Maxima Club (TMEC) say hi, they are a great bunch.

Old 11-24-2005 | 05:52 PM
Hey G-Man (Nisman)....Been waiting for you to get here. Welcome to the site. You will find lots of helpful peeps here. Good luck picking up your ride tomorrow.
Wayne (Frankie from the other site)

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:02 PM
Welcome to the site. Try searching the audio section for the info on the DVD playing. As far as the RAV4 tires go, can't help there as I've got the 05, Jer from TMEC bought my RAV4 wheels and Toyos a couple of months ago.

Glad to hear you came out of your accident ok. You're going to love the G, but miss that there isn't a heated steering wheel, like the Max had. At least I miss that anyway. Why Infiniti didn't do it, is beyond me.

BTW, I'm in Kitchener and was akrus on TMEC as well.

Once again, welcome.

Albert

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:17 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Welcome G-Man. Nice choice of rides.
I'm no electronics expert so can't help you there. I think it is highly doubtful the wheels will fit your G. They will have to be 17's + and only some of those will fit over the Brembos.

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by akrus
As far as the RAV4 tires go, can't help there as I've got the 05, Jer from TMEC bought my RAV4 wheels and Toyos a couple of months ago.
Albert
I sold my Rav4 wheels on the TMEC site also, I think they might fit the 04 sedan since it has the smaller brakes like my 05 X. I sold my old Rav4 rims with the Nokias cause I was always getting vibrations with them because of water freezing on the inside of the rims in the winter, so I never did try them on my G, they were also a bit smaller profile than I wanted, they were 215/55R16 and I wanted 215/60R16 for my 05.

Old 11-24-2005 | 06:44 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Oops, sorry I thought it was a coupe we were speaking about.

Old 11-24-2005 | 07:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Hi guys tomorow I will be picking up my 04' Silver G35 6MT in Oakville, I was undecided between the G and an 04 TL 6MT. After driving both I made the right choice to go for the G35 plus the price of a used one is cheaper than the TL.
I used to own an 02 Maxima 6spd until last Monday when I lost control of it and totaled the car, the accident is a long story but the good thing is that I'm alive and well and I didn't get charged. Once the Insurance gave me the check for the car and I found out my premiums wouldn't go up I started searching, I found this G35 6MT in Oakville last Saturday I testdrove it then went home and did a History check on it to see if it was as good as it drove. on Tuesday I went back and made a deal and now here I am on G35 Driver writing this story.

I have a couple of questions for all of you, you guys probably have heard these questions a hundred times before but I'll ask anyway.
1. I heared there is a way that you can modify the DVD Navigation so it will play movies is this true? if so how much and where can I get this done?
2. I have winter tires with Rav 4 steel rims from my Max do these fit on the G?

Thanks in advance guys and I hpoe there is some members in the K/W Cambridge area so I can get together with you guys next summer

P.S the guys at Toronto Maxima Club (TMEC) say hi, they are a great bunch.
Hey G-MAN, Cambridge here (west side of Galt near Cedar Street).....congrats on the new ride.
Sorry to hear of the accident in the Max....that, too, is a great ride. I had one new back in '02 and loved it. Glad you came thru that ok.

Altho I can't remember who's done the navi mod you asked about, someone here has. You'll have to look around and search.
The wheels I can't say if they'll fit or not. Some will, and some won't. You'll have to try.
There are quite a few members in the Golden Triangle to meet up with, and we've even had a meet in Sportworld property.

Make yourself at home here at 'Driver, and we look forward to hearing how you like the new ride, along with pictures.

If I can help with anything, just holler.

Colin.

Old 11-24-2005 | 08:01 PM
welcome and enjoy the car!

Old 11-24-2005 | 08:45 PM
welcome

Old 11-24-2005 | 08:46 PM
welcome to the board
and drive safe! the snow today is bad

godmans

Old 11-24-2005 | 09:19 PM
Hey G-man, just came across this thread that might be what you're looking for Clicky

Albert

Old 11-25-2005 | 08:53 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Welcome aboard G-Man..
I'm sure you'll really enjoy the new ride.

Old 11-25-2005 | 09:15 AM
Did you pick up a sedan or coupe?

Old 11-25-2005 | 09:43 AM
PDT
Welcome to the board!

Old 11-25-2005 | 04:40 PM
|
Thanks for making me feel welcome. Oh and by the way I pickeD up the car today.....VERY NICE.