Canada Serving Canada.

Drying Your Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2006 | 01:29 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Drying Your Car

Just curious what everyone uses to dry their car after you wash it. I have always used a good quality chamois. Does anyone know if using a chamois causes swirl marks or not? Since my G is black, I want to minimize the amount of swirl marks...and was wondering if you guys recommend using something else besides a chamois.

Cheers,

Shane

Old 03-11-2006 | 01:31 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Staff Alumni
Seriously, I use a leaf blower to do a touchless "air dry". No swirl marks!

Old 03-11-2006 | 02:10 PM
Sonis MF Towel

Old 03-11-2006 | 06:40 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
I've never had black, Shane, but I've always used a good quality Chamois and cleaned/washed it regularly to keep impurities to a minimum.

To my mind, it's most important to keep a coat or 2 of wax or Zaino on at all times to protect the paint/clearcoat.

Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-11-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2006 | 08:27 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Msedanman
I've never had black, Shane, but I've always used a good quality Chamois and cleaned/washed it regularly to keep impurities to a minimum.

To my mind, it's most important to keep a coat or 2 or wax or Zaino on at all times to protect the paint/clearcoat.

Colin.
Hey Colin,

Since I started using Zaino last year, I've put countless coats of Z2, Z5, & Z6 on my G....and she has been VERY appreciative! I just wanted to send out a feeler as to what other G owners use to dry their G after a bath. I never figured a good quality chamois would create swirl marks......but just wanted to make sure.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 03-11-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2006 | 08:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by canuck
Hey Colin,

Since I started using Zaino last year, I've put countless coats of Z2, Z5, & Z6 on my G....and she has been VERY appreciative! I just wanted to send out a feeler as to what other G owners used to dry their G after a bath. I never figured a good quality chamois would create swirl marks......but just wanted to make sure.
Some detail experts hate chamois.......I'm not sure why, but they've always done me well....
BTW, I'm gonna check that shine out again in May if you're home....

C.

Old 03-12-2006 | 08:28 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
I use a synthetic chamois. Rinse it regularly and make sure the car and the chamois is absolutely clean before toweling it. I'm sure you do.

BTW, where are you buying Zaino products?

Old 03-12-2006 | 08:40 AM
I use a California Water Blade to get a majority of the water off and then finish off with a chamois. But the large micro-fiber towels are starting to look good right now.

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:09 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
I use a synthetic chamois. Rinse it regularly and make sure the car and the chamois is absolutely clean before toweling it. I'm sure you do.

BTW, where are you buying Zaino products?
Hey Deane, I purchase my Zaino products from Mike at www.zaino.ca. He has lightning quick shipping to the maritimes and is great to deal with......although the shipping isn't that cheap if I remember correctly. Now that it is getting a little warmer, I will have to place another order before too long.

Colin, maybe you could bring down some Zaino supplies for us when you come in May and we'll pay you.

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:11 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by dofu
I use a California Water Blade to get a majority of the water off and then finish off with a chamois. But the large micro-fiber towels are starting to look good right now.

That water blade is an interesting tool, I haven't seen one before. Does it work well?

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:25 AM
That water blade is an interesting tool, I haven't seen one before. Does it work well?
It's basically a huge squeegee but works much better. Works great for me... cuts down drying time to about a minute or two.

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:36 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Hey Deane, I purchase my Zaino products from Mike at www.zaino.ca. He has lightning quick shipping to the maritimes and is great to deal with......although the shipping isn't that cheap if I remember correctly. Now that it is getting a little warmer, I will have to place another order before too long.

Colin, maybe you could bring down some Zaino supplies for us when you come in May and we'll pay you.

Thanks Shane. I have the Permashine finish from O'Regans so I never do anything to it now other than the annual reapplication. I actually miss giving her the whole treatment though so am thinking of getting a PC and then doing the whole Zaino deal.
I agree about the California water blade. I'm going to look for one.

On a side note I'm going to send you a note on a home theatre set up.

Deane

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:36 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by dofu
It's basically a huge squeegee but works much better. Works great for me... cuts down drying time to about a minute or two.

Thanks, I'm going to check that out.

Old 03-12-2006 | 10:57 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Hey bro, No problemo with bringing supplies this May....I was going to ask you last evening on the 'phone if you guys needed anything, but forgot.

Let me know and I'll pick up whatever you need.
LOL, I've dealt with Mike at his Zaino store in Guelph many times and yes he's a good guy to deal with.

Watching the news this morning, I see one of New Brunswick's own, and the oldest person in Canada -- Mary MacIsaac -- has died at 112.
God bless her.....It wasn't long ago that she was on the news celebrating her 112 th birthday....

She was one of this country's true pioneers, and had quite a legacy of accomplishents.....

Colin.

Colin.

Old 03-12-2006 | 12:45 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Hey bro, No problemo with bringing supplies this May....I was going to ask you last evening on the 'phone if you guys needed anything, but forgot.

Let me know and I'll pick up whatever you need.
LOL, I've dealt with Mike at his Zaino store in Guelph many times and yes he's a good guy to deal with.

Thanks Colin. I just checked and am in need of Z5, Z6, and Z10. We have an absolutely beautiful day here today and I just finished applying a coat of Z5. Just gotta wait for it to dry now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drying Your Car