Canada Serving Canada.

Finally did it... put my car up for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:29 AM
BMC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Joel, I had them put it on with my car deal. Generally around here it ranges from $300 to $600 depending on how much you get done. They will do just the front of your hood and fenders or they can also do total front bumper and side mirrors also. Most important is to get a shop with good references. Check with other guys around Calgary for a reputable shop.
It was one of the best things that I did to the car.
Have fun tomorrow .
Wayne
Thanks for the advice Wayne!

Old 04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
BMC
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Congratz Joel, that will be sweet, make sure to post some pics for us when you get your new ride.
Wayne
Got back yesterday - picked up the car and enjoyed a nice drive through the mountains.

Initial impressions: Perhaps it's just me, but my G sedan "feels" more torquey (if that's even a word) than my Z, but maybe that perception will change once I drive the Z a little more. I thought I'd never say that, esp given that the 2004 G has 260 lb-ft of torque vs the Z's 274.

Cockpit - the G sedan is definitely the more comfortable car to drive for long distances. I love the manual audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel. My Z lacks that feature. No glove compartment - it is located behind the driver.

In the Z you definitely feel more "hunkered" down - I felt like I was in a cocoon when I was driving it, and it certainly added to the driving experience through all of the twisties I devoured yesterday.

I honestly can't say I like one more than the other, from an overall perspective. The sedan is plenty powerful and the backseat is an obvious plus. You can make the sedan look as sporty as you want it. My 2005 Z has an additional 27 hp - whoopee doo. I definitely love the lines of the Z, especially the flared fenders. Certainly a head turner in my opinion.

Again, the purchase was just a need for a change, and while I have enjoyed my G and would like to keep it, I will have to sell it. In the meantime I'll enjoy it until a new buyer comes along.

Below is a pic on the drive home from the dealership. The unsightly temporary permit on my windshield and front plate frame will come off once I get my Alberta plate. Then it's off to do some wheel shopping!!! 19's here I come!

BMC

Old 04-09-2006, 02:29 PM
welcome to the Z family

about the cockpit...i think EVERY Z driver has the same complaints (me included). While there are no audio controls on the steering wheel (there actually is in the later year models), the standard controls are close enough to the shifter to not have to stretch too far to control it.

The glove box behind the seat was awkward at first, but it's large size is making it very useful. There are also two smaller places to put your owners manual and other small items just above it. And being able to reach into the back part of the trunk has become quite handy as well.

Lastly, one thing I can't stand is the lack of the trunk release inside the car. There is no way to open the trunk from the inside of the car while it's on. It's quite annoying considering no one knows where the release button is when they try to open my trunk. I hope it doesn't annoy you too much :P

Old 04-09-2006, 03:12 PM
BMC
Thanks for the Z family welcome.

Yeah, I found the lack of a trunk release a little peculiar. Just seems like a no brainer to put one in.

I noticed in your sig that you have Volk Winnings and Proxes on your Z. Sweet!

Would you mind sharing what wheel size/width/offset and what size tires you went with?

Thanks.
BMC
riderbmc@shaw.ca

Old 04-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Joel..........Nice report on the comparisons. As to the Z styling, I think it is a kind of a love hate on the Z styling, you either really like it or don't. I fall into the I love the style category . When you get a chance post up a few more pics.
Wayne

Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by BMC
Thanks for the Z family welcome.

Yeah, I found the lack of a trunk release a little peculiar. Just seems like a no brainer to put one in.

I noticed in your sig that you have Volk Winnings and Proxes on your Z. Sweet!

Would you mind sharing what wheel size/width/offset and what size tires you went with?

Thanks.
BMC
riderbmc@shaw.ca
you can check the pics here

The specs on the rims are 19x8.5+25 front, 19x9.5+29 for the rear. The tires are the standard fare of 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear. Though there are better offsets that the Z can take, the ones available for the Winnings jump from +25/+29 to +23/+17, and would most likely mean i need to roll the fenders, so I opted for the less agressive offset.

The favorites for offsets are usually in the mid to low 20s for both the front and rear.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
.... psst by the way... did I tell you guys I put my G35 for sale???

Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 AM
BMC
Originally Posted by BbyG35
.... psst by the way... did I tell you guys I put my G35 for sale???
Oops - sorry, I guess we are getting further and further away from the original post.

Did you end up checking out that silver G in Surrey? How did it go?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 AM
congrats on the z!

Old 04-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for picking up on my subtle hint

Yeah.. I looked at the 350Z on Saturday. The engine compartment was dirrrrrty and the car was mis-firing. Definitely needs some TLC. The body exterior was spotless with no dings or chips. He is bringing it in for the fuel filler recall and said he would have them check the engine. Seems prety firm on the price but we'll see if he's interested in making a deal.

Got a line on another 2004 this morning -- hasn't been listed for sale yet.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 AM
BMC
Z's and G's

Hey Harold - so I sold my G today! I reduced the price slightly and sure enough I got a call within a day of the price revision. Much like the first guy who came to check out the car, the buyer was very specific as to what he was looking for - a manual transmission sports sedan with the right balance of luxury and performance.

WEIRD THING, THOUGH - my post in Marketplace (Canada) was deleted!?!? As far as I can recall I don't think I broke any of the rules - Moderators, can you enlighten me on this?

The sale is supposed to close this week (I have a deposit) and I will soon be in funds! Now I can get out and do some wheel shopping for the Z - 19's for sure!

These are wheels I am going to look into:

Volk SF Winning
Work Termist T1
PIAA Super Rozza

Lower price point
Axis Penta / Matrix / Milano
ADR M Sport

I'm pumped!!!

I'm still debating whether to lower the car. I don't find the gap as offensive as the stock G's gap, and I definitely don't want to scrape!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Joel.... Niiiicee colour!!!
See my pics -- drove her up from Cali to Washington this weekend.. it should clear customs on Thursday... already put 1400 miles on it.

Guess i need to change my sig.....

Attached Thumbnails Finally did it... put my car up for sale-2006-350z_4.jpg   Finally did it... put my car up for sale-2006-350z_2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2006, 09:04 AM
BMC
Originally Posted by BbyG35
Joel.... Niiiicee colour!!!
See my pics -- drove her up from Cali to Washington this weekend.. it should clear customs on Thursday... already put 1400 miles on it.

Guess i need to change my sig.....
Harold, congrats on the 2006! I love those wheels!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 12:28 PM
yeah.. the wheels are nice -- don't think I'll need to think about changing them for a while.
Didn't realize the subtle differences between earlier model years until i saw it in person.
I'm now anxious to get in on Canadian soil... more importantly... in my driveway.
Thanks for your help and interest, Joel !!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:06 AM
BTW... the 2006 Enthusiast trim includes steering wheel mounted lighted audio controls... and an interior hatch release

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally did it... put my car up for sale