Canada Serving Canada.

Gas talk! Milleage, price per tank, downgrading?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Bought gas on the way home from the Detailing meet and paid $1.03 for shell 91. Reg. was 92 cents.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:09 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by whitej34
$3.57? Holy crap! I guess I just found a plus to living in the SE
yeah $3.57 here in so cal and it just keeps goin up... average of about $0.02 every other day or so, it's only gonna get worse when summer comes, i'm expecting to pay $4.20/gal mid summer.
-GP-

Old 05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol I knew I shouldn't have said "civic"

well i'm not comparing my civic to the g35 completely, i know civic does a lot better on gas, i'm not trading in, still have the vic but just want something more powerful and fun while i'm young but at the same time just curious typically how much per tank in CANADA...... and how much km on a full tank

thanks for the input so far

Old 05-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by G-Force
Let me break it down in Canadian measures.

I am getting average 12 - 12.5 L/100km and I drive pretty hard most of the time. With gas hovering close to $1 per litre these days and $1.15 for 94 octane at Sunoco, I am putting in about $70 per full tank (60-65 litres) and I usually go through a tank per week.

Hope that helps ...

thanks for the break down, pretty much what i was looking for

Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Bought gas on the way home from the Detailing meet and paid $1.03 for shell 91. Reg. was 92 cents.
LOL, Sam... I saw the prices on the way in. -- About .10 / liter cheaper in GTA than here in Cambridge. GRRRRRR.

C.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
LOL, Sam... I saw the prices on the way in. -- About .10 / liter cheaper in GTA than here in Cambridge. GRRRRRR.

C.

Thats too funny... I paid $1.03 at my Sunoco for 94 Ultra..

Old 05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
This summer I actually considered getting a 30+mpg car to offset gas prices, since I drive a lot. I did the math and without boring you I would have saved about ~$1000 a year, but trading my G in would have cost me about 5k, so 5 years to break even. I guess the point is it wasn't worth it for me, and frankly I figure even at $5.00 a liter it's still less than milk, so whatever.

Since you're thinking of going *from* a civic to a G it's a little different. Just think of it this way, on top of ownership costs if you drive 10k km a year you'll pay about $800 extra for gas. $800/year extra to drive a G instead of a civic, good deal imo!
So I guess you will be babying the G with milk when the gas prices are close to 6.00 eh?

Old 05-09-2006, 05:01 PM
its over $1.20 per liter out here in the east.

i get roughly 10km for every liter of gas. so if i drive 600km a week, i pay $72. it used to work out a lot better when gas was "only" a dollar a liter, but i guess you have to pay to play.

its not as bad as my 66 lincoln. i had it idling for about 3 minutes the other day and went through a liter of gas.

and the engine will run on regular 87 gas, but the computer will compensate for it and in turn give you less performance.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Last week I fueled up the G at $1.24/litre = $4.69/usgal
This past weekend I was fueling up in Washington State at $3.17/usgal

With the exchange at roughly 1.1, no wonder so many people are heading south to tank up.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:08 PM
My last fill up, the gas gauge was below the last line "E". The needle was probably touching the support pin.. yet, I was only able to pump 63L of gas. Hmm... is my gauge mechanism busted or is my tank only 65L? :P

Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EEYORE
So I guess you will be babying the G with milk when the gas prices are close to 6.00 eh?
Hah! How did I know someone would grab ahold of that?

Of course, how do you know I don't wash it with milk already? Perhaps that's my secret formula! I've said too much...

Old 05-09-2006, 10:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremyg35
its over $1.20 per liter out here in the east.

i get roughly 10km for every liter of gas. so if i drive 600km a week, i pay $72. it used to work out a lot better when gas was "only" a dollar a liter, but i guess you have to pay to play.

its not as bad as my 66 lincoln. i had it idling for about 3 minutes the other day and went through a liter of gas.

and the engine will run on regular 87 gas, but the computer will compensate for it and in turn give you less performance.
Glad to hear you got the Lincoln going, Jeremy....I'd like to hook up with you next week during my trip east. Deane and Shane and I are talking about meeting up in Amhurst or Springhill on the weekend of May 20/21.
Hope to see you bro.

Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 05-09-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:16 PM
guess i missed this hope you have some good weather, it has been wacky lately!

haven't checked on here in a while.

i've also been trying to avoid any long trips...my tires are pretty well slick right now, and my new wheels are taking longer then expected to get here, so i've been babying the car as much as possible good news is the wheels are on their way, so i'll be back to racking up the mileage in no time

Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Coming back to the q ref octane: do so at your peril.

To a point, the car will know that you're a cheap .... and will wind back the timing and air to avoid detonation and overheating, and more detonation. But it can only go so far, and then it'll be working beyond the carburetion mapping (floor it on a hot day after driving for several hours on crap fuel to best replicate this phenomenon). And your car will ping. And when it does, you're damaging the engine. Eventually, an intimate discussion between your valves and pistons will occur, and then you will struggle to explain to Nissan Canada as you beg and plead for a warrantee claim, why you opted to avoid the direction provided in the manual, and on the big sticker underneath the fuel flap.

Should you opt to buy a G, highly recommend that you feed it the best, freshest fuel that you can find, turn said fuel into music and go, and feed again and often, never checking your mileage other than out of morbid curiousity.

Cheers,
D

Old 06-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Yes the car eats fuel, but it could be worse. Imagine how the Hummer forum is bitching now.

I find it kind of stange that people buy cheap/crappy gas to save $2-3 at the pump, couple dollars people, come on!? If youre that cheap then why did u get a car for 40k? If the couple bucks are gonna break you, then maybe you should trade it in for a civic because youre over your head.

At least take care of your investment with quality fuel so it runs well for a long time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas talk! Milleage, price per tank, downgrading?