Canada Serving Canada.

Gas talk! Milleage, price per tank, downgrading?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
Yes the car eats fuel, but it could be worse. Imagine how the Hummer forum is bitching now.

I find it kind of stange that people buy cheap/crappy gas to save $2-3 at the pump, couple dollars people, come on!? If youre that cheap then why did u get a car for 40k? If the couple bucks are gonna break you, then maybe you should trade it in for a civic because youre over your head.

At least take care of your investment with quality fuel so it runs well for a long time.
Concur wholeheartedly.

Cheers,
D

p.s. ask my father, who blew up his US$8K F250 engine (at least that's what it cost when he had to replace it while down in the states) because he was cheaping out on fuel while trailering down south what he thinks now about cheapin' out on fuel- ping, ping, ping, bang, thud. Thud being the beast locking solid in a stream of coolant and steam.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derek
Coming back to the q ref octane: do so at your peril.

To a point, the car will know that you're a cheap .... and will wind back the timing and air to avoid detonation and overheating, and more detonation. But it can only go so far, and then it'll be working beyond the carburetion mapping (floor it on a hot day after driving for several hours on crap fuel to best replicate this phenomenon). And your car will ping. And when it does, you're damaging the engine. Eventually, an intimate discussion between your valves and pistons will occur, and then you will struggle to explain to Nissan Canada as you beg and plead for a warrantee claim, why you opted to avoid the direction provided in the manual, and on the big sticker underneath the fuel flap.

Should you opt to buy a G, highly recommend that you feed it the best, freshest fuel that you can find, turn said fuel into music and go, and feed again and often, never checking your mileage other than out of morbid curiousity.

Cheers,
D
Well this was put forward much nicer then polish lol, thanks for the input..

I guess lastly how bad is Shell? I hear that it's one of the worst but gotta love those air miles

Old 06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Netcbc: I guess lastly how bad is Shell? I hear that it's one of the worst but gotta love those air miles[/QUOTE]
I started using Sunoco 94 when I bought the car. Lots of discussion re octaine rating, ethonol, on old threads ( do a search this forum ). Settled on Shell 91 and when I can't get it I use Sunoco 94. Don't notice any difference. Used PetroCan once, threw my gauge for a loop and it wouldn't register F for about 3 fills with 91.