Canada Serving Canada.

Poor experience with Agincourt Infiniti Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agincourt

I first went to Agincourt when I had a nissan 240sx many many years ago and what I experienced there was the term "customer service" was an oxymoron. Since then, I can see that nothing has changed or more to the point - improved. I wouldn't bother with them if they were the only Infiniti dealership for service in Toronto - I would drive out of town to find and get "proper" service. The irony is that their location is a five minute drive from my place.

Agincourt is not worth giving the benefit of the doubt. Those who choose to service their vehicles there do so at their own risk and literally pay the price.

Last edited by duhprez; 05-25-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I actually was having some trouble with Guelph infiniti customer service lately.... specially with Rulf .... If i spelt his name correctly....

I called him couple of times for an inquiry about rim being fixed....... and he always told me he would call back. Never did! 3 times in a row. I gave him around 1 week span for every each call I made.

I'm starting to get really upset. Even worse.... he asked for my number 3 times! What is the point of asking for my number if your not gonna remember or call!

I made a forth call yesterday.... either way i have to do my third maintance check so i thought he can arrange so that I can get my rim fixed at the sametime. So guess what kinda of a reply i hear

"Alright mike, how about I get back to ya, What is your number?"

I was like what da hell, asking for my number again?! but being a gentlemen I kept it cool. Let me see if he ever calls back.

Am I over reacting?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Don't bother

I would ask someone else from the service department to service you - and that's after making a point about the lack of service that you've received thus far (to service manager). If the second time round doesn't get you anywhere, go somewhere else.

In cases like this, I always take notes in my agenda of when I contact the person, the person's full name and what we spoke of. If I ever have to lodge a formal written complaint to the dealership or Nissan Canada, I have all my facts straight.

People won't mess with you and complaints will ilicit a response at least.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I live 5 mins from Agincourt infiniti as well and yet i go to Alta in woodbridge.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by duhprez
I would ask someone else from the service department to service you - and that's after making a point about the lack of service that you've received thus far (to service manager). If the second time round doesn't get you anywhere, go somewhere else.

In cases like this, I always take notes in my agenda of when I contact the person, the person's full name and what we spoke of. If I ever have to lodge a formal written complaint to the dealership or Nissan Canada, I have all my facts straight.

People won't mess with you and complaints will ilicit a response at least.
Great advice. I also had some glitches with Ralph? but it's still bearable.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Great advice. I also had some glitches with Ralph? but it's still bearable.
Ralph really does not know his butt from a hole in the ground. At first I blamed it on the fact that he was new but he has been there long enough to know better. I generally avoid him when I go or call there. I still get good service .

Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Ralph really does not know his butt from a hole in the ground. At first I blamed it on the fact that he was new but he has been there long enough to know better. I generally avoid him when I go or call there. I still get good service .
Ya, I think i'm gonna try to avoid Ralph. I'm very unpleased with him, but same with you.... I usually get good service on my car for sure; however, its just Ralph that just kills it all.

Ya i first thought he was new or something too. I think someone really gotta show where he should be standing at -- washing cars hehe.

You know what i really want to do. I want to take the dealership customer service survey in front of him.. and start filling it out slowly haha and i would say, "Your making it really easy for me to fill out this survey RalpH" I would check of "poor" boxes plus asking questions inbetween LOL haha

Old 05-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
JM2C...
You'd probably be doing the service manager a favour if you dropped him a line.

" Overall, I really enjoy the workmanship and service my car receives at Guelph,
BUT ________________________________________.

It can be difficult managing customer service personnel,
w/o some customer feedback when addressing the said person during a review.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:03 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike.C
Ya, I think i'm gonna try to avoid Ralph. I'm very unpleased with him, but same with you.... I usually get good service on my car for sure; however, its just Ralph that just kills it all.

Ya i first thought he was new or something too. I think someone really gotta show where he should be standing at -- washing cars hehe.

You know what i really want to do. I want to take the dealership customer service survey in front of him.. and start filling it out slowly haha and i would say, "Your making it really easy for me to fill out this survey RalpH" I would check of "poor" boxes plus asking questions inbetween LOL haha
Mike

As upset as you are with Ralph, I agree with Ian in that a chat with, or a note to the Service manager would be best for all.
You do what you feel is best for you, but if it were me, that's what I would consider.

Sounds like Ralph needs some major 'tutoring', or a straightout job change.

The service mananger would appreciate the feedback I'm sure.

G/L
C.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Mike

As upset as you are with Ralph, I agree with Ian in that a chat with, or a note to the Service manager would be best for all.
You do what you feel is best for you, but if it were me, that's what I would consider.

Sounds like Ralph needs some major 'tutoring', or a straightout job change.

The service mananger would appreciate the feedback I'm sure.

G/L
C.

I just hope Ralph isn't the customer service manager...... but as i said... guelph infiniti does a good job in car service... its just Ralph is like having the attitude of like " I really don't care if we have your business" .....

but ya thanks guys~ probably have a word with the customer service manager...

i'll get you guys posted

Old 06-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just want to provide an update. Got my car back from Guelph Infiniti and I must say, my experience here was the exact opposite.

Agincourt would not provide me with a loaner car while they perform the fuel hose recall. There was a 06 Maxima waiting for me when I dropped off my car at Guelph.

Passenger window was having issues - unresponsive to user input. Would not go up or down at all sometimes. Agincourt took a look a few times and all they did was lube and clean the window. They also advised me I'll be charged for labour for them to further inspect by removing the window assembly, etc. After reading symptoms and other threads posted by fellow G owners who experienced the same issue, I suspected the motor to be at fault. All I told Guelph was that my window would not go up or down. Without hesitation, they said don't worry, we'll get it fixed. A few hours later, they confirmed it was the motor and will be replaced under warranty.

4 wheel Alignment was done at Guelph as well at a much cheaper rate (almost half the cost of what Agincourt charges). Had an issue with the front right inner tie rod, which was replaced under warranty.

Overall, very positive experience with Guelp Infiniti. Looks like this is where I'll bring my business to.

Last edited by urabus; 06-27-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=urabus]Just want to provide an update. Got my car back from Guelph Infiniti and I must say, my experience here was the exact opposite.

Was your service mgr. Ralph?

Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by urabus
Just want to provide an update. Got my car back from Guelph Infiniti and I must say, my experience here was the exact opposite.

Agincourt would not provide me with a loaner car while they perform the fuel hose recall. There was a 06 Maxima waiting for me when I dropped off my car at Guelph.

Passenger window was having issues - unresponsive to user input. Would not go up or down at all sometimes. Agincourt took a look a few times and all they did was lube and clean the window. They also advised me I'll be charged for labour for them to further inspect by removing the window assembly, etc. After reading symptoms and other threads posted by fellow G owners who experienced the same issue, I suspected the motor to be at fault. All I told Guelph was that my window would not go up or down. Without hesitation, they said don't worry, we'll get it fixed. A few hours later, they confirmed it was the motor and will be replaced under warranty.

4 wheel Alignment was done at Guelph as well at a much cheaper rate (almost half the cost of what Agincourt charges). Had an issue with the front right inner tie rod, which was replaced under warranty.

Overall, very positive experience with Agincourt Infiniti. Looks like this is where I'll bring my business to.
Great to hear a positive review...
I believe you meant to say "Guelph" in the last sentence

Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL, I'm sure he meant Guelph too Ian....

.....and it's great to hear that Guelph will come thru when we need them.

C.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL. Just making sure you guys were actually reading my entire post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor experience with Agincourt Infiniti Service