Canada Serving Canada.

Am I being Bull Shi**ed by JRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call Sharif at Forged Internals. He has the best prices and is always available for questions. He spends most of his time on my350z, but really knows his stuff and will give you an honest opinion.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpCoupe
Call Sharif at Forged Internals. He has the best prices and is always available for questions. He spends most of his time on my350z, but really knows his stuff and will give you an honest opinion.
Where are they located? and whats there phone #

Old 05-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Where are they located? and whats there phone #
Forged internals are more hard core parts.
That's where I got my Quaife rear diff.
I agree Sharif is a great guy to deal with

Old 05-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, that is where I got my new shift ****. Great service.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanx for the referrals guys I'm sure when/if I need shocks or a camber kit I will look these people up.
Well the springs are on and I LOVE the drop its not as low as I thought it would be and thats good also the ride feel is still close to stock I'll have to see how long that lasts I'll post a couple of pics once this stupid rain stops.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Good to see that you finally got the springs on. I know that u will need a camber kit of the s techs on coupes, not to sure on the sedans. Also for the first week my h techs felt like stock but after a while u will feel the bumps, i personally dont mind but u will notice that your ride will be more rough. Hopefully when u get the alignment done it wont be too bad. I havent got a chance to get it done on my car. I know its killing my tires. I havent really had a problem with JRP personally but also any canadian shop will charge more then US online prices. And i'm not sure about u guys but sometimes i dont mind paying a little more just for the comfort of getting something locally and having someone to bitch at. Also unless you are going to pick it up from the US, the brokerage and shipping usually makes the prices very similar to local places.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Moridin
Good to see that you finally got the springs on. I know that u will need a camber kit of the s techs on coupes, not to sure on the sedans. Also for the first week my h techs felt like stock but after a while u will feel the bumps, i personally dont mind but u will notice that your ride will be more rough. Hopefully when u get the alignment done it wont be too bad. I havent got a chance to get it done on my car. I know its killing my tires. I havent really had a problem with JRP personally but also any canadian shop will charge more then US online prices. And i'm not sure about u guys but sometimes i dont mind paying a little more just for the comfort of getting something locally and having someone to bitch at. Also unless you are going to pick it up from the US, the brokerage and shipping usually makes the prices very similar to local places.

There is no doubt his alignment is completely out. His camber is probably around -3.5 degrees in the front and rear and his toe probably worse. His shocks are taking a serious beating right now, especially since the car is an '03 I think. I hope the installer cut the bumpstops when he put the springs in, otherwise he will bottom out eventually. I'd be looking for a camber kit and adjustable shocks right away.

BTW, I don't mind giving our local vendors my business, but when you get wrong information, bad customer service and high prices...it doesn't take long to turn around and get it somewhere else. Unfortunately or fortunately, I end up buying ALL my parts from the US where most vendors are more knowledgeable about the aftermarket parts they sell. Despite the duties, taxes, shipping and brokerage most people are so scared of...I still save a ton of dough.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Chico
His camber is probably around -3.5 degrees in the front
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by Balzz
LOL.. I think you have different priorities.. ZOOM ZOOM

Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Well I don't doubt that I need an alignment but I think I'll be able to make due without a camber kit, as for shocks I can see myself needing those by the end of summer. How much did you guys get your shocks and rear camber kits for? I would like to have an idea how much I'll have to save up.

Last edited by G-MAN (CANADA); 05-22-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Well I don't doubt that I need an alignment but I think I'll be able to make due without a camber kit, as for shocks I can see myself needing those by the end of summer. How much did you guys get your shocks and rear camber kits for? I would like to have an idea how much I'll have to save up.
If you find that you need camber parts (after alignment check)... let me know.

I have some that I don't need...
A arms for the front & camber bolts for the rear.

I was going to post in marketplace, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
If you find that you need camber parts (after alignment check)... let me know.

I have some that I don't need...
A arms for the front & camber bolts for the rear.

I was going to post in marketplace, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
COOL HOLD ON TO THEM

Old 05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Balzz
Truth be told...his cornering ability is better than mine. BTW, a bit off topic...I had my brakes serviced last week and I still have 70% left. So the BBK is on hold for now. I might have to hit Mosport for a day or so.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Just curious are the fronts usualy more out of wack than the rears? just wondering if I can get fronts or rears loser to stock if so I might buy only what I realy need. I don't put too many kms on my car (8000 since Nov 05') so I don't think my tire wear should be too bad if I can get front or rear close to stock specs.

Last edited by G-MAN (CANADA); 05-22-2006 at 02:20 PM.