Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Just ordered my first Zaino products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my first Zaino products

I just placed my order for the Zaino show car kit (the $84 kit, not the more expensive one). I am hoping to receive it by this weekend, so I can detail my car on the 4th!
Anyways, this is what I am thinking for the process - let me know if I have something wrong, or if I can save time by doing something else.

1. Wash with Dawn
2. Claybar
3. Wash with Zaino car soap (Z7)
4. Touchup chips with touch up paint (there are a few on the hood and front fenders that I want to fill in before sealing with Zaino.
5. ZFX with Z5
6. Z5
7. Z6

If I get done early enough to wait the recommended 6 hours, I may put on another coat of Z5...

Hows that sound? I'm definitely looking forward to putting Zaino on!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:50 AM
You can use the zfx in the first few coats so you can more on in the first day.(let sit for a few minutes instead of hours) Also do a quick z6 application in between each coat of z2 or z5 for a little extra shine, and ease of application of next coat.

Maybe adjust to this:
1. Wash with Dawn
2. Claybar (take your time here, prep is what it is all about)
3. Wash with Zaino car soap (Z7)
4. Touchup chips with touch up paint (there are a few on the hood and front fenders that I want to fill in before sealing with Zaino.
5. ZFX with Z5
6. Z6
6. ZFX with Z5
7. Z6
8. ZFX with Z2
9. Z6

I believe that is the process i did the first time. My only warning is that you save your reaction until a few weeks pass. (and maybe a few more coats of Z2, Z6) After all that work I expected some fantastic results. The car looked good but i felt a little dissapointed. After a few weeks and a few more coats, the true value of Zaino started coming out...The shine, the compliments, the longevity of a clean car, and the ease of keeping the car looking good.
For more tips to application:
http://www.zaino.ca/files/application.htm

Good luck.
Oh and stretch before you start...that process took me about 7 hours total i think. (with a few short breaks)
Let us know how it went after you are done.

Last edited by radjack79; 06-27-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Remember - don't put the coats on very heavy either. You're looking for thin even coats/layers of the product.

Have fun!

Jon

Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
I got the package 2 days ago - I had my fingers crossed that I would get it by the weekend! Talk about FAST FAST FAST shipping! Simply incredible!

anyways, still a few days before I wash it and wax it using Zaino... I'll post back though.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DP... ...You have a Desert Platinum G, Jellysick? If so, please post pics after the Zaino application. I don't see that color very often, and I'd like to see it at it's best.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
DP... ...You have a Desert Platinum G, Jellysick? If so, please post pics after the Zaino application. I don't see that color very often, and I'd like to see it at it's best.
I'll see what I can do about the pics... I definitely don't see many G's with this color either. I really love it though - depending on the light, it sometimes looks darker, and sometimes lighter.

I can hopefully carry out with my plans on detailing tomorrow, however rain is in the forecast. That would definitely put a damper on things...

Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Talking

Well I got the car waxed yesterday, and the aching muscles are slowly setting in! I guess it took about 7 or 8 hours, spread out over a 10 hour period. People have warned me not to have my initial expectations too high after the first application, and that Zaino shines through a couple of weeks after it is applied, but I have to say, I noticed a difference after the first coat (compared to other waxes). After 3 coats of Z5 with Z6 inbetween, I was grinning from ear to ear. After these 3 coats, I finished with a coat of Z2, then Z6. It probably looked better than any car I've seen on a dealership showroom floor - I was seriously impressed! It only gets better....

On my way home from fireworks, I got caught in a rain storm. It wasn't raining all that hard, but the roads were wet enough to kick up all of the road dirt onto the car. I was cringing after I just spent the whole day waxing and cleaning. Well this morning I took a look and I was surprised AGAIN at how clean, and most of all SHINY it was after getting rained on. It still looks like I just washed it (minus a small area on the rear bumper where the water ran off and dried). Still feels clean to the touch too...
I took some pictures with my camera phone, but I havent got them off of the phone yet - hopefully tomorrow. I'm afraid the pics aren't very good quality though - I took them in a garage, at about 8:45pm, so it was just about dark. All I had was really bad garage lighting.
Anyways, the clay bar was essential - I can really tell how it cleaned up the surface...
Thanks to everyone for their help, and all of the endless threads on Zaino! Some definitely aren't a fan of Zaino, but I think I will be using it for a while!