Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

claybar? just got zaino kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
claybar? just got zaino kit

is there a difference between claybar and wetsanding? is it the same concept? if not which is better.

i used some rain X bug protective shield spray after i washed the car and left it on for about 2 weeks. i have a black g35 and i think the sun pretty much baked it into the car. you can barely feel it when you rub it with your hand. its basically a whole bunch of really tiny water spots u can barely touch but can see.

what should i do if the claybar doesnt make it come out? professional detail

Old 07-05-2006, 07:31 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you got water spots because you washed your car during the prime time of sun and heat b/t 11am-4pm. I usually don't wash my car during this time and if I happen to do so, I do it in the shade. Reason is that it keeps the water from drying too fast from the sun and gives me time to remove the water before water spots show up.

The claybar is different from wetsanding. The claybar is like play-doh like consistency/material and you use it alone with a spray. It pretty much removes impurities from the surface of the paint. Claybar is very gental on the paint! Typically people use this before they wax. About twice yearly I do my wax with Zaino and I use claybar before it.

If I were you, I would wash my car with Dawn original dishsoap. Then go over it with a claybar. Then finish up with a wax. I recommend Zaino wax. Good luck man!

Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could also try a light chemical polish (no abrasives) like

Klasse AIO (which leaves behind an acrylic sealant)
Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze
Poorboys Pro Polish with Carnauba

all of these are chemical in base and have no abrasives so all the polishing being done is chemical cleaners. Definitely clay first, remove the impurities in your clear coat and if you still have spots try these before you try or pay for someone to try anything heavier.

mt