Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Concours d'Elegance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storebought - Meguiar's NXT or Mother's FX are very good, but suffer from poor durability.

Online purchased - Zaino Z5 Pro, period.

I have tried *every* 'hot' product out there (sans Werkstatt). I have tried and tested them all and while Zaino used to have a more 'plastic' look, the new Z5 Pro looks just like a wax, deep and wet. It is absolute cake to apply and you barely use any (.25 oz/car incl. wheels/glass). Durability with regular maintenance (Z7 wash, Z8 spray once a week) should easily push you past the 6 month mark.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Period?

Z5 Pro is very nice; looks great, awesome durabilty, super easy to use. I still don't think it looks just like a wax, though. If you do prefer the look of a wax you could always top it with one; Nattys Blue, Souveran, P21S, Clearkote Carnauba, all good options.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Concours d'Elegance
Originally Posted by picus112
Period?

Z5 Pro is very nice; looks great, awesome durabilty, super easy to use. I still don't think it looks just like a wax, though. If you do prefer the look of a wax you could always top it with one; Nattys Blue, Souveran, P21S, Clearkote Carnauba, all good options.

That's true, let me re-phrase...

For an excellent balance between stunning deep, wet, carnauba looks and unsurpassed durability, Zaino Z5 Pro is your choice. If you prefer that extremely soft, glowing finishing for your dark vehicle, a premium carnauba paste wax should be on your list. My top two, to date, are:

-FK1 Pink Wax (www.fk1usa.com)
-Poorboy's Natty's Blue (www.poorboysworld.com)

Thanks Picus .

Old 07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I accidentally deleted my post, but here it is again for the Zaino writeup that my friend did...very useful.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69540

I bought my Natty's Blue from www.pakshak.com. It also gives you the opportunity to buy some very nice towels to use.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM
you'll get a deep, wet look to the car

Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by toughG35
Looks really good David! I use meguairs #7 Show car glaze, followed by a NXT Paste wax too. The results on my car are good, but not as good as yours.

I'm pretty sure its just the lighting of the picture. Thanks for the compliment bud!

Old 07-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nattys Blue is my favorite under $50 wax, it's deep, glossy, very slick and it's "signature" look is that it is super wet looking.

Now that said as mentioned it is important to prep the paint well, so try to remove any swirls/imperfection by polishing or with a glaze. You can find more info on both on Autopia. If you want a quick and easy job that should look good I'd do this:

Wash
Clay (optional, recommended if never done)
Clearkote Red Machine/Moose Glaze
Poorboys Nattys Blue

RMG and NB go together like PB and Jelly, it's a great combo and RMG will fill some minor imperfections. If you choose to polish you can still use thsi combo, just insert polishing steps in between the clay and RMG.

Cheers.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I use a polish it's called Finish First it's very nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Wax