Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zaino has great shine and durability however, it takes a lot of work to apply. Its a synthetic wax/sealant so it lasts a lot longer than a natural wax such as carnauba. The best reasonably priced carnauba wax is called ps2. It lasts a long time for a natural wax (2-months) and it looks great, very very easy to apply and remove.

My favorite due to durability and ease of use is Klasse All-in-one and Klasse sealant glaze. AIO is a cleaner and the sealant lasts about 6-months. Very easy to apply and remove.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Collinite 845 Insulator Wax can be found at some auto shops such as Advanced Auto in the boat section. This wax is a very durable carnauba wax and is fairly easy to apply.

I agree with the AIO as EZZ mentioned but if you use it be certain to apply THIN. If not removing the SG is a PITA to remove. This actually applies to the Collinite also. By rule of thumb thinner is better especially with LSP's (last step products).

Recently I used 4 Star UPP on my DP coupe and I loved it. Went on easy, easy to remove, slickness was great, and it seems pretty durable. I do not know however the exact durability because my car is garaged often.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EZZ
The best reasonably priced carnauba wax is called ps2. It lasts a long time for a natural wax (2-months) and it looks great, very very easy to apply and remove.
Do you mean P21S? I do know from both experience and word that P21S carnauba is a great wax (rated no. 1 for quite some time). Supremely easy on/off, and it just spreads like warm butter with a foam applicator pad. I don't know if durability is 2 months, since I wax every 2 weeks, but from a carnauba wax you shouldn't expect more than 4-6 weeks for a great shine and depth.

Since you're looking for the best wax, I'd have to give the title to either Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax or P21S, the former being close to 60-70 bucks while P21S goes for 30 at most places. But for 15 bucks you can get a really, really great wax called Natty's Blue by Poorboys (http://www.poorboysworld.com) , I'd say about 80-90% of Souveran/P21S's depth, and in my eyes it's a shinier as in it has a more glossy feel while the boutique waxes have more depth, and it's also easy on/off application, and even safe to use in the sun, which is what Poorboy's is known for.

Seriously, there are so many waxes out there you can just experiment to find what kind of look you're going for; some brands off the top of my head are Trade Secret, Souveran, P21S, Wolfgang, FinishKare's Pink Wax, Clearkote's Carnauba, Pinnacle's Signature Series II.... but no matter how good of a wax you're using, the prep (the polishing/paint cleaning before the wax) is what makes the car look GOOD.

Like twitch said, thinner application is better, and you can layer waxes with about 24 hours worth of cure time in between. I personally like to "shock" the car if I'm waxing again in 24 hours, as in washing it down with cold water and an extremely mild soap mixture to ensure the previous layer has hardened.

And Klasse's All-In-One and the Glaze are NOT waxes, but more of polymer sealants. Just so you know.

Last edited by eddwin; 07-10-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep, the prep is where the magic is. But how to prep is very dependent on the color, the condition of the paint, and whether you want the absolute mirror finish for a show (polish) that lasts for a few weeks, or you want a less brilliant finish that offers longer protection. For my black sedan, the best balance between swirl removal, shine, and length of protection has been the Meguiars #9 to prep, followed by the NXT liquid tech wax.

I have tried the clay bar, Zaino #5, followed by the #2 and their gloss spray stuff. I have also tried the Zymol. At the end of the day, the Meguiars stuff works just as well for 1/3 the price available at Wal-Mart. It also applies very easy and removes clean. Just dont let it sit too long and NEVER apply in direct sun. It will be a bitch to remove. Jusy my experience, YMMV.

Attached Thumbnails Best Wax-mirror5.jpg   Best Wax-g2.jpg  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I like NXT, does the job, and looks good.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 PM
what color is your G35, and what kind of results are you looking for? Durability? Looks?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eddwin
Do you mean P21S?

Like twitch said, thinner application is better, and you can layer waxes with about 24 hours worth of cure time in between. I personally like to "shock" the car if I'm waxing again in 24 hours, as in washing it down with cold water and an extremely mild soap mixture to ensure the previous layer has hardened.

And Klasse's All-In-One and the Glaze are NOT waxes, but more of polymer sealants. Just so you know.
Yeah...P21s...i haven't used the stuff in years. I prefer the polymer sealants due to the durability. I like to layer and don't really care about the depth of the shine. My DG never really looks that much better with the carnauba anyway (yes a little better but not worth the work).

Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
s100 from the local Harley Davidson store. Nearly the same as P21s but about half the price. A jar can be had for $15.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by toughG35
Thanks for the help everyone! I have a 2003 Black G35. You can see some pictures of my car in the Care and Detailing section. My title is called "Waxing"
I want a wax that adds looks to my car not durability. I never drive my car in the rain. Some wax that adds depth, gloss and a shine without spending too much money. Thanks for the help!!

If you're going for pure looks then I really would stress on the prep, like a good compound/polish and a wax like Natty's Blue/S100 (which is pretty much the same thing as P21S i believe).

Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 AM
I use meguairs #7 Show car glaze, followed by a NXT Paste wax. Tell me what you guys think:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Wax