Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Thumbs up to Klasse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up to Klasse

This is not a comparison post -- I am a detailing freak to say the least . Some are addicted to Mods but I love a clean shiny ride. I put only Zaino (7 coats) on my "G" and was very impressed with the quality and durability of the product. However, I always like to try new products and I was researching Klasse (pronounced Klas-uh) on this forum. It is a German product that has been rated as one of the best polishes on the market. So I decided to give it a shot. Ordered the "Twins" on-line from Concours Direct . Very good prices and fast service. http://www.klassedirect.com/index.html

I first had the emotional task of removing the 7 coats of "Z" which as anyone who has worked with Zaino was a lot of hard work .

1. Dawn Wash and dry vehicle.
2. Two wiping applications of Acryli-Clean DX330 using a microfiber towel.
3. Two coats of Klasse ALL-IN-ONE - Full Body-Glass-Wheels
(did not buff off 1st coat just waited 20 min and went over the entire car again -used a damp microfiber towel and a dry one and buffed to a shine)
4. Two coats of the High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Waited till the next day before I applied the 2nd. Let sit for 2 hours.. Wiped off residues with a damp and dry, Microfiber towel.
5. Meguiars Final Inspection - Microfiber towel
6. Very nice results!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288939079

It's very easy to apply and remove -- Like Zaino a little product goes a long way. The label claims there's no need to wait for it to dry; simply apply with a damp cloth and then buff to a shine, and that proved correct. However, I read a post from a Klasse Guru that the two coats of AIO was a more complete and through application. In fact, I'd say it's the easiest cleaner/polish product I've ever used. It did do a remarkable job of both cleaning and polishing -- it's a very nice shine on my Girl -- noticeably better after I applied the 2 coats of the High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

It's extremely hard to take photos that do justice to any type of waxes or polishes, but I took some photos hoping that the photos would do the talking. No sun here for the last two days so I just took some in the overcast sky..

It's apparent that there's a difference... The color seems to be a bit darker and looks wetter than the Zaino.. I think I will stay with Klasse for a while.. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to protect and enhance their "G" investment. I am not saying that it is better than Zaino or Blackfire or any other product. Whatever you use, as long as you follow the directions, and take your time, I am sure your "G" will look great.

Have a "G"reat Day!

TC

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness"

I'm not obsessed with detailing, really!

Old 10-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Re: Thumbs up to Klasse

i have been using klasse for a year now on my car. i know you put two coats of AIO on your car but i just wanted to let you know that that product can not be layered, you pretty much just took off the first coat while applying the second. if you want a real deep shine by layering try purchasing the klasse high gloss sealant. use it after the AIO and then put as many coats of the HGS on as you want, the HGS is a little harder to buff out but the longer you let it dry the easier it is.

Old 10-06-2003, 08:22 AM

I have been using Klasse on my boat and agree it is great.
(also used it on past cars)
Try topping your Klasse with S100 or P21. That will produce a WOW shine.

BillR

Old 10-06-2003, 01:52 PM

Thanks your the second to suggest S100-P21.. I will probably try and get some to try it..

TC

I'm not obsessed with detailing, really!

114487-Sklgun.JPG

Old 10-06-2003, 06:01 PM

I too have been using klasse AIO and High sealant glaze. It does a great job and doesn't require a huge amount of time to do so. I would definately recommend (especially if you don't have that much time to put into applying a product like zaino).

Old 10-08-2003, 03:35 AM
Running for his life!!

I love Klasse. It definately has the best shine. I use Zainos myself, cause it lasts alot longer than Klasse. I'm to lazy or don't care about my car as much I did when I first got it to polish it every month or two.

G35C 6MT / AMG E55

Old 10-11-2003, 06:33 PM

Just applied AIO and SG this afternoon. Best my car's ever looked. I was very surprised how easy it was to buff away the AIO, but SG was a bitch in the spots where I used too much.

I think the reason it looks so nice is that my car's surface wasn't coming from a perfectly prepped state. I washed/waxed my car a few times before reading these forums and made beginner mistakes and some nice swirls. Using CG really didn't help things out. I mean it looked okay, worse IMO than when I used carnuba, but I especially wasn't too keen on having to reapply CG quick every few weeks once it gets cold out. After appling the AIO today, all the waterspots, bits of bug remains, etc were all gone (and no, I didn't clay it beforehand, I couldn't find my bar!). The SG made it shine nicely. I highly recommend this line of products.

And no offense to the CGer's out there. If I had used CG from day one, I may have a different opinion. I still like it on my rims

Drew
2003 G35 Sedan 6MT / Black / Graphite / Aero

Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 PM

Klasse still going strong... well I have been using the Klasse since October 03 and I must say I am satying with it for the long haul.. it has proven itself with durability and great looks..easy to QD the Girl and she always looks good..! Just thought I would shout a bit after a 6 month testing period..

TC

207620-6213gears.gif

Old 03-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

tcfool
Thanks for your input about the Klasse product line....
I wanted to try the Zaino process, but since I live in New Jersey, I had to order from out of state. That really bugged me since they are located about 15 miles away from me...
If I have to pay shipping charges to a company that is located in my backyard, I just won't do it...

I will give the Klasse and shot and follow up with the P 100s carnauba wax and the sonus acrylic detail spray...should make it a complete package....
Thanks again...<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-15-2004, 03:48 PM

I didn't have time to Klasse my car up this weekend. I just did a wash and went all over with the Sonus spray... simply amazing results.

Drew
2003 G35 Sedan 6MT / Black / Graphite / Prem / Aero

Old 03-16-2004, 03:59 PM

Klasse is king- I just switched to it a few months ago. Topping the SG with Pinnacle Souveran wax really does the trick.