Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Perma Seal wax SCREWED my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry abt the wax messing up your car...

also, if you were using the car for your wedding.. then why wouldnt u just take it to the pros!

anyways hope u can work it out before the wedding.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
also if you plan on waxing i suggest doing so in a shady area on a cool g.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Thumbs up Zaino Z-8

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
what's everyone's favorite SEALER? is NXT a sealer? and do you guys put wax over top of your sealer?
After the Dawn routine and Clay Bar then it's time for the Zaino dance:

Z-1 Polish Lok
Z-2 if you choose....
Z-6 in between coats
Z-5 for scraches
Z-6 again...
Oh yeah don't forget the ZFX accelerant if it's too hot or humid...
Finish it with some Z-8 and you're good to go!!

Love this stuff, been using it for years and it can't be beat imho once you figure out that using less of it is MORE. Put it on as thin as you can with one of Sal's own cotton applicators then buff with a 100% cotton towel as mentioned b 4.

A coat of Zaino has to be good for another 5mph on the top end!!

Cheers,

Tinsby

Multiple coats can be applied in any order, one doesn't take the last one off. Successive coats give a deep ' look down into shine'!

Old 07-29-2006, 08:56 AM
I used to deal with the guys who made "perma---l" wax.
To quote one of the guys in the warehouse " I wouldn't use this s--t on my Pinto!

Old 07-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
What did you do, just toss on this miracle wax? No surface prep? You could probably layer on the best wax and get the same results. You're going to have to strip the surface, and start from scratch. Autopia.org for help....

Old 03-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perma seal

I feel your pain man,especially with black car. Just dilute a few ounces of Dawn dish soap in the bucket and wash it yours car first that going to remove the wax. I personally used for last five years Acrylic Werks and its works like magic specially on black colored cars. I highly recommend this product, just go to the www.acrylicwerks.com and check it out. Its makes even dull old pants looks like mirror, pretty impressive. Check reviews on this particular product and you going to see what I am talking about.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Old 03-09-2019, 01:10 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Not the oldest necro I've seen but this is a pretty good one.

Personally I prefer the Klasse products, acrylic, easy to apply, lasts an entire year through 110F desert summers and 10F desert winters.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Klasse is 40 year old acrylic technology. Werkstat if still available is better, but silica spray sealants like Optimum Hyper Seal are significantly better and stupid easy to use.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Can't tell you how happy I am to have discovered Optimum products thanks to this forum.

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (05-09-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 08:33 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Klasse is 40 year old acrylic technology. Werkstat if still available is better, but silica spray sealants like Optimum Hyper Seal are significantly better and stupid easy to use.
Just want to make sure I'm looking at the correct product, is it "Opti-coat Hyper Seal" ?

How often does it need to be applied? One of the reasons I've stuck with Klasse for so long is it lasts at LEAST a year before needing reapplication. I typically do it in the spring when I clay bar my vehicles, followed immediately by Klasse All-In-One, followed immediately by Klasse High Gloss Glaze.

Wait 24 hours then clean with Optimum No Rinse Wash & WAX (not wash & shine). ONR W&W is the same stuff I use for weekly cleaning, car is usually washed 30 times per year or so.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I usually clay only twice a year and wax only twice a year.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Just want to make sure I'm looking at the correct product, is it "Opti-coat Hyper Seal" ?

How often does it need to be applied? One of the reasons I've stuck with Klasse for so long is it lasts at LEAST a year before needing reapplication. I typically do it in the spring when I clay bar my vehicles, followed immediately by Klasse All-In-One, followed immediately by Klasse High Gloss Glaze.

Wait 24 hours then clean with Optimum No Rinse Wash & WAX (not wash & shine). ONR W&W is the same stuff I use for weekly cleaning, car is usually washed 30 times per year or so.
https://www.opticoat.com/product/opt...er-seal-16-oz/

You can apply it with a foam pad like Opti-Seal, simply spread on the paint and it self levels. Or spray on the paint and spread around with a microfiber towel (like a spray wax) or while washing with ONR as a drying aid. Wash a section, then before drying, spritz Hyper Seal on the paint and then dry as usual. The foam pad application lasts the longest, 8-10 months usually. But if you use it as a drying aid it may add 2-3 minutes to an ONR wash and your paint is always protected.

You can use Optimum Gloss Coat, its a 2-3 year ceramic coating. Very easy to use, looks great.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (05-09-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
G35 Sedan Leather Base, Z1 Plenum Spacer, Z Tube (Currently sold to a friend)
Originally Posted by Scottwax
https://www.opticoat.com/product/opt...er-seal-16-oz/

You can apply it with a foam pad like Opti-Seal, simply spread on the paint and it self levels. Or spray on the paint and spread around with a microfiber towel (like a spray wax) or while washing with ONR as a drying aid. Wash a section, then before drying, spritz Hyper Seal on the paint and then dry as usual. The foam pad application lasts the longest, 8-10 months usually. But if you use it as a drying aid it may add 2-3 minutes to an ONR wash and your paint is always protected.

You can use Optimum Gloss Coat, its a 2-3 year ceramic coating. Very easy to use, looks great.
Awesome, I need to update my waxing methods. Glad someone did the grave digging on this thread. I still do everything by hand and am in the habit of using a lot of the same products I have used for almost 30 years now. My buddy laughed at my metal bottle of "Liquid Glass" on the shelf. They still sell it, I still use it, and it can give you a serious headache if applied inside of your garage.

Off to reasearch Optiseal products....

Old 08-03-2019, 10:29 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I recently switched to the Opti-Seal that @Scottwax was talking about. That stuff is amazing, and VERY cost effective. $20 for the big bottle and I bet I could treat the vehicle 30+ times because it takes SO LITTLE. I've been applying it every other week when I wash the car, after the first 2 applications the paint is SUPER slick and very easy to wash on consecutive weekends.

I also apply it to all the exterior glass since it doesn't haze and appears to be even better than my usual glass treatment.

First ONR wash & WAX.
dry.
Opti-Sealsprayed onto a microfiber and wiped of ENTIRE vehicle.
Megiuars D156 sprayed onto another microfiber and wiped over all painted surfaces.
Final clean microfiber to quick buff (about 60 seconds total) any streaky or hazy spots.

I highly recommend the opti-seal, I live in a scorching hot environment so I use the Meguiars as an additional layer of UV protection.

The following 2 users liked this post by cleric670:
kelman81 (09-22-2019), Scottwax (11-26-2020)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Perma Seal wax SCREWED my car