Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Menzerna FPII + s100 pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 35bills
What kind of pads are you using?

Maybe your not using a pad thats not aggressive enough. It would take much longer to acheive the results your looking for using finer pads.
i dont know about that, i used a finishing pad to polish and it took about 2 hours, if that

Old 09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
rotary usually goes quicker than a DA if you know how to use it. Plus you only did a 1 step polish while he was trying to do 3. Depending on experience it could take up to 10 hours

Old 09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^
true,true...

Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
rotary usually goes quicker than a DA if you know how to use it. Plus you only did a 1 step polish while he was trying to do 3. Depending on experience it could take up to 10 hours

thats a 2 step polish + full metal jacket which btw it seems its easy on/off, still even if i did the FMJ by hand i dont think it would have taken me 10 hrs just for polish + FMJ or wax, maybe doing a full (inside/outside/wheel wells/taking off rims/engine bay/carpets/) detail i see myself spending 10 hours on my car, but thats just me...

Old 09-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by driguez
10 hours? it took me about 2 hours to polish the entire car
Are there any swirls in the paint when you look at it in direct sunlight?

I use this constant pressure power pad with the Menzerna Intensive Polish: http://www.properautocare.com/coprorpopa.html

Then I use a standard white polishing pad with the FPII. Then FMJ is applied. Afterwards, when I inspect the surface under the sun, I don't see any swirls or scratches.

Given that the detail job and pads stay exactly the same, and you use a porter cable 7424 instead of a circular polisher, about how much longer would it take using the porter cable?

Old 09-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by chiapet15

I use this constant pressure power pad with the Menzerna Intensive Polish: http://www.properautocare.com/coprorpopa.html

Then I use a standard white polishing pad with the FPII. Then FMJ is applied. Afterwards, when I inspect the surface under the sun, I don't see any swirls or scratches.

Given that the detail job and pads stay exactly the same, and you use a porter cable 7424 instead of a circular polisher, about how much longer would it take using the porter cable?

im not a pro by no means, im still learning, i know that G35stilez and picus are knowledgeable guys when it comes to detailing so oyu might wanna ask them...before the mezerna + finishing pad (lake country) i did have swirls, that was the reason i got the menzerna and pad, but now i have no swirls what so ever.

to be honest i couldnt tell you how long it would take me with a PC bc i dont own one. if that process is working for you then it works for you!! thats all it matters, whether it takes 10 hours or 1 hour do you have pics??

Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Concours d'Elegance
Originally Posted by chiapet15

With the user being proficient with the rotary and PC, the PC will take about 1.5 times longer than the rotary.